The end of the road for CableCard

SHSPVR

kanipek
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Now regarding what you just wrote.  Have you checked to see how Channels DVR handles dupe channels?

By this I mean there are two ways this is normally handled in DVR.  First is the way Emby handles 4 HDHomeRun Primes where instead of have 3 tuners for ABC will have 12 tuners for ABC but you only get one ABC listing.  Emby can record it on any of the tuners so if 3 are full it will use the 4th.

Other systems just eliminate dupes but don't allow the "roll over" of tuners as the channels are stacked.

A simple test like this is to get all tuners on the first device in use then play another channel and see if it rolls over to the next tuner.

Often times DVRs will combine "like" boxes such as all Primes or all Quatro but give dupes when using mixed boxes (ie one Prime and one Quatro).  In NextPVR you can combine ABC from both tuners and set a priority (ie use OTA first).  Does Channels DVR do this?

I've not tried it as I've just started playing with it with the new option but if it eliminates dupes but doesn't roll over it's might not be a desirable function to have.

I am not sure precisely what you mean however - In some brief testing recording 4 different channels it uses unit (1) tuner 0 then tuner 1, moves to another unit (2) Tuner 0 then tuner 1. Viewing one of recording channels (using Shield) it does not use an additional tuner.

• Like 1

nyplayer
On 9/16/2020 at 2:53 PM, kanipek said:

Aside from having to subscribe to channels - For me with 11 HDHR units it enables me to use M3U for all the sources TVE, HDHR etc. It solves the issue I was having when trying to accomplish this - multiple duplicates of each channel listed in the EPG. With this solution one set of the channels is listed in the EPG and I have access to all the tuners and it was simple (You can accomplish this via NextPVR but it is quite a bit more complicated). With the latest update to the DVR all the editing to the M3U provided is eliminated (except possibly using your preferred channel numbers). 

It seems to have sped up the guide refresh for me from 13 minutes to 8 minutes.

Why did I want to do this? Mostly to be able to move the channels around to my own liking. I know all of this is coming to Emby at some point, but until we arrive at that point this will be helpful. Also I had time to play.

I am still testing but it seems pretty sweet.

I found another advantage to using Channels DVR as a backend using M3U ... You can watch the same channel in EMBY and Channels APP using the same tuner. It will not us an additional tuner.

Edited by nyplayer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, nyplayer said:

I found another advantage to using Channels DVR as a backend using M3U ... You can watch the same channel in EMBY and Channels APP using the same tuner. It will not us an additional tuner.

Emby has the same type of stream sharing feature but for an m3u tuner it currently is only utilized depending on the format of the streams within the m3u. In the near future this will be revamped and the streams will always be shared.

• Like 1

For those playing with Channels DVR. Are you having any issues with the 6000-6004 channel number for ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC?

I had all for for two different locations but now both are missing these channels.

kanipek
10 hours ago, cayars said:

For those playing with Channels DVR. Are you having any issues with the 6000-6004 channel number for ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC?

I had all for for two different locations but now both are missing these channels.

While I don't use them and I only get ABC, NBC and PBS they are still available and functional. Did you check the log for the reason? Also if you submit logs they are responsive.

Nope can't say I've done that. Just wanted to see if anyone else had an issue with setting up a new TVH provider?

kanipek
16 minutes ago, cayars said:

Nope can't say I've done that. Just wanted to see if anyone else had an issue with setting up a new TVH provider?

This is an example of what I see:

2020/09/25 02:37:52.256411 [TVE] action=cbs_station data={"success":true,"message":"EMPTY_CHANNELS"}
2020/09/25 02:37:52.256411 [TVE] action=cbs_station err=unavailable in location

Probably not your issue. Did you make sure the "Local Networks via TV Everywhere " box is checked?

Getting Back to this..

I extracted the guide data and believe that the data above the numbered channels is the ChannelsDVR matched channels and the data with the numbers below is the HDHomeRun Prime channels. So it is a matter of going through the unmatched channels and giving them appropriate guide data and then numbering things so they have a channel number in Emby EPG?

Listings obtained here courtesy @pünktchen 

{
      "Name": "MINN-CBSNEWS",
      "Id": "m3u_eaf163f8f09d4058aeb9aa524c68548bc8935e33868da3c072f6f0b6bb91859e"
    },
    {
      "Name": "DEN-CBSNEWS",
      "Id": "m3u_eaf163f8f09d4058aeb9aa524c68548bfeb05e5e16af66a5a43061ca664876e9"
    },
    {
      "Name": "PIT-CBSNEWS",
      "Id": "m3u_eaf163f8f09d4058aeb9aa524c68548bd7b1556569f5857ea067b1bdcffcff9b"
    },
    {
      "Name": "PHI-CBSNEWS",
      "Id": "m3u_eaf163f8f09d4058aeb9aa524c68548bc27ac6051ac845e3f903526496d8d3cc"
    },
    {
      "Name": "CHI-CBSNEWS",
      "Id": "m3u_eaf163f8f09d4058aeb9aa524c68548b46df07e24f0aa406c634eed727b34941"
    },
    {
      "Name": "DAL-CBSNEWS",
      "Id": "m3u_eaf163f8f09d4058aeb9aa524c68548b39b930db2693a2beb1fcd5f3665b4583"
    },
    {
      "Name": "58 FYI",
      "Id": "hdhr_58"
    },
    {
      "Name": "204 NWSMX",
      "ProviderChannelName": "NEWSMXH",
      "ProviderChannelId": "97163",
      "Id": "hdhr_204"
    },
    {