New Statistics plugin

reggi

rdmiller13

Worked like a champ...kinda..now I have all kinds of holes to fill in ;)  Problem with having too many shows...too many to track :P

But it's working perfect - other issue was I just renamed the old dll so it was showing both versions...now it's clean and reporting great!

Thanks!

Resuming OCD...

Dibbes

It seems I ran into a slight discrepancy. The plugin reports only 5 episode available, Emby itself reports 98:

5e5ef2a127ef1_Untitled4.png

hackthis02

It seems I ran into a slight discrepancy. The plugin reports only 5 episode available, Emby itself reports 98:

5e5ef2a127ef1_Untitled4.png

Did you try deleting the statistics.xml in your configuration folder and re-running the task?

Dibbes

Did you try deleting the statistics.xml in your configuration folder and re-running the task?

I just did so and no change... same results

hackthis02

I just did so and no change... same results

Is it only for that show or others?

Dibbes

@@hackthis02 I don't yet know... I have over 500 shows in the library, I haven't checked the ones that are shown as incomplete. I'll do so tomorrow

rdmiller13

So relooking back - the first day, it was great, showed me alot that I was missing (shows restarted over the last month I missed) but now it's not again, kind of.  It runs with no errors, displays no errors, shows what I know I am missing from old shows, but running ones aren't updating ie Better Call Saul, Deputy, and others.  One other odd item, I backup all 40tb to another set of drives...was verifying my backups since I have been converting them all to 265 and I came across an anomaly...Game of Thrones - showed complete in the Statistics, but I didn't have S5E2 in my media library - I do know but before and after I was at 100% whether it was 72 or 73 episodes...

I've deleted the xml, stopped restarted etc...gonna dive into it again later - somethings off a bit though, but since nothing errors out, hard to figure that part out...

On the flip side, my Alf reports correctly unlike Dibbes

5e63df03a13c5_alf.jpg

rdmiller13

Still trying to narrow it down...since the fix, it's been doing what it has, today, now after I keep playing with it, Station 19 now shows 7 missing episodes (all of S03), where as it was 100% up till now all week...it's something just not processing but not reporting that its hanging up on something...still poking around trying to figure out what it could be...but it's just my eyeball and blind luck doing random stuff :(

rdmiller13

Still can't figure out the pattern...so I uploaded the rest of the episodes of Doug (been off aire for years) - it updated and now shows 166 of 166, 100%, but anything new that aired yesterday is still showing 100% - so it updates some, not others, but nothing triggers an error that I can see...but it seems to be running shows maybe?  At least in my situation...

hackthis02

This issue stems from requests to TVDB. Where I get updated a show episode count and percentages. I haven't been able to debug it since I build the add-on with my Win10 machine, but my Emby server is on a ODROID. So I just wrapped the whole thing in a Try/Catch so it won't crash. Now that I'm working from home because of the pandemic, I might install a local copy of emby and sort it out this week/weekend.

• Like 2

rdmiller13

Great - yeah it got weirder - all shows began reporting 100% since then lol...one is Alvin and the Chipmunks and I only have 20 and while I love the green, I know I am missing tons ;)

rdmiller13

No change - odd thing though it still shows  .14 - should that have bumped up one?  Copied it over, restarted the server and ran it.  Shows all at 100%.

hackthis02

I didn't bump the version number. As long as it's higher then whats in the store it won't try to overwrite it.

hackthis02

No change - odd thing though it still shows  .14 - should that have bumped up one?  Copied it over, restarted the server and ran it.  Shows all at 100%.

Delete the statistics.xml return the task then give me your emby.log file.

rdmiller13

Done and sent (hopefully it's what ya needed) - just grabbed what recorded in that log after I deleted the file and ran the task.

• 2 weeks later...
nick naim

@@hackthis02 I tried your latest version and for me all the TV shows are now reporting correctly. I had to make sure that there was only on statistics.dll in the plugins folder, since the one that was in there was spelled with a capital 'S' and the new one with a lower case 's'. I deleted the statistics.xml and ran the task. So your fix is working for me.

I really like the plugin, so I appreciate you taking this on!

• Like 2

SikSlayer

@@hackthis02 I tried your latest version and for me all the TV shows are now reporting correctly. I had to make sure that there was only on statistics.dll in the plugins folder, since the one that was in there was spelled with a capital 'S' and the new one with a lower case 's'. I deleted the statistics.xml and ran the task. So your fix is working for me.

I really like the plugin, so I appreciate you taking this on!

Same here. Deleted the xml file and made sure it has a lower case S. Replacing the old one, it kept the capital until I renamed it with another letter, THEN renamed it again with the lower case S. Didn't even restart the server, ran the task and it worked.

rdmiller13

Got mine working too...complete uninstall and manual deletion of "all" Statistics.dll....I had two for some reason...again, windows...

...\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

...\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\plugins

Then fresh install, copied up new statisics.dll and ran...all reporting perfectly again!

Guess the question is, why two plugin folders?  New install of statistics didn't go back in the 2nd one...

• Like 1

hackthis02

I'm glad it's working for you guys again.

As for the name, you can rename the DLL to a capital S so that it matches the current one from the catalog. The name doesn't effect the plug-in. I'll change it on my Google Drive download for new users. [link]

As for the windows version keeping the plug-in in two different folders, that's a question for the main devs.

I'm still waiting to hear back from @@reggi about updating the version in the catalog. But with the world the way it is, I'm not sure it's a priority right now.

Edited by hackthis02
  • Like 2

Alternative311

Got mine working too...complete uninstall and manual deletion of "all" Statistics.dll....I had two for some reason...again, windows...

...\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

...\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\plugins

Then fresh install, copied up new statisics.dll and ran...all reporting perfectly again!

Guess the question is, why two plugin folders?  New install of statistics didn't go back in the 2nd one...

Thank you Guys!  This worked perfectly, now I have my favorite reporting back!

Diedrich

@@hackthis02 Thank you so much for updating this plugin!!! It's the best way I can see what my users have watched so that I can delete their content when they are finished.

• Like 1

rdmiller13

delete?!?!?!      .....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Must hoard moooooooreeeee

Just plopped in another 10TB to my Synology....6 slots full...two more to go...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
embyzone

I added the Statistics.dll to the Embyserver plugin folder (Docker)

And the scan did run much longer than before but still stops

5e9b021bb3e59_Embystat.jpg

v0.2.0-beta.18

Edited by embyzone

I added the Statistics.dll to the Embyserver plugin folder (Docker)

And the scan did run much longer than before but still stops

5e9b021bb3e59_Embystat.jpg

Where the heck did this color scheme come from..??