VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

In your query string:

http://192.168.178.9:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?StreamType=Universal&CatchupType=shift&CatchupContainer=hls&RealLiveTv=true&User={Emby User Name}&Pass={Emby User Password}&Token={Custom Token}&Device={Unique Device Name}

Hmm.

On the plugin page in emby, I specified the name "Streamer" under Device.
I filled in every field, both on the "Swagger" page and on the plugin page.
The message always appears: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'input')

http://192.168.178.9:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?StreamType=Universal&CatchupType=shift&CatchupContainer=hls&RealLiveTv=true&User=VirtualTV&Pass=12345678&Device=Streamer&MaxBitrate=4000&Timeout=10&Token=12345678

This url is generated by swagger. Here it says: device = streamer

pünktchen

Have you sanitized the user password of the Emby user account VirtualTV for the forum or is it really 12345678?

Edited by pünktchen

pünktchen

Okay i've tested some things and now i think i know what the problem is. Do any of your channels don't have a channel image? 

Right. A channel does not accept a picture. No idea why. I disabled the channel once and can at least generate an m3u, but it doesn't work yet.

Code details 200

Response body

Unrecognized response type;

displaying content as text.

Download

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF: -1 catchup="shift" tvg-id="10424764" tvg-chno="1" tvg-name="Das Erste HD" tvg-logo="http://url:8096/emby/VirtualTV/ChannelImage/Das+Erste+HD.png?Token=12345678" group-title="Private",Das Erste HD
http://url:8096/emby/VirtualTV/10424764/stream.ts?User=VirtualTV&Pass=myuserpass&Device=Streamer&CatchupContainer=hls&MaxBitrate=4000&Timeout=10&Token=12345678

#EXTINF: -1 catchup="shift" tvg-id="8102902" tvg-chno="40" tvg-name="Action TV" tvg-logo="http://url:8096/emby/VirtualTV/ChannelImage/Action+TV.jpg?Token=12345678" ,Action TV

http://url:8096/emby/VirtualTV/8102902/stream.ts?User=VirtualTV&Pass=myuserpass&Device=Streamer&CatchupContainer=hls&MaxBitrate=4000&Timeout=10&Token=12345678

I do not understand that.

Edited by Svennie

pünktchen
25 minutes ago, Svennie said:

I disabled the channel once and can at least generate an m3u

I will fix the API endpoint so that it does not fail if a channel image is missing. But i don't understand what you mean here:

26 minutes ago, Svennie said:

but it doesn't work yet

The output you have posted is exactly what should happen. If you open the swagger generated url in any browser you will get a channels.m3u and that is what all iptv apps like Tivimate want as an input. Of course in those apps you have to enter the swagger generated url, so that those apps can download the m3u themselves.

The VLC player says that it cannot play the channels and should look into the error log.

However, the error log at VLC is empty.

Ich mache es mal kurz auf deutsch 😛
Ich kann die m3u via swagger generieren, jedoch kann ich weder die virtuellen Kanäle noch die LiveTV Kanäle mit dem VLC Player abspielen. Egal was ich einstelle. Ob ich den CatchupContainer ändere oder CatchupType, ich bekomme es nicht zum laufen.

EDIT: Lokal gehts, will ich jedoch von ausserhalb des Netzwerkes mittels
dyn DNS (WAN) die Sender schauen, geht es nicht.

http://192.168.178.6:8096/emby/VirtualTV/10424764/stream.ts?User=VirtualTV&Pass=myuserpass&Device=Streamer&CatchupContainer=hls&MaxBitrate=4000&Timeout=10&Token=12345678 <-- geht

http://dies-ist-ein-Beispiel.eu:8096/emby/VirtualTV/10424764/stream.ts?User=VirtualTV&Pass=myuserpass&Device=Streamer&CatchupContainer=hls&MaxBitrate=4000&Timeout=10&Token=12345678 <-- dies geht nicht obwohl ich auf emby selber über diese URL zugreifen kann.

Edited by Svennie

pünktchen

I can't test this scenario right now, because my free ddns provider has some technichal problems since last weekend. 😪

Wolke123

Hi guys,

I run the VirtualTV plugin V 0.1.1.0 on unraid 6.9.3 in an emby docker V 4.6.6.0

I just installed this plugin and all the Channels and filters i had set up work perfectly fine.

There is only an issue when i try to export channels and program.

When i run the related script i get the following information from the emby log:

2021-11-28 20:59:22.233 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 500 to 127.0.0.1. Time: 3ms. http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?StreamType=Universal&CatchupType=vod&CatchupContainer=original&RealLiveTv=true&User=??????&Pass=??????&Device=Streamer&Timeout=10&Token=12345678
2021-11-28 20:59:22.234 Error TaskManager: Error
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.6.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 5.10.28-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 9.3.0, GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /system
    System.Net.WebException: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
       at VirtualTV.Services.ExportVirtualTVTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
    Source: System.Net.Requests
    TargetSite: System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()

I marked user and password with wuestion marks, the rest is like set up in the configuration for the export.

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance :)

Edited by Wolke123

VicMoore

Hello Punktchen...

Does VirtualTV mark shows as "watched" in Emby when they are played from beginning to end? I may be wrong, but my observation is that it does not. 

Vic

pünktchen
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Punktchen...

Does VirtualTV mark shows as "watched" in Emby when they are played from beginning to end? I may be wrong, but my observation is that it does not. 

Vic

Yes it should, depending on your channel setting "Set ... watched after".

pünktchen

Oh, and if you use a native Emby client with "Playlist playback mode" and the Emby user is not the same user as the VirtualTV channel user, you also have to enable the "Sync user" setting under the playback options.

Wolke123
20 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Do you have any channels (VirtualTV or real Live TV) without a channel image?

Hi,

thanks for the hint. That helped me solve the problem.

The channel logo was one of the things missing. The other thing was the channel number.

Here the minimum list you have to set up to get the channel for live TV and the export working:

Channel settings:

- Emby Api key

- Channel name

- Channel Number

- Channel Logo

- emby user

- library folder from library you want to share

- Release Date equal or newer than (YYYY)

Export settings:

- export folder for channel and guide data

- emby user and password (used for playback and watch status)

- device name (i created a unique name that is not used in my network)

- random token (for remote connections)

Edited by Wolke123

crfloyd0932

I've noticed that most of the time what the my guide in emby says is supposed to be playing is not what is actually served to the players or if it is, (Or its off by at least an hour or more when I restart emby). Most of the time its a totally different program playing. For example, I created a channel called comedy, and has several shows listed as the 'required' shows the guide says 'Seinfeld' is supposed to be playing but when i tune to the channel, 'According to Jim; is playing. 

I assume that every time the guide refreshes the randomizer runs and changes the lineup? maybe the client (Roku in this case) has old guide data?

Edited by crfloyd0932

pünktchen
23 minutes ago, crfloyd0932 said:

... I assume that every time the guide refreshes the randomizer runs and changes the lineup? maybe the client (Roku in this case) has old guide data?

Possibly. Please compare the guide data of web client to the one of the Roku when the wrong show plays. Normally you will not want to do guide refreshes at times when clients are in use but very very early in the morning or something like that.

crfloyd0932

Web client is correct, Roku is not. The guide data is the same on both. I played the channel from the browser and it matched as it was supposed to and the time matches up with the how long the show should have 'started'. Playing on roku on the same channel shows a completely different show. I restarted the roku and signed back into emby as well. So something is happening there. what's even more strange is I have a 2nd roku and its playing the exact same show as the other roku, at the exact same place in the show. i did change the refresh of the guide data to once a day. I exited emby, and all clients connected. then tried again, once again the web client was correct, the roku was not. Not sure if there is much you'd be able to do with this as its technically doing what its designed to do, The roku is just making its own choices it would seem.

pünktchen

I have an idea what the problem could be on the Roku side.
But i would need your Emby server log with plugin debug logging enabled to confirm it. You can pm me the log file if you want.

pünktchen
On 11/25/2021 at 9:02 PM, Svennie said:

Lokal gehts, will ich jedoch von ausserhalb des Netzwerkes mittels dyn DNS (WAN) die Sender schauen, geht es nicht.

http://dies-ist-ein-Beispiel.eu:8096/emby/VirtualTV/10424764/stream.ts?User=VirtualTV&Pass=myuserpass&Device=Streamer&CatchupContainer=hls&MaxBitrate=4000&Timeout=10&Token=12345678 <-- dies geht nicht obwohl ich auf emby selber über diese URL zugreifen kann.

Now after my ddns provider is working again, i've tested streaming in VLC without any problems.
So i've looked at your post again and this time i see the problem: "dies-ist-ein-Beispiel.eu:8096". You are using port 8096 for your public dns entry. To me this suggests you are using a non secured remote connection to your Emby server (no SSL). I don't allow this with my plugin! It's to protect the user from their own simplemindedness. Otherwise the Emby user and password will be send as plain text for non SSL connections!

Kyrunner

need help with channel rules 

I have everything setup and added a tv show with out issues but I want to add just one actor and have all his movies pulled in. 

should I just be able to add the actor name under channel rules and it pulls just his movies in. 

or do I have to add every movie he was in.

could someone show me a excample on how to have one actor configured indef rules with his movies 

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Kyrunner said:

should I just be able to add the actor name under channel rules and it pulls just his movies in.

Yes, putting the actor name into the dedicated field should be enough. Doesn't it work for you?

Kyrunner
14 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, putting the actor name into the dedicated field should be enough. Doesn't it work for you?

It doesn’t work. Here is the set up

E78DD2A5-3E34-42EE-BC3F-6A3971E181E9.jpeg

7A4AA6B8-8E85-4F43-9FC0-EA500402609A.jpeg

E5414EA3-B033-4ACA-BFDD-D5804B5704A8.jpeg