New releases on homescreen

computerprep

Happy2Play

I would make the Premieredate/Dateadded values configurable.  Or make them both the same to cover Premieredate as Dateadded.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

Also the problem with Channels is Duplication as they are new database items for existing items.  Search is duplicated also.

image.png.99963212e4da2746e5a302b186a813f6.png

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Also the problem with Channels is Duplication as they are new database items for existing items.  Search is duplicated also.

Ah... There is it. That is what I was waiting for. 

Okay, for this plugin I mapped the same internal Id to the new releases version to try and stop this from happening. 

Apparently, it doesn't stop the second db entry. That sucks. 

It looks as though the watch status copies over though. Which is interesting... Must be the same code that copies watched status between different versions, ie: 2160p and 1080p. 

Wonder how to fix this.

19 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I would make the Premieredate/Dateadded values configurable.  Or make them both the same to cover Premieredate as Dateadded.

I'm gonna need some code snip-its to quickly bang out these config pages. 😂

... hmmm, the duplicate also shows up in "More like this..." as well.

Let's try changing the ID of each item to something unique.

On 9/19/2022 at 5:19 PM, Happy2Play said:

I believe I have fixed this.

unfortunately there is a slight hiccup when installing this new version of "New Releases" 

1. Remove the old version of "New Releases"

2. Restart the Server.

3. Run Refresh Internet Channels with the plugin now uninstalled

4. Run a Library Scan with the plugin now uninstalled

5. Install New Releases

6. Restart the Server to load the new DLL.

7. Run Refresh Internet Channels

8. Run Library Scan

It's the only way to clear the db of the old values attached to what was generated before.

However this version should not duplicate the items.

Notes:

If New Releases doesn't appear on the Home Screen, restart the serve one more time.

If the watched status doesn't match the item found in the library, run library scan again.

Edited by chef

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

@chef I see no difference with process above.

Note Emby.Kids does the same also.

So.. that means that there is a possibility of having three "continue watching" items appear,  if the item shows up in New releases, kids movies, and the library.

That's the pits! 

Maybe I'll ask again.. 😬 @Luke sir, can "Continue watching" and "More like this..." lists ignore channel items? 

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, chef said:

So.. that means that there is a possibility of having three "continue watching" items appear,  if the item shows up in New releases, kids movies, and the library.

That's the pits! 

Maybe I'll ask again.. 😬 @Luke sir, can "Continue watching" and "More like this..." lists ignore channel items? 

Yes just like if one has multiple same items in different library as they are not multi-versioned, so they appear in CW that many times.

Basically each ItemID with same providerids.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Is there a way to use same item ID in Channels?

Not sure why trailer is has 3.

image.png.6f40c42399dcaad68c47f97a6c3a192b.png

27 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Is there a way to use same item ID in Channels?

Not sure why trailer is has 3.

image.png.6f40c42399dcaad68c47f97a6c3a192b.png

That is what the first version did. It used the same ID, but for some reason it created a second entry in the db anyway.

I even tried to give the channel item a name like: "Prey [ New Release]".

But that didn't work either. 

Maybe I could try "Prey-NewRelease" and see if that changes anything with the dash in the name. 🤷

Edited by chef

1 hour ago, chef said:

That's the pits! 

They shouldn't be ignored from more like this. Check your server (advanced) option about ignoring external content in suggestions. I'll have to check on continue watching.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Not sure what controls sort order in TV horizontal view but appears to be Title instead of Release Date.

image.png.982081014a3d29fe347bf4176d29eb7d.png

Release date

image.png.2f78267b576cbbb2894e973c99dec1a6.png

12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure what controls sort order in TV horizontal view but appears to be Title instead of Release Date.

image.png.982081014a3d29fe347bf4176d29eb7d.png

Release date

image.png.2f78267b576cbbb2894e973c99dec1a6.png

Actually, I'm a bit concerned that it is actually DateCreated,  and that by adding them to the channel a certain way,  makes them appear on the home screen in that order. 😬

That first image is from the home screen?

Happy2Play
Just now, chef said:

Actually, I'm a bit concerned that it is actually DateCreated,  and that by adding them to the channel a certain way,  makes them appear on the home screen in that order. 😬

That first image is from the home screen?

Yes as that is TV Horizontal view instead of our Vertical view as @ONYX MEDIAshowed on previous page.  

But DateAdded is a different order also.  Only vertical view give options to sort so can only guess it is coded for Horizontal view.

image.png.3e45c5624e3f9a1acde9c953ab20ad9e.png

Title

image.png.80795c160f25a4943777fab41deeab39.png

• Like 1

Just now, Happy2Play said:

Yes as that is TV Horizontal view instead of our Vertical view as @ONYX MEDIAshowed on previous page.  

But DateAdded is a different order also.  Only vertical view give options to sort so can only guess it is coded for Horizontal view.

image.png.3e45c5624e3f9a1acde9c953ab20ad9e.png

Title

image.png.80795c160f25a4943777fab41deeab39.png

which client is that, when you refer to TV Horizontal view? WebApp?

Happy2Play
Just now, chef said:

which client is that, when you refer to TV Horizontal view? WebApp?

Web client go to Display change display mode to TV, then Home Screen and change TV mode Home Screen to Horizontal.  My have to refresh or naviage pages to force display change.

Junglejim

Nice work mate, working great here. One thing I have noticed is if I enter the movie details from the New releases I get a version drop down option (name of movie/undefined)..

Screenshot_2022-09-20_19-44-50.thumb.png.3d0b167570a036497b21cfebb2065543.png

Maybe that has something to do with the conversation in the previous posts? But hey it works! Really looking forward to the Top Picks, Paypal is ready to go.. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

Nice work mate, working great here. One thing I have noticed is if I enter the movie details from the New releases I get a version drop down option (name of movie/undefined)..

Screenshot_2022-09-20_19-44-50.thumb.png.3d0b167570a036497b21cfebb2065543.png

Maybe that has something to do with the conversation in the previous posts? But hey it works! Really looking forward to the Top Picks, Paypal is ready to go.. :)

Yes I also see undefined.

Does Prey have two media streams? 

ie. 1080p and 2160p version in your library?

Edit: actually having multiple media sources isnt the issue. But, this does bring up two questions.

What is causing undefined?... And why are media items with two media sources (ie. 1080p and 2160p) not showing both?

Edited by chef

There are somethings I don't quite get.

There is the MediaStream, and there is the MediaSource.

In channels the property is MediaSource (which I gather is exactly what it sounds like... The source of the media stream).

There is an extension method used to convert MediaStreams to MediaSources.

But, I can't quite figure out how to add multiple media streams (ie. 1080p and 2160p) to the MediaSources property... And I have tried.

For example when you have a 1080p version of a movie in your library, and then you add a 2160p version, emby assigns each version an id and its own entry in the library.db.

While iterating the library query result, and creating channel items each of those entries (versions) of the movie will appear in the query.

When Prey 1080p appears during the iteration, we add it to the channel, and point it's MediaSource to the 1080p file.

When Prey 2160p appears  during the iteration, we add a new MediaSource entry to the existing channel item for Prey.

That logic seems like it should work...

Prey should then have two MediaSources, 1080p, and 2160p.

It does not. 🤷

What is also strange is that the channel item will create an "undefined" MediaSource. 

At first I thought that this could be a null source being added when creating the channel.

Some sort of index out of range (zero index count) happening when adding sources to the channel. I don't think this is what is happening. 

I'm not sure what the undefined source is, or where it is coming from...

Edited by chef

Junglejim
10 hours ago, chef said:

Yes I also see undefined.

Does Prey have two media streams? 

ie. 1080p and 2160p version in your library?

Edit: actually having multiple media sources isnt the issue. But, this does bring up two questions.

What is causing undefined?... And why are media items with two media sources (ie. 1080p and 2160p) not showing both?

Hi mate, no I only have one version of Prey (1080). Not sure why it shows 2 from New releases, if I go to details from the main movie lib or latest movies I don't get 2 versions.

Like so..

Screenshot_2022-09-21_07-32-45.thumb.png.ffac51963ed67b4930a19dea03167229.png

Wierd... Now I'm even more confused.

😶

On the kids movie channel, which has pretty close to the exact same code as this channel. 

There is no "undefined" version.

So... Why, I wonder, is that? 

Happy2Play

True as the only difference really should be Parental rating vs Premiere date.