New Statistics plugin

reggi

reggi

Hey @@CarlosLima

Thanks for the short tutorial! I hope to get the plugin in the catalog so the setup will be much easier!

But indeed like @@Happy2Play said, step 5 need to be changed.

As for the problems you are having, can you post or PM me you server log? So I can see what's going on.

• Like 1

CarlosLima
5. Open Emby Server, select the Manage Server tab and click on the Restore button.

What is this?  Step 5 should be go to scheduled tasks and run "Calculate statistics for all users" task.

Hi, of course, it's obvious that I had done something wrong, that is, I skipped a step.
Many thanks for the alert and I have already corrected it above.

CarlosLima

Hey @@CarlosLima

Thanks for the short tutorial! I hope to get the plugin in the catalog so the setup will be much easier!

But indeed like @@Happy2Play said, step 5 need to be changed.

As for the problems you are having, can you post or PM me you server log? So I can see what's going on.

Hi, actually the problem does not exist, I just failed to skip the step of item 5. Fix it in the tutorial, I executed the step and the result, in the image.

58ed588b23526_Capturar.png

reggi

oke cool!

Looks like the plugin is working for you. If you have any ideas or find bugs let me know!

• Like 1

CarlosLima

oke cool!

Looks like the plugin is working for you. If you have any ideas or find bugs let me know!

It's working, yes. From now on I will monitor what the users are watching and I intend to report any bugs and suggestions.
Have not you even thought about having an image for Statistics ID?
58ed5ae6eaef6_Capturar.png

Happy2Play

It's working, yes. From now on I will monitor what the users are watching and I intend to report any bugs and suggestions.
Have not you even thought about having an image for Statistics ID?
58ed5ae6eaef6_Capturar.png

Plugins won't have images until they are put in the plugin catalog/Final Release.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

kingy444

I found one issue with Dragonball Z Abridged - It must be missing an attribute on the metadata but apparently it aired 2000 years ago. Perhaps want to ignore items like this

Would also need to look at alternative formatting methods = currently does not list well on mobile. I'm happy to help out if required/wanted.

58edea6e006ba_Capture.jpg

• Like 1

reggi

@@kingy444

That's a very old movie you got there! ;)

Probably the movie has the DateTime.Min value in the database. I'll have to filter them out of the results! Thanks for the bug report.

As for the mobile styling. I made some media queries that will make all stats stack in 1 column when using small devices. Also, I made the font a bit smaller (I'm using a 4K screen at home so didn't see how big the font was on a 1080p monitor )

When my server is running again and I have tested the update I will post another update!

kingy444

Could i perhaps suggest either a table style or bootstrap grid like approach for the Media Qualities and active users sections. I have dummied something up below

I personally prefer the last option

58ee1ad18ce11_Capture1.png

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

like the last option - but with the numbers right aligned - sets of my ocd :)

Diedrich

I like the third layout as well. Breaking up the text makes it easier to read and quick to compare values. Maddie needs to get a'watchin' something!

reggi

Good idea indeed!

I like the third option as well, I'll see what I can do 

Diedrich

Second opinion test:

I'd like to have someone test the Emby download function, please. I will perform the test too but I need a second opinion sanity check.

I believe Regi wrote in some code that registers a downloaded episode as being "Watched". I need to see if this is in fact working.

1. Run the statistics scheduled task

2. Go to a an episode and download it (not sync, download) through the web UI.

3. Go to a movie and do the same

4. Rerun the scheduled task

5. View that user's series statistics and see if the series' watched count changed

6. Go to the user's statistics screen and check the list of recently watched movies, did the movie get counted as watched?

Edited by Diedrich
  • Like 1

reggi

Hey guys

So my new M1015 arrived today and I started copying all files to the new server It will take 2 days :(

I already started working on the new table layout in the stats but can't test it very good atm. So when my server is up I will post a new update asap as well!

Sorry for taking so long!

@@Diedrich

When I can start testing again I will test your workflow steps as well and see what is happening.

OFF TOPIC

Just a nice image of my server, have to put it in a case when copying is done. M1015 card on the right is the new one :D

(sorry, maybe I'm a bit too happy)

58f0f268e8c38_WP_20170414_17_43_02_Pro.j

Edited by reggi
  • Like 1

Diedrich

Second opinion test:

I'd like to have someone test the Emby download function, please. I will perform the test too but I need a second opinion sanity check.

I believe Regi wrote in some code that registers a downloaded episode as being "Watched". I need to see if this is in fact working.

1. Run the statistics scheduled task

2. Go to a an episode and download it (not sync, download) through the web UI.

3. Go to a movie and do the same

4. Rerun the scheduled task

5. View that user's series statistics and see if the series' watched count changed

6. Go to the user's statistics screen and check the list of recently watched movies, did the movie get counted as watched?

Tested, and here is the result for Movies or TV episodes:

marked = watched

downloaded ≠ watched

• 2 weeks later...
nagetech

Howdy!

Just dropping a line to see if there are any updates :) I'm looking forward to seeing this offered in the plugins store ;)

• Like 2

reggi

Hey guys,

Sorry, I was ill again but getting better and ready to get behind my computer again!

At the moment I'm fixing the "Media quality" and "Most active users" stat styling. I think I will post a new update on monday.

Sorry for the delay! 

• Like 3

nagetech

No worries :) I'm just personally very excited about adding this PlugIn to my server :)

Get better first amigo :)

• Like 1

Diedrich

No worries :) I'm just personally very excited about adding this PlugIn to my server :)

Get better first amigo :)

Use it now. It's stable, accurate and fast. Just unzip it, copy it to your Emby plugins folder and restart Emby.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/35266-New-Statistics-plugin&do=findComment&comment=437458

Edited by Diedrich
  • Like 1

legallink

@@reggi, any thoughts of broadening the scope on this?

My thoughts would be around movie details (favorite directors, writers, actors, etc)

Also would be interesting to see the stats on the server wide basis as opposed to just per user. Be able to see all the most watched films, how often, etc.

Love it though!

• Like 1

reggi

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long silence period but I'm back on my feet now and got a smaller update ready.

Changelog

Mobile styling, the stats will now go full width when the screen get's to small. Mobile users, let me know what you think! :D

- Changed the bigger stats layout (added a table, better readable)

- fixed the 2000-year-old premiered movie

- fixed some other smaller bugs

I couldn't implement theTVDB caching system. I'll have to look into that a bit longer!

@@legallink

Thanks for the feedback. 

I do think the need of some sort or of sorting or pages is needed for all the different statistics and then I will add statistics for favorite directors, writers, actors, etc.

As for the server-wide based it's the same problem. I don't know yet where I can place them to make the UI still readable. If you have any ideas for the UI styling let me know!

@CBers

Don't know if you downloaded the 0.0.11.8 version already, there are some bugs in it so I fixed them in a new version you can find in this post

Mobile view:

590b4e9d67335_Screenshot_1.png

Have fun testing and suggestions are still more then welcome!

Statistics 0.0.11.9.zip

Edited by reggi
  • Like 2