New Statistics plugin

reggi

e123enitan

Go to Plugins and click on the Statistics plugin.

I did, several times nothing shows up, I am kind of thinking if this is compatible with Version 3.2.15.0

Diedrich

I did, several times nothing shows up, I am kind of thinking if this is compatible with Version 3.2.15.0

0.0.12.0 is working fine in 3.2.15.0 as well.

tl;dr: unblock the zip file

Do this (assuming you are on Windows): Stop Emby. After downloading the zip file, right click it and go to Properties. At the bottom of the window click Unblock, then Apply. Now, copy the dll to the Plugins folder and start Emby. Run the scheduled task. Go to Plugins and click the Statistics plugin.

Edited by Diedrich
  • Like 2

motleyc

Would it be possible to make this plugin usable for viewing statistics without being directly logged into the server? If I click on the plugin when I remote into my server it says I need to be logged on locally to configure it.

CBers

@@reggi - a question/suggestion about missing seasons.

Whenever I watch a complete season of a show, I tend to delete it and this skews the figures in your plugin.

Take BLINDSPOT for example:

59131d4db8c48_Screenshot20170510at150022

I have collected 20 out of 20 for season 2, but I deleted season 1 after watching them all, so it skews the collection figure.

Can a season be ignored if the season folder doesn't exist, which would then reduce the 20/43 to 20/20, meaning 100% collection rate.

Not the end of the world if you can't, or if others still want that in there, unless you could add a "Ignore missing season" option ??

Thanks.

• Like 1

reggi

Hey guys, got some pretty good news. Plugin is in the catalog since a few minutes :D :D

Took me a long time but it's there with version 1.0.0.0.

Big thanks to @@CBers, @@Happy2Play, @@Diedrich, @@PenkethBoy, @@MSattler and others for testing my updates on a daily basis!

To @@Luke for admin and development support!

And again to @@Diedrich for the artwork!

There is still a lot to be done for the plugin, I know what do to for the next few weeks :D

5913284496e3d_Screenshot_1.png

@@CBers

I understand your question, but at the moment the total is calculated with data from theTVDB API. 

I will add this to the backlog, maybe an "options page" would come in handy here so users can change the calculating behavior like they prefer.

Edited by reggi
  • Like 9

Jdiesel

Excellent news. There should be an significant increase in users now. Now you just need to get us a link for donations.

reggi

If you like to buy me a beer, I've added a PayPal link on the install page for the plugin :D

• Like 1

Jdiesel

It might be taking a little while to populate the catalog as I am not seeing it yet.

reggi

Try restarting your server. That refreshed the plugin list on my servers.

Jdiesel

All good now. I had something weird going on and I was stuck on an old beta version (3.2.13) of the server. Got that all sorted out and the Plugin was in the catalog. Thanks again.

• Like 1

jscoys

@@reggi : Little question. As you can see on this picture above, we don't have the movie title for the "largest movie" and "longest movie runtime". It's very interesting to have it. Could you add this information pls?

59136b4c23542_EmbyStatisticCapture.png

Happy2Play

@@reggi : Little question. As you can see on this picture above, we don't have the movie title for the "largest movie" and "longest movie runtime". It's very interesting to have it. Could you add this information pls?

Are you sure you are on the newest version?  And a little more information about your setup if you are on v1.0.0.0.

I have titles in every box.

59137e3e2e738_titles.jpg

Happy2Play

@@jscoys

What device are you having this issue on?  Mobile or Desktop?  What browser?

PenkethBoy

I have the same on beta and version 1.0 in chrome desktop

591439f05683f_Capture.jpg

Also for TV shows

59143a110c102_Capture2.jpg

reggi

Mmmmm, strange behavior :) 

I'll will have a look when I get home. Not a clue why this is happening!

@@PenkethBoy

Can you PM me your xml plugin config file?

jscoys

@@jscoys

What device are you having this issue on?  Mobile or Desktop?  What browser?

To Answer your question Happy, I have the same behaviour on PC with Chrome and Iphone with Safari.

MSattler

@@reggi,

One thing I would still like to see is a break down of the amount of overall movies and shows that have been watched.  Instead of counting a movie just once per user, in this case I'm looking more for overall playtime it has provided.  So multiple watches would count as well.  Basically I'd like to be able to say that my Emby Server has served "1506 Hours of movies and  1573 hours of TV Shows".   And maybe the top three movies and shows?   Something like that?

Everything else rocks! 

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

@@reggi

<ValueGroup>
      <Title>Largest Movie</Title>
      <ValueLineOne>9.6 Gb</ValueLineOne>
      <ValueLineTwo />
      <Size>half</Size>
    </ValueGroup>
    <ValueGroup>
      <Title>Longest Movie Runtime</Title>
      <ValueLineOne>02:49:05</ValueLineOne>
      <ValueLineTwo />
      <Size>half</Size>
    </ValueGroup>

and 

<ValueGroup>
          <Title>Total Time Watched</Title>
          <ValueLineOne>27 days, 19 hours and 12 minutes</ValueLineOne>
          <ValueLineTwo />
          <Size>half</Size>
        </ValueGroup>
        <ValueGroup>
          <Title>Total Watchable Time</Title>
          <ValueLineOne>29 days, 23 hours and 53 minutes</ValueLineOne>
          <ValueLineTwo />
          <Size>half</Size>
        </ValueGroup>

• Like 1

reggi

@@MSattler

That would be a very nice stat indeed. The only problem is that Emby is not keeping a history of played media in his DB. So I just don't have that data at the moment.

@@PenkethBoy

Thanks, looks like it's a data bug. Can you maybe find out what that largest movie is on your server? I will send you a plugin version with some more debugging info tomorrow.

MSattler

@@MSattler

That would be a very nice stat indeed. The only problem is that Emby is not keeping a history of played media in his DB. So I just don't have that data at the moment.

@@PenkethBoy

Thanks, looks like it's a data bug. Can you maybe find out what that largest movie is on your server? I will send you a plugin version with some more debugging info tomorrow.

Reggi,

The DB only keeps tracks of starts and stops right, which is what you count now?   Except you count a movie just once?  Or maybe I'm remember wrong what you go after =)

jscoys

I tried deleting the xml file in configuration folder, relaunch statistic compulsion in scheduled tasks but I have the same result...

Here is my dll version of statistic :

5914ab97d1e29_EmbyStatisticCapture2.png

Edited by jscoys

reggi

@@MSattler

Yes, the DB saves the start and stops BUT I can't know when there is a "stop" the movie really finished or not. The only thing that is saved is the "LastPlayedDate" en "IsPlayed" for every user. So when you play a movie a second time the "LastPlayedDate" will be updated but I have no idea if it has been played before anymore.

@@jscoys

Thanks for the extra info. I think this has something to do with the Emby DB but I'm trying to figure it out how. At my two servers I don't have that problem.

Btw, can you try running a full library scan before running the statistics task? There is a very small chance that will fix it!

• Like 1