MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

@@yardameus is correct, the Day of the week is pushing the clock off screen. I am pretty sure that the clock has been edited using MediaCenterThemer to include the week day. Here's the screenshot showing this.

334kkuf.png

unlike yardameus, I didn't participate in the alpha, and only installed the beta through MBC, but I DID delete the files you requested, to no effect.

Ah ok, if its MCT , i'll look at just ensuring its anchored to the right hand side, and elongating the background, to accommodate MCT's interferring ;)

I'll add in a the global option for clock on all views, however there will always be to date/time and weather on home screen, thats how the theme is designed and i'm not going to change it.

I need to update the first page too. But i dont think its necessary as there are only a few things to sort.

Thanks all for your continued support with testing.

• Like 2

buddyweiser

I'll add in a the global option for clock on all views, however there will always be to date/time and weather on home screen, thats how the theme is designed and i'm not going to change it.

What I was saying is, there is already a global option in MBC in the General tab, I was just saying Xenon should honor that. I personally like the clock/weather on the homescreen :P

Cheesegeezer

What I was saying is, there is already a global option in MBC in the General tab, I was just saying Xenon should honor that. I personally like the clock/weather on the homescreen :P

Yup i agree, however i'm just saying that the clock, date and weather are in my design for EHS screen and will stay. The global option will be relevant for all other pages. :P lol

buddyweiser

Yup i agree, however i'm just saying that the clock, date and weather are in my design for EHS screen and will stay. The global option will be relevant for all other pages. :P lol

That sounds great to me :) It would also be pretty cool if when you press down(moving to the Unwatched/Future/New etc menu bar), then press down again, if it would expand the weather icon to maybe a 3 day forecast, I think something similar in Chocolate :)

Anyway, have a safe flight bud.

Cheesegeezer

That sounds great to me :) It would also be pretty cool if when you press down(moving to the Unwatched/Future/New etc menu bar), then press down again, if it would expand the weather icon to maybe a 3 day forecast, I think something similar in Chocolate :)

Anyway, have a safe flight bud.

Haha, yeah, we'll see, lets get the bugs out, get it released then i can start adding the bells and whistles ;)

Cheers buddy ;)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Well I finally got home and after a long time away and all my hard work, I finally got to see my own theme on the big screen (55")

And I have to say.... I love it!!! Well Done Mr Cheese :D.

A bit of self praise doesn't hurt anyone hahaha.

So anyways on the flight i was working on the clock and date things you have mentioned previously and they should be all sorted now ;)

For next release 0.0.0.23

--------------------------------

EHS date/time issues should be sorted now

Global clock config option is implemented - if enabled and not on EHS screen you should see clock above the config panel (top right) - Clock/Date/Weather will always be present on EHS.

Will add Season and episode titles to Thumbstrip view.

Might implement the DiscArt in the next release, just need to figure out best placement for it. (P.S. - there will be no animated disc rolling around, as this will hinder extender users)

I'm gonna fire up the 360 now and check it's performance and layout. @@BAS has given me a few issues to get through on the extender side of things.

• Like 4

Cheesegeezer

@@CBers Thanks me ole Corn Beef ;)

Ok 0.0.0.23 is up 

Changelog

--------------

Global clock config option is implemented - if enabled and not on EHS screen you should see clock above the config panel (top right) - Clock/Date/Weather will always be present on EHS.

Fixed - Season and episode titles are now in Thumbstrip view.

Fixed Season Names not showing in Thumbview.

Fixed Title Lengths in Detail View.  Focused Item now allows for a longer length of text (this particularly bugged me when viewing music with long names).

Still to do

------------

Try and sort out final details Next/Prev Navigation issues.

Localized strings

Add Disc Art

360 Extender Testing

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Your first point.... it makes no odds regarding whether the play panel is there or not, if you press play it tells you that you don't have the item in your collection, if you click actors, you can see the cast for that episode.. if you click on chapters it tells you that there are no chapters..   Alternatively I can create a new page for Upcoming TV items and give it it's own layout.

Item has IsPlayable and HasChapterInfo so that you can conditionally hide those buttons when they don't make sense.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Ok 0.0.0.23 is up 

Changelog

--------------

Fixed - Season and episode titles are now in Thumbstrip view.

Fixed Season Names not showing in Thumbview.

Fixed Title Lengths in Detail View.  Focused Item now allows for a longer length of text (this particularly bugged me when viewing music with long names).

Still to do

------------

Try and sort out final details Next/Prev Navigation issues.

Localized strings

Add Disc Art

360 Extender Testing

-Still having the date/time cut off on main screen :s

-I like the clock in all screens, but could it possibly be tweaked to include AM/PM?

-Great job on the season and episode titles in thumbstrip view! However, on the episode screen for thumbstrip, xenon is still not honoring the "Enable HD Overlay" setting in MBC, and is defaulting to yes.

-I never noticed the title lengths in detail view being cut off, but a quick look in my music library, and everything appears great!

Thanks so much for this FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE, SUPPORTED, and FREE theme Xenon!! Keep up the good work!

To Everyone using Xenon:

Have you had jumpy navigation in EHS using only Xenon, and no other themes? Have you fixed this issue? HOW DID YOU DO IT? Please share :)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Item has IsPlayable and HasChapterInfo so that you can conditionally hide those buttons when they don't make sense.

Haha yeah, good one ebr, i was thinking of Item.IsFuture but your method is much more solid

Thanks

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, small issue I just noticed. Not sure when it happened(I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this before, but I haven't played a game in a while), but the overview for games is partially on top of the poster art. This is only for games as far as I can tell.

bhcf3a.png

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer, small issue I just noticed. Not sure when it happened(I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this before, but I haven't played a game in a while), but the overview for games is partially on top of the poster art. This is only for games as far as I can tell.

bhcf3a.png

This is similar to episodes, I had to give new layout for episode images... we can skype later and get the layout looking right.  I don't have any console games to try out only Windows Games, so that favours the poster image.  

Just been in the office today sorting out my paperwork and expenses for the last job, so i'll get some time tomorrow morning when you probably finish your nightshift to go thru these small niggles and hopefully will get a good final beta out for the community.

• Like 2

AaronG85

was about to report on the above issue, glad someone else picked it up (the game image alignment)

buddyweiser

So i managed to do some more bits today,

I'll put the update up tomorrow morning some time. And then you can break something else for me to fix lol

I'll do what I can :P

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

So i managed to do some more bits today,

I found i can force the date not to use the day, so can add that.

I put in the global option HD overlay for thumbstrip

Removed non applicable buttons on final detail page

Next/prev button removed for upcoming TV items

Now i have consoles appearing i should be able to tweak the layout so that it fits nicely, however i can only check if its a console item, so for n64 where it shows thumbs generally it will be shifted but any other consoles that prefer posters, the posters will be shifted also. It may work out pretty good tho, i have confidence.

I'll put the update up tomorrow morning some time. And then you can break something else for me to fix lol

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.25 is up - Requires MBC Beta 195

Changelog

--------------

force the date not to use the day of week
global option enable for HD overlay for thumbstrip
Game Items Layout has changed to accommadate for thumb style poster images (particularly N64 cartridge posters). Looks a little bit uglier but functional
Improved EHS navigation -  @@buddyweiser please tell me if these have improved your EHS navigation.
Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2

buddyweiser

0.0.0.25 is up - Requires MBC Beta 195

Changelog

--------------

force the date not to use the day of week
global option enable for HD overlay for thumbstrip
Game Items Layout has changed to accommadate for thumb style poster images (particularly N64 cartridge posters). Looks a little bit uglier but functional
Improved EHS navigation -  @@buddyweiser please tell me if these have improved your EHS navigation.

EHS navigation is fixed!! OH YEA @@Cheesegeezer unstoppable!! :D Well, there are still some slight quirks, but it is 99% improved!

-Great fix on the game items! I saw that you said, "particularly N64 posters", but I experience the issue on most of my consoles. However, whatever you did to fix this works great on all my posters, everything shows flawlessly! I don't think it looks any different to be honest :P

-upcoming tv items looks great.

-Global option for hd overlay working like a charm!

@@Cheesegeezer as far as I can tell, version 25 could be upgraded to release! Pending of course a few other votes on that ;)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

EHS navigation is fixed!! OH YEA @@Cheesegeezer unstoppable!! :D Well, there are still some slight quirks, but it is 99% improved!

-Great fix on the game items! I saw that you said, "particularly N64 posters", but I experience the issue on most of my consoles. However, whatever you did to fix this works great on all my posters, everything shows flawlessly! I don't think it looks any different to be honest :P

-upcoming tv items looks great.

-Global option for hd overlay working like a charm!

@@Cheesegeezer as far as I can tell, version 25 could be upgraded to release! Pending of course a few other votes on that ;)

Great Stuff, yeah I'll give you a good day to play with it and let others play too and if there is nothing pressing then I guess I'll upgrade it to release....

Ah I can't until i've done the localized strings. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH Not looking forward to this lol :P

Oh can you let me know if the Day of the Week has disappeared from the EHS?

One final thing unrelated and we can start a new topic if you want.... I have PS2 emulator working like a charm - been playing an old favourite ..... Def Jam Fight for NY!!! :D

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Great Stuff, yeah I'll give you a good day to play with it and let others play too and if there is nothing pressing then I guess I'll upgrade it to release....

Ah I can't until i've done the localized strings. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH Not looking forward to this lol :P

Oh can you let me know if the Day of the Week has disappeared from the EHS?

One final thing unrelated and we can start a new topic if you want.... I have PS2 emulator working like a charm - been playing an old favourite ..... Def Jam Fight for NY!!! :D

Yes, the day of the week has disappeared, sorry forgot to include that. Also wanted to ask, how is the month setup? It is july now, but when it is November or some other long month, will that push the clock off screen again? Just curious.

Lol at ps2, I thought you didnt play emulator games :P I don't know if you could help me with my ps2 issue, as it is related to xpadder I believe. Unless you use xpadder?

Cheesegeezer

Localized Strings implemented!!!! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  only took 2.5hrs.  
Layout in the xml file you can edit, is laid out with headers so you can easily nav to the section you want to change wording for.

Should be the final beta.

Have a real good play with it people.  

I'll put the champas on ice, but won't be cracking it open just yet..... i'm sure one of you will break it :P

Cheesegeezer

Yes, the day of the week has disappeared, sorry forgot to include that. Also wanted to ask, how is the month setup? It is july now, but when it is November or some other long month, will that push the clock off screen again? Just curious.

Lol at ps2, I thought you didnt play emulator games :P I don't know if you could help me with my ps2 issue, as it is related to xpadder I believe. Unless you use xpadder?

Yeah I just checked with november and it seems fine, had to tweak the background graphic but it's all good here.  

You don't need to use anything like xpadder or PinnacleGameProfiler with PCSX2.  It has a built in plugin which you should used called lilypad.

Go to Config then find "Controllers (PAD)" expand the menu and select Plugin Settings

This is how I have mine set up for Xbox 360 Controller

GENERAL TAB

-------------------

40YpqdR.png

PAD1 TAB

-------------

6givhST.png

VIDEO SETTINGS

-----------------------

Go into Config and under Video (GS) and select CoreGS Settings..... Ensure your settings are exactly the same as mine. Especially the speedhacks one notice the slider is on 2. The screen shot below has multiple images so just select the image you want but start from the first option which is EE/IOP. 

http://imgur.com/a/BZ3Ca

After that Go back into the Video (GS) and this time go into plugin settings.  Not sure how powerful your GFX card is but this is where you can increase the quality of the video.  This is how I have mine

uAhK14E.png

AUDIO SETTINGS

-----------------------

And Finally this is how my Audio is.

JEkJNWL.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer

-if in upcoming tv, and go to another library in EHS, when backing out focus goes to user icon at top, then pressing down brings focus to upcoming tv EHS, instead of the library you were previously in.

-if in next up EHS, and go to another library in EHS, when backing out focus remains on library icon(instead of actual item on the EHS, for example if you went to movies, then went up to Noah, and clicked there, when backing out, instead of focus being on the Noah poster, it is below that on the Movies library. however, this is a GREAT improvement to what it is doing on other tv selections)

-if in new tv, and go to another library in EHS, when backing out focus goes to second item listed in new tv on EHS

-if in resume tv, and go to another library in EHS, same result as if in next up EHS, however when backing out here, all thumbs in EHS disappear, and to make them reappear, you have to move focus up to an item, then the thumbs will reappear.

-if in unwatched tv, and go to another library in EHS, when backing out focus goes to second item listed in unwatched tv on EHS

I haven't gone into this kind of detail on this issue as I was unsure what exactly was causing it until now, I really hope this helps so we can get this issue sorted once and for all! Maybe with this info you can reproduce this issue :s

I'm really struggling to repo this..... 

What resolution is your tv set to?  have you had to adjust the overscan padding at all?  I'm really clutching at straws here.

There may be a couple of things left to try still.

On another note, how is everything working for you except the obvious random ehs nav issues.

Cheers

Cheesegeezer

Actually I just fixed it. I was having xpadder ignore the default upon launching pcsx2 previously. I just made a blank profile to launch with pcsx2 and that has it sorted. I needed a profile anyway, so that u could make a close window command. In all of my games it is LB+Back button. For advanced options(save/load/close window) I have a button combo setup so that those don't get accidentally pressed. It's quite handy, @@shaefurr helped me get it all sorted with the sets in xpadder.

As for the EHS, maybe the fix was a fluke? Is there any possible way I can get a copy of the version 25.dll? Just to see if it is fixed in that version?

Glad you got it all sorted with ps2 emu.

Here's 25.dll for you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5sqww7lcocco20/Xenon.dll

let me know how you get on mate

buddyweiser

My resolution is 1176x664(if I remember correctly)if I set it higher, part of the windows screen gets cut off on all sides. I have one of the first Samsung let's so I assume that's why it doesn't display properly? And zero overseas padding.

Other than ehs issues, everything looks great. I'm away for the weekend so can't check on things specifically but nothing bad/no bugs stand out in my memory. Other than some features that I want to request once xenon goes to release :P

Oh, and I'm getting some performance issues with pcsx2, I might not have the hardware to support it, but that's off topic.