VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

Why does it bother you?

... i dont really wanty to use that plugin because its still in beta and it doesnt allow me to randomize individual channels ...

eeeeeesy
14 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Why does it bother you?

yeah kind of because duplicating a channel and just randomizing them saves space rather than downloading more files

and the epg stopped working for some reason

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

this is in my ffmpeg log for the plugin

C:\Users\User0\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\VirtualTV0_20211216104436.txt: Invalid data found when processing input

when i open the file its blank.

i think this might have started after i deleted the transcoding folder and the cache folder. the files are not getting recreated like they are supposed to. i have no epg either

pünktchen
1 hour ago, eeeeeesy said:

duplicating a channel and just randomizing them saves space rather than downloading more files

What do you mean by "downloading more files"?

18 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

C:\Users\User0\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\VirtualTV0_20211216104436.txt: Invalid data found when processing input

Why are you using "Continous Playback Mode"? For Emby apps it's best to use "Playlist Playback".

21 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

i have no epg either

The epg isn't stored in the cache folder. There must be an other reason for your issue. I need to see the full log file in debug mode.

eeeeeesy
33 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

What do you mean by "downloading more files"?

Why are you using "Continous Playback Mode"? For Emby apps it's best to use "Playlist Playback".

The epg isn't stored in the cache folder. There must be an other reason for your issue. I need to see the full log file in debug mode.

i mean downloading more movies

why would i want a playlist? i dont want to start an episode at the beginning every time i select a channel. i want to watch my channels like its a real live tv airing. 

heres my log with debug enabled

embyserver.txt

pünktchen
43 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

why would i want a playlist? i dont want to start an episode at the beginning every time i select a channel. i want to watch my channels like its a real live tv airing. 

And that's exactly what should happen also in "Playlist Mode".

Edited by pünktchen

eeeeeesy
18 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

And that's exatly what should happen also in "Playlist Mode".

maybe its starting at the beginning because theres no epg then. can you please look at my logs so i can get the epg working? i even tried downgrading my emby server for windows but that didnt fix it.

pünktchen

You are "suspending the creation of new program data" and at the same time you are allowing Emby to fetch only two days of guide data.
So the VirtualTV guide data has probably reached its end.

image.png.b707ea59654bf9ea883aff6fa1c6b19d.png

eeeeeesy

thanks that got some of my channels showing epg. i guess i have to make sure theres metadata for the other channels first. i had suspend creation set to 48 because i though that will prevent the epg from randomizing for 48 hours. i would like it only to randomize the  epg every 48 hours. do you know how i can do that?

pünktchen

It is okay to suspend it for 48 hours, but then make sure the "Days to download guide data" under Live TV settings is 3 or more and not "Auto".

eeeeeesy
9 hours ago, pünktchen said:

It is okay to suspend it for 48 hours, but then make sure the "Days to download guide data" under Live TV settings is 3 or more and not "Auto".

i have set the days for the live tv guide data to 3 days like you said and set the virtual tv plugin to 48 hours but the epg was not populating still so i set it back to 0 and it populated. i would like to set it to 48 hours though still if theres another way

crusher11

Did you set it to 3 days, then do a refresh, then set it to 48 hours? I imagine if you just set both, it only grabs 24 hours but it then implements the engine 3 day lock. 

pünktchen

This should work:

Set the days to download and hours to suspend guide data.

Delete the VirtualTVGuide.txt under the plugins\configuration folder.

Restart Emby and do a guide refresh.

eeeeeesy
5 hours ago, pünktchen said:

This should work:

Set the days to download and hours to suspend guide data.

Delete the VirtualTVGuide.txt under the plugins\configuration folder.

Restart Emby and do a guide refresh.

theres no .txt but theres a VirtualTV.xml. ill try deleting the xml

edited:

threres a VirtualTVGuideRefresh but its blank

Screenshot 2021-12-17 234755.png

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy
6 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Yeah, i mean the VirtualTVGuideRefresh file. Don't delete the xml, it holds all the plugin settings.

i think its working. thanks. 

i have another question. since currently only 30 channels are supported, can you add spaces for 30 more channels or more but have an error message pop up that tells you you have too many channels enabled and to disable a channel. that way i wont have to re-create my christmas channels every year. i could just disable my christmas channels and enable my other holiday channels while still only having 30 channels enabled at a time and could keep my configurations for when the time of the year comes to enable them.

pünktchen
32 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

how can i set the maximum amount of simultanious streams or tuners for VirtualTV?

Good question! The only thing that comes to my mind is the "max simultanous video stream" limit under each Emby user profile.

eeeeeesy
42 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Good question! The only thing that comes to my mind is the "max simultanous video stream" limit under each Emby user profile.

have you had any reports about channels not working on roku? my sister cant play channels on her roku. it loads to 30% and stops. but she can watch my vod. i was thinking it was a simultanious stream thing but i stopped all streams and she still cant play the channels.

pünktchen

Yes, until recently the Roku didn't work with "Playlist Playback Mode" at all. That shouldn't be a problem anymore, although currently not always the correct show starts to play. This should be fixed in the next beta of the Roku app.