VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

warrentc3

Testing now...  thanks for all your hard work on this.

Looks like the Actor per Episode is still providing incorrect episodes where the actor isn't listed as appearing.  

image.png.8426e3cacb35fda9771a9439654697ed.png

Curious if there's any way to not have episodes show as "Premiere". 

image.png.b3b48416bae1276bbc44e53f8607ab70.png

Edited by warrentc3

pünktchen
8 hours ago, warrentc3 said:

Looks like the Actor per Episode is still providing incorrect episodes where the actor isn't listed as appearing.

It's working fine here in my testing. Are you sure there aren't any other rules than actor for your channel that leads to the undesired result?

8 hours ago, warrentc3 said:

Curious if there's any way to not have episodes show as "Premiere".

It is showing this for items that have not been watched by the user that you have selected in the channel definition of the config. I like it this way, so i will not remove it completely. What i could do is to make it dependend on the playback option "Add the Channel User to playback sessions (Sync play state)". Would that help you?

warrentc3
8 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

It's working fine here in my testing. Are you sure there aren't any other rules than actor for your channel that leads to the undesired result?

Literally the only rule set is actor = “Anthony Bourdain”. 

I setup a virtualtv user for library access.  i suppose i could mark my whole library as watched. i totally understand why the play state is what it is.   there isn’t any way to have guide data per user, so that’ll do.    thanks! 

pünktchen
42 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

Literally the only rule set is actor = “Anthony Bourdain”. 

What else should i say? The only way to debug your problem would be sending me your library.db

warrentc3
6 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

What else should i say? The only way to debug your problem would be sending me your library.db

i’ll do some repro work on my dev instance with logging turned up and keep you posted. 

fillidill

I love this plugin and am a regular user of it. Would it be possible to add a logo of the channel playing in the video OSD? See a simple mockup below. But I am guessing this maybe have to be done by the emby team to even be possible?

livetv.jpg

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
david.torcivia

Are there plans to increase the content types? Say if I wanted to make an MTV type channel that just plays music videos (something emby supports and has additional metadata for via the IMVDB plugin).

pünktchen
7 hours ago, david.torcivia said:

Are there plans to increase the content types? Say if I wanted to make an MTV type channel that just plays music videos (something emby supports and has additional metadata for via the IMVDB plugin).

Music videos are already possible.

• Thanks 1

Seger

Hey, I just updated to the new server version and now I no longer see the live channels, do I have to do anything special? The plugin is still maintained and my settings are still there.

Edit:just seen, must also install the new plugin 🙂

Edited by Seger

Mookdog

Hey @pünktchenI am on the beta .40 of the emby server for windows. For some reason the streams load fine with the plugin on a browser (All though slow when connecting to them). On the android tv app it will not play. The wheel spins for a few seconds screen goes black and the player counts like -012 and so on but no video ever plays. Any idea what could cause that ?

Edit : Now its not playing in the browser either. I am going to attach a video so u can see what it does on android tv

https://streamable.com/1vnuv5

Mook

Edited by Mookdog
Update

pünktchen

Sounds like session mismatch. Maybe a restart of Emby server will. help. Otherwise logs will tell us more.

pünktchen
3 hours ago, Mookdog said:

@pünktchenHere a few logs I dont know exactly which one is which

Okay, you're obviously using Continous Playback. This seems to be working at the plugin side, at least for the concatenated ts file. Can you try to play one of those ts files in the transcoding temp folder with VLC at the time you start playback in Emby? I also need the server log for further assistance.

Mookdog
7 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Okay, you're obviously using Continous Playback. This seems to be working at the plugin side, at least for the concatenated ts file. Can you try to play one of those ts files in the transcoding temp folder with VLC at the time you start playback in Emby? I also need the server log for further assistance.

Hey I played the channel on my shield then went to my transcoding folder on my pc and played it with vlc and it came up with a black screen and thats it

I will attach server log now

Thanks

Mook

embyserver.txt

pünktchen
5 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Hey I played the channel on my shield then went to my transcoding folder on my pc and played it with vlc and it came up with a black screen and thats it

I'm really confused now. The previous "ffmpeg-VirtualTVx_xxxxxxxxxxxx.txt" log files will only be created with "Continous Playback" mode. Now in your server log i see you are using "Playlist Playback" mode. That works completely different and it is normal that "VirtualTVIntro.ts" from the transcoding temp folder will show just a black video.
In your server log are two playback attempts:
One was in Chrome and that one was working as far as i can see it from the log file.
The other one was in the AndroidTV app and yes i see an error that resulted from a missing ts segment. The ts segments are generated by ffmpeg if the app cannot direct play the "VirtualTVIntro.ts" file. The question is why was the the ts segment missing? Is there any "ffmpeg-directstream-4a6f8e01" log?

Mookdog
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I'm really confused now. The previous "ffmpeg-VirtualTVx_xxxxxxxxxxxx.txt" log files will only be created with "Continous Playback" mode. Now in your server log i see you are using "Playlist Playback" mode. That works completely different and it is normal that "VirtualTVIntro.ts" from the transcoding temp folder will show just a black video.
In your server log are two playback attempts:
One was in Chrome and that one was working as far as i can see it from the log file.
The other one was in the AndroidTV app and yes i see an error that resulted from a missing ts segment. The ts segments are generated by ffmpeg if the app cannot direct play the "VirtualTVIntro.ts" file. The question is why was the the ts segment missing? Is there any "ffmpeg-directstream-4a6f8e01" log?

Here ya go

Mook

ffmpeg-directstream-4a6f8e01-483c-4890-8cea-50f031fec924_1.txt

pünktchen

That looks okay to me, but i'm not the expert. Maybe @softworkz can have a look at the ffmpeg and server log from the previous posts. Btw. does the problem start exactly with the server update or after some time? Does the problem occur always now or only sometimes?

Mookdog
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

That looks okay to me, but i'm not the expert. Maybe @softworkz can have a look at the ffmpeg and server log from the previous posts. Btw. does the problem start exactly with the server update or after some time? Does the problem occur always now or only sometimes?

Happens all the time I really cant tell if the server update did it or what. I know on previous stable it worked fine

Mook

pünktchen

Does it make a difference if you activate direct play live tv in the app settings?

10 hours ago, pünktchen said:

You should look into the server log. There are a number of errors like

System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: Invalid segment index requested: 9 - Segment count: 0

There have been some changes to the segment service, so maybe that's related.

Jdturos

My Virtual Tv box was working fine for minths and suddenly the channels disappeared I am a premium Emby member can you please help plug-in is still installed 

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, Jdturos said:

My Virtual Tv box was working fine for minths and suddenly the channels disappeared I am a premium Emby member can you please help plug-in is still installed 

a new plugin was required for server versions 4.7+. have you manually installed that?

• Like 1

pünktchen
8 hours ago, softworkz said:

You should look into the server log. There are a number of errors like

System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: Invalid segment index requested: 9 - Segment count: 0

I saw it in the server log, that's why i requested the ffmpeg log after this. But that looks okay to me.