Photo

How to backup people images with beta going onwards?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 pünktchen ONLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1970 posts
  • Local time: 03:30 AM

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:10 AM

With the beta servers people images are no longer stored under "metadata\People" but under "metadata\library\SOME_CRYPTIC_NUMBER\ANOTHER_CRYPTIC_NUMBER".

How should we proceed to backup our customized people images?

Btw. the metadata editor for people still shows "metadata\People\Letter\Name" for path, although it doesn't exist. 

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124371 posts
  • Local time: 09:30 PM

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:18 AM

It's going to be a little harder now so we will need new guidance.

#3 Abobader OFFLINE  

Abobader

Super-Tester

• Administrators
  • 14402 posts
  • Local time: 04:30 AM

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

It's going to be a little harder now so we will need new guidance.

Yes please do it when you have time, thanks in advanced.

#4 mgworek OFFLINE  

mgworek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

Are we going to lose all the artwork that is currently there for people? some people like myself and spent a lot of time adding images to people. 

#5 Abobader OFFLINE  

Abobader

Super-Tester

• Administrators
  • 14402 posts
  • Local time: 04:30 AM

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:39 AM

Are we going to lose all the artwork that is currently there for people? some people like myself and spent a lot of time adding images to people

Same thing here as well.

But as it seem it update the images from the old locations but not to all, but I really start to get worry, as I test, it seem it getting new images now for actors, and that not good.

#6 mgworek OFFLINE  

mgworek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

Also, I don't know if it is related to this or not but this morning I added a new show. Instead of adding the actor to as their normal name, it added it as Actor Name (Season 4). from another show (American horror story). I went and removed the folder under people for that actor and removed Actor Name (Season 4) from every show or episode they were listed in. I added the the actor back and it automatically picked the (season 4) actor. The actor was correctly identified in the past and has the correct folder under people.

but this was before I found out the folders location is changing.

I will open a separate topic if needed.

#7 jaquestati OFFLINE  

jaquestati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Local time: 06:30 PM

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

with the latest beta has the metadata folders been moved?
will this affect custom metadata folder??

i ask because i just looked and for some reason my movie library (which took like over 2 weeks to rebuild/get all the data) now has like none... ugh. : (

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124371 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

metadata has not moved.

#9 jaquestati OFFLINE  

jaquestati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

metadata has not moved.

weird...
i looked and other libraries do all have their metadata intact ; ) : (

all i can think is somehow emby scanned the NOT real time monitored movies library when i was messing with the gdrive mount a few days ago. (really wish you had the plex empty the trash feature where it doesn't get rid of all those movies/data if you lose a mount for a second) : (

ugh... dreading the WEEKS it's gonna take to re-import/match all that... not even so much for the time but for the 80mbs a second of bandwidth emby uses when doing an initial import.. ugh.

#10 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124371 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

Aren't you a folder rip user? it could be something related to those.

#11 jaquestati OFFLINE  

jaquestati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:23 PM

Aren't you a folder rip user? it could be something related to those.

the disappearance of the metadata or the long scan times?

if you mean the long initial scans... it was the same way long before i ever put any blu rays or video_ts folders in with the regular movie directory (i always kept them separate until a few months ago when i decided emby played them so seamlessly there wasn't a need anymore : ) and its the same way with all my other libraries that don't have any folder rips.

i am wondering if it has to do with my unionfs layer, but try as i might to remove that (thats when i was messing with the mounts for an hour) i can't for the life of me get emby or plex to see the media folder at all (which my regular ubuntu user sees fine) : (

#12 djhifi OFFLINE  

djhifi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Local time: 01:30 AM
  • LocationLisboa - Portugal

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

the disappearance of the metadata or the long scan times?

if you mean the long initial scans... it was the same way long before i ever put any blu rays or video_ts folders in with the regular movie directory (i always kept them separate until a few months ago when i decided emby played them so seamlessly there wasn't a need anymore : ) and its the same way with all my other libraries that don't have any folder rips.

i am wondering if it has to do with my unionfs layer, but try as i might to remove that (thats when i was messing with the mounts for an hour) i can't for the life of me get emby or plex to see the media folder at all (which my regular ubuntu user sees fine) : (

Do you have a centralized folder where the scrapper downloads images (posters, backdrop, logo, etc) to?

If that's the case, it must be something on your side because I have such folder and it's there. I store the nfo's with my media though.

#13 jaquestati OFFLINE  

jaquestati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

Do you have a centralized folder where the scrapper downloads images (posters, backdrop, logo, etc) to?

If that's the case, it must be something on your side because I have such folder and it's there. I store the nfo's with my media though.

yea i have a customized cache/metadata folder in my home dir for emby with emby permissions.... but again i can't save the nfos with the media alas : (

#14 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13829 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

Unless Emby will use the same id for people that are saved in \metadata\library there is no way to backup people.

Emby will utilize/read existing \metadata\people images and person.xml.  You just can't update them via Emby as those updates move images to \library and metadata only gets saved to database.

#15 djhifi OFFLINE  

djhifi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Local time: 01:30 AM
  • LocationLisboa - Portugal

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:36 PM

yea i have a customized cache/metadata folder in my home dir for emby with emby permissions.... but again i can't save the nfos with the media alas : (

But why can't you save NFO's with media? It's a library setup. What's the error in the log when you select such option

#16 jaquestati OFFLINE  

jaquestati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

But why can't you save NFO's with media? It's a library setup. What's the error in the log when you select such option

it's a unionfs merged mount... can't write to it.
been trying to figure out a way to remove the unionfs layer and just straight plexdrive mount the gdrive media folder to the old unionfs path... 
but no matter what ive tried, although my user can see the gdrive mount fine.. neither plex nor emby can :(

#17 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2708 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

That's probably a permission issue.

#18 jaquestati OFFLINE  

jaquestati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:21 PM

That's probably a permission issue.

well you can't grant permissions the same way on a unionfs mount.. you use this "allow other" command and change a few other things.. but you cant write to it... in order to do that i need to remove the unionfs layer and just straight mount it... but when i try that and remove the unionfs merge command with its own allow other command, plex/emby can't see it at all...

#19 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2708 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:22 AM

Just went back and read the thread. So you are trying to write to this mount point and having an issue correct?
My first question would be why you are using unionfs?

#20 jaquestati OFFLINE  

jaquestati

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:01 AM

Just went back and read the thread. So you are trying to write to this mount point and having an issue correct?
My first question would be why you are using unionfs?

well the guide i followed a couple years ago suggested it so that the stuff on the server would merge with the google drive media folder, ie the stuff on the server would appear in  the remote google drive folder even before you rclone/uploaded it... but to be honest i find i don;t care about that.. and wanted to get rid of the unionfs layer/step and maybe see if it was somehow causing a slowdown with my initial scans... and possible let emby write nfos etc to the media folder for quicker library re-imports..

i got plexdrive to mount the media folder sans the unionfs merged folder... and can see the files fine as my ubuntu user.. but plex and emby cant see them at all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users