The end of the road for CableCard

SHSPVR

Spectrum does not provide "separable security" on AndroidTV devices as they have no app for them. 

Hopefully Emby will someday soon have TV Everywhere in the DVR or we'll be forced to switch to ChannelsDVR when the Cable Companies drop CableCARD support.

Edited by Sammy

SHSPVR

Spectrum actually dose right here unlike my cheap A$$ Cable Company

The problem ChannelsDVR is it doing things IIIegal sooner or later they going get shut because of it

This could very well be the nail in the proverbial coffin that will be responsible for the HDHomeRun 6 never coming to market.  That device has been announced since what 2015 and keeps getting pushed back for one reason or another and many have felt it will never make it to market.  This could very well do that device in.

It sucks to be TIVO right now.

This is not good news in general for TV/DVRs apps in general as it allows closing off the cable market AGAIN and getting forced to use cable boxes.  Had the FCC mandated export of M3U or some other method instead of cable card that would have been different but this isn't a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Sammy said:

20200905_114228.jpg

Is this a picture of a Polar bear playing in the snow?  LOL

• Haha 2

It's not there now but previously was a white picture hence the polar bear in the snow comment. :)

What was it supposed to be a picture of @Sammy?

41 minutes ago, cayars said:

It's not there now but previously was a white picture hence the polar bear in the snow comment. :)

What was it supposed to be a picture of @Sammy?

A screen shot of the Play Store on my phone showing Spectrum TV app not compatible with my AndroidTV devices. 

nyplayer
23 hours ago, SHSPVR said:

The problem ChannelsDVR is it doing things IIIegal sooner or later they going get shut because of it

You have been against TVE from the start but it is still going strong and getting better. Why so negative if it is shutdown you have the option to cancel Channels DVR anytime you want... so it still is the best solution if you lose cable card. I have been enjoying TVE from the start if it gets shutdown I have gotten my money's worth and more from Channels DVR.

Edited by nyplayer

On 9/6/2020 at 8:46 AM, SHSPVR said:

Just curious, but what is it they are doing that is illegal?

SHSPVR
1 minute ago, nyplayer said:

You have been against TVE from the start but it is still going strong and getting better. Why so negative if it is shutdown you have the option to cancel Channels DVR anytime you want... so it still is the best solution if you lose cable card.

If going so good then how come I still see many report of people having problem with it everyday, and no it still not the best solution if you lose cable card as you have do add HD-PVR and reg cable box tuner and ir blaster

nyplayer
1 minute ago, SHSPVR said:

If going so good then how come I still see many report of people having problem with it everyday, and no it still not the best solution if you lose cable card as you have do add HD-PVR and reg cable box tuner and ir blaster

They address any problem right away I even have TVE working on EMBY using Channels DVR as a tuner.

SHSPVR
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Just curious, but what is it they are doing that is illegal?

There getting a round the credentials bypassing the actual webpage outside there network if read the EULA even state this

Some page have start adding forcing 2 factor login so can't by it Channel DVR you end up with auth failures it a cat and mouse game with login

I'd hate to have to go back to capture cards and IR blasters.  All that will do is push people to move to illegal IPTV as people who try to "play fair" are forced to look elsewhere for recordable TV.

Of course TVE and IPTV is likely not going to have the quality or ease of use of something like a PRIME and Cable Card so that's another downside.

41 minutes ago, nyplayer said:

They address any problem right away I even have TVE working on EMBY using Channels DVR as a tuner.

Instrucciones please! 

SHSPVR
Just now, cayars said:

I'd hate to have to go back to capture cards and IR blasters.  All that will do is push people to move to illegal IPTV as people who try to "play fair" are forced to look elsewhere for recordable TV.

Of course TVE and IPTV is likely not going to have the quality or ease of use of something like a PRIME and Cable Card so that's another downside.

The problem with that IPTV service is that they are getting shut down left and right fast then ever it to just another cat and mouse game every week you see it torrentfreak web site, I don't like it any more then you do but I really hope that SiliconDust is working on bring back Premium TV service that only hope.

But I had go to on Steaming it most likely be Youtube to better DVR 

• Like 1

nyplayer
1 hour ago, SHSPVR said:

There getting a round the credentials bypassing the actual webpage outside there network if read the EULA even state this

Some page have start adding forcing 2 factor login so can't by it Channel DVR you end up with auth failures it a cat and mouse game with login

They are not bypassing anything as you have to logon with your provider credentials and the network you are trying to view will only work if your provider and your provider credentials are accepted. Obviously you are misinformed.

For example try this site ...

https://www.wetv.com/livestream

Edited by nyplayer

11 minutes ago, nyplayer said:

They are not bypassing anything as you have to logon with your provider credentials and the network you are trying to view will only work if your provider and your provider credentials are accepted. Obviously you are misinformed.

For example try this site ...

https://www.wetv.com/livestream

But the additional wrinkle is that, with a server application, you can then distribute those streams - which are valid for a specific geographical area - to an area where they are not.

SHSPVR
17 minutes ago, nyplayer said:

They are not bypassing anything as you have to logon with your provider credentials and the network you are trying to view will only work if your provider and your provide credentials are accepted.

They are too bypass it as it only using the modified url link + credentials common know as injection scripting language for gaining access to the actually media steam work around actual web page site it self, it basically the same principle as with game cheats.

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 1

nyplayer
4 minutes ago, SHSPVR said:

They are too bypass it as it only using the modified url link + credentials common know as injection scripting language for gaining access to the actually media steam work around actual web page site it self, it basically the same principle as with game cheats.

All I know is that it works and anybody that has Cable Card would be dumb not to try it. EMBY would be wise to look into providing something similar.

Edited by nyplayer

SHSPVR
5 minutes ago, nyplayer said:

All I know is that it works and anybody that has Cable Card would be dumb not to try it. EMBY would be wise to look into providing something similar.

They can go the same router as Plex did not long ago and be 100% legal and distribute in a specific geographical area depend on media broadcaster requirement for the channel but as you know we will lose out on the ability to record the show.

Keep in I didn't say the Channel DVR was bad it very ok app.