Photo

How do I fetch metadata for people only?

metadata people cast and crew library settings

Best Answer Luke , 04 January 2020 - 03:37 PM

The scheduled task only relates to individual person metadata. The actual actor list for each media title comes from the media metadata providers and there's currently no way to configure them for people only.

You might be able to come close to what you want by locking fields but that is a lot of manual work. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Electrical_problems OFFLINE  

Electrical_problems

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 11:09 AM

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:39 AM

Hello:

Issue:

Cast and crew images do not display in Emby.

I am wondering if there is a way to only fetch the metadata for the cast and crew (people)? 

I am reluctant to try anything since all of my other metadata is mostly customized and would appreciate an expert opinion.

Experience:

I have looked through the library settings for metadata and I am unsure which options would apply to resolve only the cast and crew metadata.  I currently have all down-loaders and fetchers disabled/turned-off.

I have read this post and understand there is issues with importing from older storage structures:
https://emby.media/c...-going-onwards/

Other information:

I am running windows 10 / Kodi (build 18.4) / Emby Server 4.3.1.0.

#2 Deathsquirrel OFFLINE  

Deathsquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2136 posts
  • Local time: 10:09 AM

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:29 PM

Look in Scheduled Tasks.  There should be one for Refresh People.

#3 levander OFFLINE  

levander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Local time: 07:09 PM

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:51 PM

I am also interested is there a way to fetch (not refresh) dates for actors that are without it. There are lots of it and I haven’t noticed this issue before. 

I am aware of this but I am not sure what will happen to those people metadata which I edited. 

#4 levander OFFLINE  

levander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Local time: 07:09 PM

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

Also I noticed there are certain amount of people with same name which are mismatched during metadata fetching and the only way to fix this is: 

1. edit metadata of the movie

2. click on the actor which is mismatched

3. rename it — example: ‘Harrison Ford’ > ‘Harrison Ford (I)’

4. identify ‘Harrison Ford (I)’ with exact Harrison Ford

Done. 

(It took me a while till I found the right way to do it so in case anyone needs it there it is)

Unfortunately there is no way telling if next metadata fetching with one of the Harrison Ford will be the right one. As well as there is no way telling if the actor metadata will be fetched at all (even if there is data for it on tmdb). 

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts
  • Local time: 01:09 PM

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:37 PM   Best Answer

The scheduled task only relates to individual person metadata. The actual actor list for each media title comes from the media metadata providers and there's currently no way to configure them for people only.

You might be able to come close to what you want by locking fields but that is a lot of manual work.
  • Electrical_problems likes this

#6 Electrical_problems OFFLINE  

Electrical_problems

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the reply :)

I tried this and it doesn't seem anything happened. Do I need to enable a metadata fetch service? Which one do you recommend?

If I do enable a metadata fetcher will it replace any of my customized movie details and art?

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts
  • Local time: 01:09 PM

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:47 PM

What were you expecting the scheduled task to do?

#8 Electrical_problems OFFLINE  

Electrical_problems

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:48 PM

You might be able to come close to what you want by locking fields but that is a lot of manual work.

Thanks Luke!

#9 Electrical_problems OFFLINE  

Electrical_problems

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

What were you expecting the scheduled task to do?

Honesty, I didn't expect it to do anything without any metadata fetcher enabled. I just did as Deathsquirrel suggested. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metadata, people, cast and crew, library settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users