Nvidia Shield TV- Playback will pause constantly

BeRealBud

Pog22

Solves 99% of issues for me. Back to performance had with 7.1.0 firmware.

Suggest anyone using a shield to give it a try. New link makes it easy to apply.

https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=ba7320153df027d1e7ff8991eb3a8173

I've had 7.2.3 available since yesterday, been holding off on installing it until someone like you reported that it was ok. Thanks

I've had 7.2.3 available since yesterday, been holding off on installing it until someone like you reported that it was ok. Thanks

I have image 7.2.3(30.6.131.71) still have problem in emby.

The problem exists in that Nvidia firmware.

They have not released an update for it publicly yet as far as I'm aware.

Pog22

The problem exists in that Nvidia firmware.

They have not released an update for it publicly yet as far as I'm aware.

No I am on the test image program. There is no public update.

I've installed it, I'm still fixed and working fine

Edited by Pog22

No I am on the test image program. There is no public update.

I've installed it, I'm still fixed and working fine

You referenced 7.2.3 above which is the current public release.

Pog22

You referenced 7.2.3 above which is the current public release.

Yes it was labelled as this on the Shield, Same version number as the public release. When you clicked into it said experimental something or other

post-155223-0-12801100-1558379060_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pog22

onyx42083

Hey guys, so I’m on 7.2.3 currently. And have applied for the beta hotfix. Will this fix the Emby issues? Or is it 7.2.3 in general? Cheers

Pog22

Hey guys, so I’m on 7.2.3 currently. And have applied for the beta hotfix. Will this fix the Emby issues? Or is it 7.2.3 in general? Cheers

Yes it should fix the pausing and freezing direct play issue introduced in 7.2, it did for lots of us anyway.

effinG

Mine is working great since joining the test programme. Only had 1 small pause on my test video (loads of fast moving action and 55Mb/s direct play) which is pushing my 70Mb broadband speed (with other devices streaming at same time). Fixed as far as I'm concerned! Shield no longer for sale!

Sammy

I could have sworn I was in the nVidia beta program but I don't have this hot fix.

Was it something additional that you signed up for?

onyx42083

Yes it should fix the pausing and freezing direct play issue introduced in 7.2, it did for lots of us anyway.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. How long before I see an update after submitting my serial #? Also I’m using Emby exclusively with BaconFeet. Is that the pausing issue people are having, or is it own server based?

fuzzynet

I have generated a fix for the freezing issues. Anyone that’s interested let me know.

What is the fix? Everything freezes for me in Emby.

onyx42083

What is the fix? Everything freezes for me in Emby.

Which platform, box, service are you using?

fuzzynet

Which platform, box, service are you using?

Hetzner, Google Drive, Cloudflare & Cloudbox(Rclone_VFS/MergerFS)

mikeB2210

Yes it was labelled as this on the Shield, Same version number as the public release. When you clicked into it said experimental something or other

Thanks for your advice. I also installed this patched firmware and it seems the Problem with emby are gone.

fizzyade

When you go to install this update does it say anything other than "SHIELD Experience Upgrade 7.2.3", how do I know whether I'm installing the broken version or the experimental fixed version?

I've only just registered our 3 shields so I have to wait for their backend to catch up, but just want to know if it specifically showed as the experimental version when you went to upgrade.

Thanks

Pog22

The full version number is in an image I posted above. You will only be offered this update if you are on the test image program

mikeB2210

When you go to install this update does it say anything other than "SHIELD Experience Upgrade 7.2.3", how do I know whether I'm installing the broken version or the experimental fixed version?

I've only just registered our 3 shields so I have to wait for their backend to catch up, but just want to know if it specifically showed as the experimental version when you went to upgrade.

Thanks

When the update is finished there is a information, that this firmware is only for experimental using and it is not allowed to share.

Edited by mikeB2210

fizzyade

When the update is finished there is a information, that this firmware is only for experimental using and it is not allowed to share.

So there's no way of knowing if you've had your serial number enabled yet?  It just says 7.2.3 and it might install either the public release or the test image labelled at 7.2.3 depending on whether they've enabled the test image for me yet.

Is that the gist of it?

fizzyade

The image hit my boxes a few hours ago, for those that are interested the update is labelled differently, something “Shield verification image”.

So far so good, it’s behaving.

fizzyade

So updated to the engineering image and all 3 shields in the house, all have flawless playback once again.

jesand83

The website to sign up for the preview program says it's not taking new applicants and neither of my boxes have gotten the latest update. Any ideas on how I can get ahold of it? The stuttering is driving my wife crazy, which means life is not great for me right now!

The website to sign up for the preview program says it's not taking new applicants and neither of my boxes have gotten the latest update. Any ideas on how I can get ahold of it? The stuttering is driving my wife crazy, which means life is not great for me right now!

Not sure there is a way but, hopefully, that means they are close to a general release.