Jump to content

VirtualTV plugin


pünktchen

Recommended Posts

pünktchen
14 minutes ago, Psyborg said:

Just upgraded from 0.9.6 to 0.9.9.

My settings are still the same, but all series channels are no longer populated - even after several EPG runs. Did I miss something?

0.9.9 or 0.9.9.1 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill

Trying to take the next step with this plugin with custom made channel bumbers 😎 ...but I need som help.

Are bumpers not working for playback method playlist?
Can't get it to work with any method though. See the step by step I've have done. What am I missing?

  • Created a new library with type "Home videos & photos" and made sure the bumper video have been imported correctly
  • Under "Users" -> "Access" disabled the library access for my user
  • On the channel config under "Optional folder with bumpers/commercial videos:" added the path to the folder of the library above 
  • Saved following values for the bumpers:
    Minimum videos: 1
    Maximum videos: 1
    Minimum bumpers: 1
    Maximum bumpers: 1

Some guidance making this work is really appreciated! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen

Did you refresh the guide after setting your bumpers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen

Plugin version? Errors in the log at the time of the guide refresh? Does the channel at least play the correct videos beside the missing bumpers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill
8 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Plugin version? Errors in the log at the time of the guide refresh? Does the channel at least play the correct videos beside the missing bumpers?

Thanks for looking into this! 
I can see no errors in the log at all and the plugin version is 0.9.9.0. Please let me know if you want to take a look at the logs yourself.

The channel content plays fine but when starting the channel the player briefly shows a black screen with the correct title of the episode that is in the TV Show guide but after maybe 3 seconds it skips to a completely another one but seems to play normal after that... and no bumper.

If I however remove the bumper path in the config and do a guide refresh the correct episode plays compared to the TV Guide. I've attached screens of my setup.

 

playback-options.jpg

channel-config.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen

Does the correct show play in Continous Playback mode? Do bumpers work in Continous Playback mode? (Bumpers are always at the end of a show) What is the average duration of the shows from this channel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill
5 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Does the correct show play in Continous Playback mode? Do bumpers work in Continous Playback mode? (Bumpers are always at the end of a show) What is the average duration of the shows from this channel?

Yes, it gives me the correct episode compared to the tv guide and the bumper actually seem to work as well!I Could swear it didn't before. The episodes are all aprox 10-20 minutes long.

Is it possible to make it work with playlist method as well as most of my channel are configured like this because of stuttering otherwise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Psyborg
20 hours ago, pünktchen said:

0.9.9 or 0.9.9.1 ?

0.9.9.

I updated some hours before you published 0.9.9.1. Is there any difference in that regard? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen
49 minutes ago, Psyborg said:

0.9.9.

I updated some hours before you published 0.9.9.1. Is there any difference in that regard?

Yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen
5 hours ago, fillidill said:

Is it possible to make it work with playlist method as well

Beside the problem with the false video at playback start, it should already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Psyborg
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

Yes.

In simplicity lies elegance.

So... Thank you! (It worked.)

Edited by Psyborg
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Beside the problem with the false video at playback start, it should already.

Then I am really confused. Ive tried everything I can think of with different settings, videos and channels and it doesn't seem to want to work when in Playlist mode. Is there anything I can do to find the cause or am I just out of luck? 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen

I prepare a test version for you tomorrow that solves the video start issue and ads some extra logging around bumpers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

fillidill
21 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I prepare a test version for you tomorrow that solves the video start issue and ads some extra logging around bumpers.

You are awesome. Thanks a lot! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mookdog

Heres a question. Does Anyone have any bumpers they can help me out with ? I see the pseudotv bumpers but if Anyone has any bumpers that said maybe EmbyTV or VirtualTV that would be great. I would make my own but I stink at video/graphics editing lol

 

Thanks in advance

Mook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crusher11

I keep getting the "no guide data available" issue as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tomnjerry74

Running the latest Android TV app on a Shield Pro with the latest plugin version and any time I play a playlist-mode channel it's just a black screen with a negative counting timecode. It plays properly on my iPhone.

Edit: problem was no web socket headers in reverse proxy config

Edited by tomnjerry74
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mookdog

Quick Question. Is there anyway to export to m3u and xml to run through tivimate ? I have that app and it works but then cuts off and stops working.

 

Mook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen
10 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I keep getting the "no guide data available" issue as well. 

But all info is available under the channels view, correct? I've found out that if you scroll into the future of the guide view, the info of future shows will pop up. Now go back in the timeline and also current shows will pop up. Anyway it's an app problem, not a plugin problem!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen
9 hours ago, tomnjerry74 said:

Running the latest Android TV app on a Shield Pro with the latest plugin version and any time I play a playlist-mode channel it's just a black screen with a negative counting timecode. It plays properly on my iPhone.

If it's working in one app but not the other, there's nothing i can do. Sometimes it helps to delete the device from the device list and restart Emby.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen
7 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Is there anyway to export to m3u and xml to run through tivimate ?

Are you really asking this or what is the problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tomnjerry74
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

If it's working in one app but not the other, there's nothing i can do. Sometimes it helps to delete the device from the device list and restart Emby.

Turns out this had nothing to do with the device itself and everything is working great now.

Edit: Problem was no websocket entries in the reverse proxy.

Edited by tomnjerry74
Link to comment
Share on other sites

pünktchen

Oh then it's a missconfiguration of your reverse proxy obviously. Either in general or only for websockets. I would ask for help in the general forum area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tomnjerry74
3 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Oh then it's a missconfiguration of your reverse proxy obviously. Either in general or only for websockets. I would ask for help in the general forum area.

Yup, you got it exactly. Added websocket upgrades in the header and everything works great. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...