New releases on homescreen

computerprep

Dibbes

Thanks for suggestion, but i wanted to display those picked movies on home screen in section like new releases and not in list, that why i asked the question.

Im heavily missing option that admn can pick / recommend content and show it on home screen in section, like that haloween section that poped up, wonder if devs can use that so that admin can customize that section, that would be nice.

I'm sure @@chef can code this, but not sure if that would be a separate plugin... Or maybe @@saladin can set the option to make a playlist and set this specific as a library... not sure which would be the better option...

Edited by Dibbes

FrostByte

I think that would be closer to the objective.  Would leap years mess with that?  Too early in the morning to think

chef

Thanks for suggestion, but i wanted to display those picked movies on home screen in section like new releases and not in list, that why i asked the question.

Im heavily missing option that admn can pick / recommend content and show it on home screen in section, like that haloween section that poped up, wonder if devs can use that so that admin can customize that section, that would be nice.

It sounds like you would like to have a channel which displays "Top Picks"

This can be arranged.

Only issue I'm having is with channels duplicating library items.

So if the item where to show up in, for example, top picks, new releases and the movie library it would triple the database entries.

But creating a top picks plugin channel is absolutely possible.

You would choose the movie channel items in the configuration, which would just list the entire result of a Movie item query.

Edited by chef

Dibbes

I think that would be closer to the objective.  Would leap years mess with that?  Too early in the morning to think

Why would leap years mess with that? We're not looking for a specific date, we're looking for current date - 365... The OS is in charge of the calendar anyway...

chef

Why would leap years mess with that? We're not looking for a specific date, we're looking for current date - 365... The OS is in charge of the calendar anyway...

I can change the function to calculate 365 days ago. Shouldn't be to hard.

• Like 1

Dibbes

can we have both, maybe an either/or scenario?

(I know, I'm always doing this to you... LoL)

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Great, ya that's what I had asked for originally.  Thought you said you  couldn't do that way 

• Like 1

chef

can we have both, maybe an either/or scenario?

(I know, I'm always doing this to you... LoL)

We sure can :) gives me some stuff to do while the restaurant is sitting empty.

• Like 1

kikinjo

This can be arranged.

So if the item where to show up in, for example, top picks, new releases and the movie library it would triple the database entries.

You would choose the movie channel items in the configuration, which would just list the entire result of a Movie item query.

Great news ! Yes name Top Picks is what a really want, so i can choose and recommend content to users.

FrostByte

Not a big deal, but if simple can the plugin wait a second or two while typing before kicking off a refresh?  Or wait until there are 4 characters in the year box

While type  2 0 1 9 it started a fresh after each number I typed.  Got 4 quick pop ups while typing.  Not that they run forever, or anything.

• Like 1

Punch

This can be arranged.

We would also need to be able to have Tv series in there as well.. Might as well go all the way. BUTTTTT the bossses were supposed to be looking into a "spotlight" feature to do just that.... 

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo

The Top Picks sounds exactly like my ( and others ) request for a 'Featured' section, and I'd be pretty happy to see that! 

• Like 2

Dibbes

One other thing though, and I guess that's a bug: on the Shield 2019, not all movies are shown. The web-client does show everything though...

Scratch that, the webclient only shows 10 rows of 9 items as well... strange... I'm pretty sure first time it loaded it gave everything...

chef

Not a big deal, but if simple can the plugin wait a second or two while typing before kicking off a refresh? Or wait until there are 4 characters in the year box

While type 2 0 1 9 it started a fresh after each number I typed. Got 4 quick pop ups while typing. Not that they run forever, or anything.

Yes! That seems important.

chef

Scratch that, the webclient only shows 10 rows of 9 items as well... strange... I'm pretty sure first time it loaded it gave everything...

So, it is show a proper list or it is showing something that isn't expected?

Dibbes

So, it is show a proper list or it is showing something that isn't expected?

it's presenting the content the way it's expected, I'm just missing a whole bunch... it's showing 90 items of the close to 250 it's supposed to show... 

Just checked the settings and it doesn't have the date stored. That doesn't account for all the missing items though...

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

CBers

Sounds like people want a bit of this plugin, a bit of the BlurN plugin, something from the VirtualTV plugin and probably a few others all rolled into one :)

• Like 2

jaycedk

it's presenting the content the way it's expected, I'm just missing a whole bunch... it's showing 90 items of the close to 250 it's supposed to show... 

Just checked the settings and it doesn't have the date stored. That doesn't account for all the missing items though...

Hmm out of curiosity, have you set any filters ?

Edited by jaycedk
  • Like 1

Dibbes

Sounds like people want a bit of this plugin, a bit of the BlurN plugin, something from the VirtualTV plugin and probably a few others all rolled into one :)

Yes, that sounds about right... can we have that, please? And since the restaurant is empty anyway, before tomorrow shouldn't be an issue... *grin*

• Like 1

Punch

Yes, that sounds about right... can we have that, please? And since the restaurant is empty anyway, before tomorrow shouldn't be an issue... *grin*

You're speaking to one of the Gods here mate, this isnt Chef Demi God lol lol

Punch

Have you used timelord at all ? because I tried to go back 6 months but as soon as I went back to 2019 my entire library showed up. Im not sure if using timelord is a possible reason

Edited by Punch

Dibbes

You're speaking to one of the Gods here mate, this isnt Chef Demi God lol lol

Canadian Gods, eh? lol

Have you used timelord at all ? because I tried to go back 6 months but as soon as I went back to 2019 my entire library showed up. Im not sure if using timelord is a possible reason

Yes, Timelord is installed, but it runs on a schedule and hasn't run today yet... 

Adding the starting date and then restarting the server has resolved it for the moment... It did seem to re-add everything to the database though, as it took a bit of loading... Anyway, I'll report back if it happens again...

Edited by Dibbes

Dibbes

All the good gods are Canadian..  :lol:

Won't ask where you're from then... hahaha

We, from the other side of the big pond, do have sightly different ideas about that though... *grin*

• Like 1