Download & Sync

ThePaladinTech

ThePaladinTech

Just me with some more (dumb) ?s

I've been moving more and more to using Emby for recording my TV. in the past there was the option to convert to MKV ... That was removed, but the ability to convert the recordings to a MP4 was added. I just discovered this a couple days ago (and can't for the life of me find LUKEs post (post? blog? wiki?) on it.  In any event I have some questions ...

I am currently converting 49 recordings. When I go to server dashboard ... downloads & Sync and click on the 'recordings' item .. this is where I get confused.  Scrolling down I see the 49 items.  These items can have the following status: Queued, Converting, Downloaded, and I think one like "ready for transfer".  

Each item has a grey or green line under it.  What is the significance of this? Converting it makes sense as the bar goes across while it's converting. but I also have Queued Grey line, Queued Green line, Downloaded Grey line, and Downloaded Green line.

Finally what does the circled minus do? 

Thanks in advance

Edited by ThePaladinTech

Hi, the problem is that this is all shared code with the download & sync feature, so as a result, all of the headings and labels are geared towards that. We still need to decide how to proceed here, whether or not to put conversions in it's own section, or make the display even more generic to accommodate both.

But in the meantime I will just answer your question - ready to transfer means that the conversion is done in the temp directory and the output needs to be transferred to the destination folder.

ThePaladinTech

Thanks Luke - 

So for my use case the grey and green lines make no difference and the minus button has no function? thats fine with me.

maybe a legend and a disclaimer? "this stuff means X, but it doesn't apply for livetv conversions?"

Quite pleased with how Emby is evolving! Where / How would I go about requesting a feature?

Thanks for the feedback! You can open new topics in the feature request forum:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/98-feature-requests/

So for my use case the grey and green lines make no difference and the minus button has no function?

No these apply, the green progress bar is the completion percentage of whatever operation is currently taking place (converting, transferring, etc). Gray is just the progress bar background color which likely means it is at or near zero.

ThePaladinTech

I think I've got something set wrong-

on my recording folder I have:

Convert to: original media folder, next to original files

Profile: TV

Quality: Original

Automatically convert new content.

While it is automatically converting shows Emby is now showing 2 of everything, I thought it would show all versions of the same show as one and automatically pick the best version for a given client.

ThePaladinTech

Luke unless I am missing something I am doing it on a folder ... 

Folders ... Recordings ... right click convert

I also tried it on just one shows folder 'Chopped" right click convert

Same results - conversion but 2 icons for the same show.