Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

kikinjo
11 hours ago, Przemek said:

Do You know it's safe to use that editor? How to be sure if they don't use my channels list when I upload to their server?

Read the Terms and conditions.

Przemek
22 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

why would you not use iptvboss? all local and worked very well from my experience

I don't know that service. I configure Xteve now and combine all EPGs with my chnnels list and add to Emby. For now it works OK.

Spaceboy
10 hours ago, Przemek said:

@Spaceboy  do You know it's possible to download single EPG xml file from IPTVboss app?

not clear on your question. you can add your epg sources (xmltv local or web based), use that provided by iptvboss (for a fee) or generate dummy data.

you then assign to your channels, auto or manual as needed

you then export single m3u and xmltv files or set them to be refreshed on a schedule

• 3 months later...
EODCrafter

Emby has made xTeVe/ThreadFin Obsolete for my use.

Edited by EODCrafter
added info

sross44
11 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

Emby has made xTeVe/ThreadFin Obsolete for my use.

Do you have a lot of channels? That's my biggest gripe with Emby's editor. There's really no way of mass editing if you had say 10,000+ channels dumped in to it. 

EODCrafter
12 hours ago, sross44 said:

Do you have a lot of channels? That's my biggest gripe with Emby's editor. There's really no way of mass editing if you had say 10,000+ channels dumped in to it. 

No, I sort them with IPTV Boss Prior to Emby....too much junk :)

• Agree 2

grimevil

Some questions

Does iptv boss update the channels or delete removed channels etc?

can it map more than one stream to channel?

Thanks

BillOatman
2 hours ago, grimevil said:

Some questions

Thanks

Its a very full featured editor and much more. Best thing is to take a look.  

EODCrafter
19 hours ago, grimevil said:

Some questions

Thanks

Join the discord channel and ask them. The author is very engaged.

Spaceboy

it definitely does the first. don't think it does the second or why you would want it to? i can only assume you have streams with different resolutions mapping to the same channel but there is no function to handle this in emby anyway. you're better off letting emby handle the transcoding to lower resolutions/qualities

BillOatman
6 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

it definitely does the first. don't think it does the second or why you would want it to? i can only assume you have streams with different resolutions mapping to the same channel but there is no function to handle this in emby anyway. you're better off letting emby handle the transcoding to lower resolutions/qualities

Multiple providers for backup.  

• Like 2

Spaceboy
17 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Multiple providers for backup.  

yeah good call. actually i guess i would like that in emby but it does need to be supported in emby for any m3u before we can look to find a iptv editor that supports it too.

funny thing is (not funny at all actually) the code for emby to do all of this without any third party program support was written 3 years ago but remains unreleased... one day

• Confused 2

BillOatman
19 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

yeah good call. actually i guess i would like that in emby but it does need to be supported in emby for any m3u before we can look to find a iptv editor that supports it too.

funny thing is (not funny at all actually) the code for emby to do all of this without any third party program support was written 3 years ago but remains unreleased... one day

Wa ... Wa ... What?!?

grimevil
On 03/06/2023 at 14:54, Spaceboy said:

So I can use it the same as normal duel tunner, so different people can watch different channels as most providers only allow 1 stream. 

• Agree 1

EODCrafter
9 hours ago, grimevil said:

so different people can watch different channels as most providers only allow 1 stream. 

No.

sross44

It’s still limited by the number of streams your provider allows. Each “tuner” counts as one stream. 

• 2 weeks later...
pdclark

The only reason I'm considering addding threadfin is for backup channels. Quite often Emby fails to record or only records a few minutes of a show and errors out (logs say no stream)

It would be nice to have Emby try to open the stream on a separate (but same content) channel after failing.

threadfin allows for 3 backups.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

threadfin does sound interesting but my channels are reliable enough that i'm happy to wait for emby to build this in. combination of OTA and a very reliable iptv

neik
41 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

emby to build this in.

When you're saying that, are you referring to TVnext integration?

• Agree 1

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, neik said:

When you're saying that, are you referring to TVnext integration?

yes