New releases on homescreen

computerprep

chef

I think that would be closer to the objective. Would leap years mess with that? Too early in the morning to think

So this IS a thing after all. You were right.

If we go 365 days ago it won't land on the same day, like if we went one year ago on leap years.

I can either code 365 days or one year?

It sounds like it wouldn't make a difference, but after three or more leap years, it would be almost a week off of what you'd expect.

The plugin would probably be broken by then LOL.

But it's a thing...

• Like 1

Dibbes

It sounds like it wouldn't make a difference, but after three or more leap years, it would be almost a week off of what you'd expect.

The plugin would probably be broken by then LOL.

But it's a thing...

In which way would it be off after 2 or more leap years? It should correct itself the year after. I mean, going back 365 days today would land me on April 12th 2019, however, when I would go back 365 days on the 11th of April 2021, I'd land on today... it corrects itself...

Either way, going back a year, is fine too...

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

Dibbes

lol just like people said about the y2k bug :D

Not really... that was a real issue. It was blown all out of proportion by the media and then taken up by a lot of people who just didn't understand the issue...

Edited by Dibbes

chef

In which way would it be off after 2 or more leap years? It should correct itself the year after. I mean, going back 365 days today would land me on April 12th 2019, however, when I would go back 365 days on the 11th of April 2021, I'd land on today... it corrects itself...

Either way, going back a year, is fine too...

Except on a leap year you'd have to count back 366 days because there was an extra day in February. Counting 365 days back from February 28 the following year would land you on March 1 the year before?

I can put options in for weekly monthly and yearly? Only take a couple more minutes to make sure it all works out.

Dibbes

Except on a leap year you'd have to count back 366 days because there was an extra day in February. Counting 365 days back from February 28 the following year would land you on March 1 the year before?

of course not... following that logic we'd end up being off by a few years, as there have been quite a few leap years since the year 0... You're overthinking it... You can always go back with 365 days.

Don't make things more complicated than they already are...

I can put options in for weekly monthly and yearly? Only take a couple more minutes to make sure it all works out.

Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly, Three-quarterly and Yearly? ;-)

• Like 1

chef

1. The ability for a daily increment of minimum premiere date.

2. If you would like to have one year's worth of media items, set the date to one year ago today, and then set the daily increment toggle to on.

3. You can still increment the monthly option as well, but not both at the same time.

4. Press the 'save and update new releases button' to... uh... save and update new releases (this stops the refresh from happening while you are choosing a date).

5. The scheduled task will run daily, however it will only effect the new release library based on the options set in the config.

The browser cache will have to be cleared to update the javascript in the plugin ui :)

DOWNLOAD: NewReleases.zip

TODO: stop duplicate items showing from the database if possible.

Edited by chef
  • Like 5

Dibbes

Looks like @@Punch was right. Every time I run the TimeLord plugin for movies, my movie count goes back from 215 to 32 and the date is lost within the plugin... this was with the previous version and with the version you just posted last night...

Edited by Dibbes

Punch

Time lord changes the dates so it makes sense if it conflicts with this plugin. With this we would no longer need to use timelord anyway....

Could someone also bring the backdrop poster issue on the Andriod TV app up with the appropriate big man so we an have that sorted as well. Please. 

chef

Time lord changes the dates so it makes sense if it conflicts with this plugin. With this we would no longer need to use timelord anyway....

Could someone also bring the backdrop poster issue on the Andriod TV app up with the appropriate big man so we an have that sorted as well. Please.

Thanks for explaining that. I don't use the timelord plugin and I wasn't sure what was happening.

It makes sense now if the timelord plugin changes the premiere date, then it would alter the list in new releases.

-------

So you'd like to have channels in the Android TV apps have an option to change between either backdrop/thumb or primary images?

@@ebr is that a possibility as a feature request?

Dibbes

Thanks for explaining that. I don't use the timelord plugin and I wasn't sure what was happening.

It makes sense now if the timelord plugin changes the premiere date, then it would alter the list in new releases.

No, it changes the "added to library date" to the "premiere date", it doesn't touch the premiere date if that is already set. But yes, it does change library entry that you're creating in the DB...

So you'd like to have channels in the Android TV apps have an option to change between either backdrop/thumb or primary images?

@@ebr is that a possibility as a feature request?

I think that @@Punch means is what seems to happen now is that the channel library images are stretched in the Android TV app... I have it on my Shield (with every library image for a channel, not a normal library item) and a friend of mine told me it's on her MiBox as well... backdrops seems to work fine once set...

I reported this issue before and was told I should use 16:9 images (I wasn't at the time). I am now and see the same issue. Let me see if I can find the topic

-----------------

EDIT: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82570-library-images-for-plugin-stretched

This was a server thing at the time, that seems fixed now... The ATV issue is still there, but I never reported this specifically for the ATV...

Edited by Dibbes

Punch

No, it changes the "added to library date" to the "premiere date", it doesn't touch the premiere date if that is already set. But yes, it does change library entry that you're creating in the DB...

I think that @@Punch means is what seems to happen now is that the channel library images are stretched in the Android TV app... I have it on my Shield (with every library image for a channel, not a normal library item) and a friend of mine told me it's on her MiBox as well... backdrops seems to work fine once set...

I reported this issue before and was told I should use 16:9 images (I wasn't at the time). I am now and see the same issue. Let me see if I can find the topic

-----------------

EDIT: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82570-library-images-for-plugin-stretched

This was a server thing at the time, that seems fixed now... The ATV issue is still there, but I never reported this specifically for the ATV...

No no the images aren't stetched. As Chef already Identified it is set that way in the backend of the app so he can't change the fact that it has a backdrop thumb preference over the primary image like the move or tv series sections. This needs to be changed by the big boys on the app level. This also bring back into light having uniformity across all platforms.

jaycedk

Question. how often dos this plugin refresh.

I have 2 hours ago added 1 movie that was released 2020.

And it dos not appear in the plugin group.

chef

Question. how often dos this plugin refresh.

I have 2 hours ago added 1 movie that was released 2020.

And it dos not appear in the plugin group.

Hi jaycedk,

Good question, the library will only change after a "refresh internet channels" task is run. So I suppose it would update at the interval of that task, which (as you point out) might not be enough.

Edited by chef

jaycedk

OK thanks for the answer :)

Im not at home right now,so I cant check. But can this be trickred manually ?  

chef

Yes the scheduled task is "Refresh Internet channels" under scheduled task in the dashboard.

chef

@@jaycedk

This version will kick off the Refresh Internet Channels Scheduled Task when a new Item has been added to the Library, and therefore it should appear inside your New Releases Library right away :)

DOWNLOAD: NewReleases.zip

• Like 4

gillmacca01

The latest version now allows me to go into the setting page. Thanks.

In the library that this plugin creates, I am seeing 6 movies (which is correct), but on the secondary home screen section, it is just showing the one movie.

Haven't seen anyone else report this

• Like 1

chef

The latest version now allows me to go into the setting page. Thanks.

In the library that this plugin creates, I am seeing 6 movies (which is correct), but on the secondary home screen section, it is just showing the one movie.

Haven't seen anyone else report this

That's strange. Do you have the option to hide watched content on the home screen selected in Emby?

gillmacca01

Yes i do.

But i believe if i untick it, everything will be displayed on all rows.

Am i right?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

chef

Yes i do.

But i believe if i untick it, everything will be displayed on all rows.

Am i right?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes you are, I think that is what is stopping items from show there. I'm going to look at see if the channel markup has an override for that option, but I think it is set at a core level.

I'll be back :)

Edited by chef

gillmacca01

I have unticked 'hide watched' and I am happy the way the home screen looks, so unless someone is wants this, it doesn't need to be look ay 

• 2 weeks later...