I am new to Emby, and so far everything seems awesome, with the exception that on Tizen OS the Emby app is not loading subtitles at all.
Tizen OS version: 1240 (Tizen says this is the newest version even after a manual check)
NAS: Synology (DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 3)
Emby server version: 220.127.116.11
Emby client for TizenOS versions tested:
- from SmartHub:
released on: July 18 2019 (according to the store)
- from Github:
Commit: 160756d43ddb7bfebf32a728bffde83766278000 (latest one at the time of writing)
- container: MP4
- video codec: x264
- audio codec: aac
- subtitles: external (.srt) & the same subtitles embedded as MOV_TEXT
To be able to play the movie on the Emby TizenOS client app with subtitles, just as I am able to play it from the Android, IOS and Web clients.
The subtitles are selected, but no subtitles are shown during playback.
What I tried:
- Sideloading the latest version of the client app
- Completely disabling the transcoding permissions for the user signed in the TizenOS client app.
- Enabling the transcoding and transcoding the media to a lower quality
- Checking the "embyserver.txt" log for errors - did not find anything out of the ordinary.
P.S. I can PM the embyserver.txt log.
Edited by slavd, 09 September 2019 - 04:10 AM.