Using XTeVe with Emby

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by EODCrafter,

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Is that an m3u url, or is that just the url for the xteve web page?

it's the m3u url, if I open that with vlc it works fine

unknown.png

1 minute ago, mbc0 said:

it's the m3u url, if I open that with vlc it works fine

unknown.png

It looks to me like the url to the xteve web page, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure. But of course:

8 minutes ago, dcol said:

You must use the full URL as shown in the xTeVe app 'M3U URL'

http://192.168.0.38:34300/m3u/xteve.m3u

If you look a couple of screenshots up, I have already tried that

8 minutes ago, Luke said:

It looks to me like the url to the xteve web page, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure. But of course:

Yes, I see what you see but I was just showing a whole screen, sorry but this is what I was trying to highlight

image.thumb.png.f82fa4511bd5eb5e401410a55dc8c6a8.png

try to enter this URL in a browser running on same computer as Emby. It should upload the m3u. If not, check your firewall

25 minutes ago, dcol said:

try to enter this URL in a browser running on same computer as Emby. It should upload the m3u. If not, check your firewall

yeah, had tried that and it downloads perfectly, also VLC works perfectly with the same URL, everything except emby can use it, very strange!

8 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

yeah, had tried that and it downloads perfectly, also VLC works perfectly with the same URL, everything except emby can use it, very strange!

Again: 

Thanks.

Damien_
3 hours ago, mbc0 said:

This is what I am trying to enter into emby

image.png.0ddab36bebed0653c18e1b8ddde57b51.png

This is the correct format (assuming that’s the correct IP). Couple things to try if it hasn’t been mentioned- 

when you hit the magnifying glass icon does Emby see the m3u file? 

if it does; Instead of using the lan IP url, try mapping the path to the file instead. 

1 hour ago, meatball said:

This is the correct format (assuming that’s the correct IP). Couple things to try if it hasn’t been mentioned- 

when you hit the magnifying glass icon does Emby see the m3u file? 

if it does; Instead of using the lan IP url, try mapping the path to the file instead. 

Hi, thanks for your input I have tried the magnifying glass and it cannot find the file so I mapped to the local file instead and although it then adds a tuner and xml data it cannot stream any channels so defo a communication problem between emby & xteve, I am still trying some things before I report it as an issue as I am sure it is a local issue to me and not emby

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Again: 

Thanks.

I am still trying some things before I report it as an issue as I am sure it is a local issue to me and not emby

Damien_
7 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi, thanks for your input I have tried the magnifying glass and it cannot find the file so I mapped to the local file instead and although it then adds a tuner and xml data it cannot stream any channels so defo a communication problem between emby & xteve, I am still trying some things before I report it as an issue as I am sure it is a local issue to me and not emby

Not seeing the local file via mapping speaks to a permissions/local issue. I’m not sure why it can’t read the URL. 

you can see both the m3u and xml feed in a web browser, correct? 
is Emby and xteve running on the same machine or no? 

EODCrafter
21 hours ago, dcol said:

You must use the full URL as shown in the xTeVe app 'M3U URL'

http://192.168.0.38:34300/m3u/xteve.m3u

What I posted has worked for 3 Years....Opps, sry...My Pic was truncated.....

Capture.PNG

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

His issue was discovered to be Binhex_Privoxy, a UnRaid VPN container. he is working with the author of that App.

Damien_
4 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

His issue was discovered to be Binhex_Privoxy, a UnRaid VPN container. he is working with the author of that App.

Got it. I use another unraid Docker; not familiar with that one. 

Just to confirm this issue was due to recent changes in the way binhex_privoxyvpn works and not an issue with emby, 

Thanks for your support those guys as always 🙂

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
shdwkeeper
On 9/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, MaDTaZ said:

Thanks I actually got connected with xteve discord and i was able to get it to work with the following script This allowed me to have xteve keep the channels activated.

import urllib.request
import hashlib
import os

#Provider URL to download M3U file
url = '{your url from provider}'
#File path where to save the newly create M3U file.
filePath = '{where you want the file to go}'
#Headers VLC Standard, Change to what you like....
headers = {'User-Agent': 'VLC'}

#Combine URL and Headers into one
req = urllib.request.Request(url,headers=headers)

# Get M3U file from provider
response = urllib.request.urlopen(req)
data = response.read()
providerM3uFile = data.decode('utf-8')

#Open and overwrites the file if it exist, if it doesnt exist it creates a new one
fo = open(filePath, 'w', encoding='utf-8')

#Addes CUID to every line. CUID = MD5 hash of the channel URL
m3uLines = providerM3uFile.split('#EXTINF:-1')
#Delete #EXTM3U line
del m3uLines[0]
newM3uFile = '#EXTM3U' + '\n'
for m3uLine in m3uLines:
    #Filter channels that you want to ***include*** by group title. 
    #This assumes that your provider uses the group-title= property to identify groups, if not change it
    if  ('group-title="NFL"' in m3uLine) or ('group-title="NHL"' in m3uLine) or ('group-title="MLB"' in m3uLine) or ('group-title="Main Events / PPV"' in m3uLine):
        channelInfo = m3uLine.splitlines()[0].strip()
        channelUrl = m3uLine.splitlines()[1].strip()
        hash = hashlib.md5(channelUrl.encode('utf-8')).hexdigest()
        newM3uLine = f"#EXTINF:-1 CUID=\"{hash}\" {channelInfo.strip()}\n{channelUrl.strip()}\n"
        newM3uFile = newM3uFile + newM3uLine

#Write newly create file to a file in the OS
fo.write(newM3uFile)
fo.close

Then from there I am writing my own script to pull json to convert to xmltv.  This was what I was hoping someone was already working on.  Want to use the nhl,nba,mlb site to pull the data and put in the xmltv file

How do you wildcard with this script?  So ('group-title="NFL*.*"')  or something like that or ('tvg-name="NFL*.*"')  Any ideas?  What I typed doesn't work.

Edited by shdwkeeper

EODCrafter
11 hours ago, shdwkeeper said:

How do you wildcard with this script?  So ('group-title="NFL*.*"')  or something like that or ('tvg-name="NFL*.*"')  Any ideas?  What I typed doesn't work.

I never found any "wildcard" that worked, I just added all the Groups I Needed or excluded the ones I didn't ( There are 2 Scripts) This script was donated by a user that is no longer active.

image.thumb.png.0d81fce347d7ab3e78f314472b1e5004.png

Edited by EODCrafter

• 1 month later...
gillmacca01

not sure if xteve can do this, but looking for a simple solution (if there is one).

My IPTV supplier has PPV channels (channels show 1 programme at a preset time, rest of the time, nothing is on), but do not have an EPG for them, instead they have the details of what's on in the M3U. As an example:

espn.plus.124.us #10 Baylor vs. Kansas State (W Volleyball) 17:00et-22:00uk

Emby is only able to show the channel name, as the description isn't in a format that Emby understands

Is xteve able to do anything with this sort of thing (hoping they can create an EPG from it)

I don't think xTeVe can do anything with these channels. Many providers do this for PPV and sporting events.
Something like this is likely going to need a custom solution that's setup for your lineup.

• Like 1

BillOatman
On 10/27/2021 at 7:54 AM, gillmacca01 said:

not sure if xteve can do this, but looking for a simple solution (if there is one).

My IPTV supplier has PPV channels (channels show 1 programme at a preset time, rest of the time, nothing is on), but do not have an EPG for them, instead they have the details of what's on in the M3U. As an example:

espn.plus.124.us #10 Baylor vs. Kansas State (W Volleyball) 17:00et-22:00uk

Emby is only able to show the channel name, as the description isn't in a format that Emby understands

Is xteve able to do anything with this sort of thing (hoping they can create an EPG from it)

@cayarsis correct. xTeVe cannot make a epg entry from the m3u channel name element.  

gillmacca01

Thanks for the response. I thought I read somewhere someone had done it, but must be mistaken 

A couple of people on here do this for a few channels via custom scripts.
Unless there is some unique way to tell these channels from others it would be difficult to script as a general utility that anyone could use.

• Like 1