Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Is that an m3u url, or is that just the url for the xteve web page?

it's the m3u url, if I open that with vlc it works fine

unknown.png

Luke
1 minute ago, mbc0 said:

it's the m3u url, if I open that with vlc it works fine

unknown.png

It looks to me like the url to the xteve web page, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure. But of course:

8 minutes ago, dcol said:

You must use the full URL as shown in the xTeVe app 'M3U URL'

http://192.168.0.38:34300/m3u/xteve.m3u

If you look a couple of screenshots up, I have already tried that

8 minutes ago, Luke said:

It looks to me like the url to the xteve web page, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure. But of course:

Yes, I see what you see but I was just showing a whole screen, sorry but this is what I was trying to highlight

image.thumb.png.f82fa4511bd5eb5e401410a55dc8c6a8.png

try to enter this URL in a browser running on same computer as Emby. It should upload the m3u. If not, check your firewall

25 minutes ago, dcol said:

try to enter this URL in a browser running on same computer as Emby. It should upload the m3u. If not, check your firewall

yeah, had tried that and it downloads perfectly, also VLC works perfectly with the same URL, everything except emby can use it, very strange!

Luke
8 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

yeah, had tried that and it downloads perfectly, also VLC works perfectly with the same URL, everything except emby can use it, very strange!

Again: 

Thanks.

meatball
3 hours ago, mbc0 said:

This is what I am trying to enter into emby

image.png.0ddab36bebed0653c18e1b8ddde57b51.png

This is the correct format (assuming that’s the correct IP). Couple things to try if it hasn’t been mentioned- 

when you hit the magnifying glass icon does Emby see the m3u file? 

if it does; Instead of using the lan IP url, try mapping the path to the file instead. 

1 hour ago, meatball said:

This is the correct format (assuming that’s the correct IP). Couple things to try if it hasn’t been mentioned- 

when you hit the magnifying glass icon does Emby see the m3u file? 

if it does; Instead of using the lan IP url, try mapping the path to the file instead. 

Hi, thanks for your input I have tried the magnifying glass and it cannot find the file so I mapped to the local file instead and although it then adds a tuner and xml data it cannot stream any channels so defo a communication problem between emby & xteve, I am still trying some things before I report it as an issue as I am sure it is a local issue to me and not emby

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Again: 

Thanks.

I am still trying some things before I report it as an issue as I am sure it is a local issue to me and not emby

meatball
7 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi, thanks for your input I have tried the magnifying glass and it cannot find the file so I mapped to the local file instead and although it then adds a tuner and xml data it cannot stream any channels so defo a communication problem between emby & xteve, I am still trying some things before I report it as an issue as I am sure it is a local issue to me and not emby

Not seeing the local file via mapping speaks to a permissions/local issue. I’m not sure why it can’t read the URL. 

you can see both the m3u and xml feed in a web browser, correct? 
is Emby and xteve running on the same machine or no? 

All running on unraid as dockers (has worked like this for years) I can see the local file no problem it is the URL that has the issue..

EODCrafter
21 hours ago, dcol said:

You must use the full URL as shown in the xTeVe app 'M3U URL'

http://192.168.0.38:34300/m3u/xteve.m3u

What I posted has worked for 3 Years....Opps, sry...My Pic was truncated.....

Capture.PNG

Edited by EODCrafter
EODCrafter

His issue was discovered to be Binhex_Privoxy, a UnRaid VPN container. he is working with the author of that App.

meatball
4 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

His issue was discovered to be Binhex_Privoxy, a UnRaid VPN container. he is working with the author of that App.

Got it. I use another unraid Docker; not familiar with that one. 

mbc0

Just to confirm this issue was due to recent changes in the way binhex_privoxyvpn works and not an issue with emby, 

Thanks for your support those guys as always 🙂