New releases on homescreen

computerprep

Idealbrandon
18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Currently no way around it as each has its own id and same id currently can not be in two libraries.  As for Watched status there are several topics with lengthy discussions but userdata is tracked providerid but all versions are the same to me.

It is in the Catalog.

Thanks for confirming. I just started looking at the Smart Playlist plugin as well, and it appears that the duplication also impacts how items getting placed into those smart playlists. I am still reading through all of the comments there to see if there is a workaround.

And thanks for letting me know about Top Picks! I'll check it out

version 1.0.0.3

I believe that this should stop Top Picks from appearing in the new releases channel...

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Ops!

Sorry this will ignore Top Picks in New Releases... 😬

I make a mistake. But it is fixed.

Edited by chef

Bottles51

@chef there is a library option to allow items in a library to show up in continue watching and latest rows. Do you think if the option was split so you could have shown in latest row but not in continue watching that may solve the problem of the doubled up continue watching of a movie? Perhaps a question for @Luke? This may solve movies played from top pick library but not so much from new release channel. Also Library's seem to be populating properly now from new releases and top pics. Thank you and great work.

Edited by Bottles51

56 minutes ago, Bottles51 said:

@chefUpdate: Top Pics are still showing in new releases.

20221028_095501.jpg

20221028_095438.jpg

Hmm.. it's a tough one to filter.

I'll be right back!

• Like 1

Version 1.0.0.4

Geesh! would you believe that the first attempt at blocking the top picks plugin was correct, but I second guessed the code, and changed it thinking it was wrong.

This will block Top Picks in new releases!

Emby.NewReleases.zip

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

hey @chef 

thank you so so much for releasing top picks, i have only just managed to get back on due to a bad cpu chip but all back up and running now :) and finally able to test top picks properly, i would like to ask if this would be possible to do or something similar, after choosing  your list of top picks, when in the tv i have the horizontal mode selected and find that the images are fairly tiny. do you think it would be possible to have the option to enlarge them, i know emby has this built in now but it doesn't have the option to do it with induvial library's. also instead of having the images go down in a list could it be possible to have the go in a line from left to right and the information pop up under the main image ? 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b615505fc1594d9b33f98e8e4d34339b.jpg

hopefully i am talking sense when writing this  haha 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

hey @chef 

thank you so so much for releasing top picks, i have only just managed to get back on due to a bad cpu chip but all back up and running now :) and finally able to test top picks properly, i would like to ask if this would be possible to do or something similar, after choosing  your list of top picks, when in the tv i have the horizontal mode selected and find that the images are fairly tiny. do you think it would be possible to have the option to enlarge them, i know emby has this built in now but it doesn't have the option to do it with induvial library's. also instead of having the images go down in a list could it be possible to have the go in a line from left to right and the information pop up under the main image ? 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b615505fc1594d9b33f98e8e4d34339b.jpg

hopefully i am talking sense when writing this  haha 

Cool. These are all fantastic ideas! 😃 And yes they make perfect sense! 👍

There are definitely some things we will be limited to how the client displays the items.

Is that image you posted of the WebApp, or is that another client?

As far as layout goes, we might be bound by what the client is doing.

I could, however put an option into the configuration for Top Picks that allows you to choose the size of the thumb images to generate. But, I believe the client is going to choose the size to display no matter what we draw and save.

I hope I have explained things okay.

Edited by chef

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, chef said:

Sure just change to TV Mode.  User icon-App Settings-Display-Display Mode to TV, Home Screen TV Mode Home Screen Horizontal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chef said:

Cool. These are all fantastic ideas! 😃 And yes they make perfect sense! 👍

There are definitely some things we will be limited to how the client displays the items.

As far as layout goes, we might be bound by what the client is doing.

I could, however put an option into the configuration for Top Picks that allows you to choose the size of the thumb images to generate. But, I believe the client is going to choose the size to display no matter what we draw and save.

I hope I have explained things okay.

thanks @chef im glad i made sense of what i was saying haha and yes that is completely understandable, i know u.i systems can be tricky most of the times lol but that you for taking it into consideration :D and it was in the emby theater app and same setting that happy has said above. 

• Like 1

also just to mention as well when selecting movies for numbering, it seems to be getting stuck with loading "loading.... one moment please." with movies unable to load, defo preferred the a - z method use from before, also same for pictures being a primary image i have noticed they not the same size as emby default primary images, 

not picking at your work chef lol just thought i would mention just incase you was unaware :) 

Spaceboy

the new releases row is still including top picks for me. the plugin version shows 1.0.0.4 in the dashboard

possible that this has something to do with it?

image.thumb.png.c6d4ed7f5ae51fb0d356e8ec5ff5641d.png

Edited by Spaceboy

Happy2Play

@Spaceboy But what are your Top Picks settings as setting as there is overlap.

image.png.f7837fef55073269c6eb06d9609e3d76.png

But may need to go over specific examples.

Spaceboy
On 28/10/2022 at 16:22, chef said:

Version 1.0.0.4

Geesh! would you believe that the first attempt at blocking the top picks plugin was correct, but I second guessed the code, and changed it thinking it was wrong.

This will block Top Picks in new releases!

Emby.NewReleases.zip 10.82 kB · 17 downloads

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

@Spaceboy But what are your Top Picks settings as setting as there is overlap.

image.png.f7837fef55073269c6eb06d9609e3d76.png

But may need to go over specific examples.

havent got onto sorting out top picks yet, i was relying on this post above where @chef said top picks were blocked from new releases

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

said top picks were blocked from new releases

Can't see how as there will be overlap per User Engagement.

image.png.c888f04cea076613039fe898afe00810.png

Spaceboy

my top picks settings are the same as per your screenshot. i'll await chef feedback unless you have any ideas?

Bottles51

Is the movie showing in new releases with the top pick art or is it just the same movie showing. I believe what he fixed was new releases scanning from top picks library so you don't get the top picks art in that row.

• Like 1

Spaceboy
19 hours ago, Bottles51 said:

Is the movie showing in new releases with the top pick art or is it just the same movie showing. I believe what he fixed was new releases scanning from top picks library so you don't get the top picks art in that row.

image.thumb.png.3de998120b5962fcdb4edd5435029d95.png

Junglejim
15 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

image.thumb.png.3de998120b5962fcdb4edd5435029d95.png

Strange I thought this was fixed. I use coverart too and mine is looking good..

Screenshot_2022-11-08_21-19-40.thumb.png.c524bb706a95b43b166842bd43e5827f.png

About five of them are in my top picks...😕

Top picks has a problem with coverart at the mo, not to sure what will happen with that. It's not too bad with the web widget but the ATV one is not so good. :)

Better than nothing though... 👍

Junglejim
21 hours ago, ebr said:

Guys - please put the plug-in discussion in the Plug-in section.

Thanks.

Move it to where you want it to be... I can't..!

Edited by Junglejim

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

Move it to where you want it to be... I can't..!

There isn't a plugin thread created for this yet

Spaceboy
2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Strange I thought this was fixed. I use coverart too and mine is looking good..

Screenshot_2022-11-08_21-19-40.thumb.png.c524bb706a95b43b166842bd43e5827f.png

About five of them are in my top picks...😕

Top picks has a problem with coverart at the mo, not to sure what will happen with that. It's not too bad with the web widget but the ATV one is not so good. :)

Better than nothing though... 👍

any particular Top Picks config that you've had to do to achieve that? as none is available in New Releases

Perhaps i should refocus my attention on Top Picks as that is also not working properly, but i thought this one would be easier to do first