1 reply to this topic

#1 slickspidey OFFLINE  

slickspidey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 07:01 AM

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Emby, just got it today, and I'm wondering if there's a way to add a movie's year and resolution in the title? Just because I have multiple movie files that I watch on my TV through the DLNA media server, and I sometimes have multiple copies of the same movie because I sometimes get the 4k, 3D, and a normal 1080p copy. So ideally I'd like to display "Doctor Strange (2016) [4k]" "Doctor Strange (2016) [3D] "Doctor Strange (2016) [1080p]" as the title that way I can see clearly which file I want to play instead of having to play them all and guess which one is which. Then also the year of the movie would be beneficial for me when I have my collections to see at a glance how old or new movies are. Is there a way to do this with Emby? I don't want to change the original movie name because they're torrents and I'm seeding them and the torrent client would detect it as missing files and stop seeding once it does. I like it the way Emby currently has it where I see the cleaned up name on my TV through my DLNA media server and at the same time it doesn't interfere with the original movie name on my PC so I can keep seeding without interruption. I figure Emby already extracted the metadata for the movie year and resolution because they display it, so there must be a way to display movie year and resolution in the movie title when I view it on my TV. Help with this would be amazing!

Attached Files

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts
  • Local time: 10:01 AM

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:53 PM

Hi, we don't currently have any options for this, although it's possible for the future. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metadata, dlna server, title, resolution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users