Convert Media

Scott310
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Scott310

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there ever was an option (if so I can't find it) to convert an entire library or to automatically convert new items added to the library?  I thought there was in the past but I don't see it anywhere.

I am mainly looking for the software to seek out MKV's and convert them to MP4. I have better luck on Xbox with MP4 and AAC or AC3 audio than I do with MKV and DTS.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi.  Where have you looked...?

5be08fc4988f8_convertoption.png

5be08fcf3a87d_convertdialog.png

When you do this emby server ends up with two of the same movie showing up, how do you only display one version of the movie but let the emby client play the most compatible version?

• Like 1

ThePaladinTech

When you do this emby server ends up with two of the same movie showing up, how do you only display one version of the movie but let the emby client play the most compatible version?

I've followed ebr's direction and also wind up with two of the same recording showing.

@@ian78

@@ThePaladinTech

The answer is that in order to be automatically grouped by the library scan, the files need to follow our multi-version naming guidelines:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming#multi-version-movies

The new file will follow these guidelines, but it's possible you may end up having to adjust the original file, depending on how it was previously named. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

ThePaladinTech

Luke, in my case the files in question are livetv (emby built in dvr) recordings... So I'm not even naming them.

Hoping 4.0 might fix this.