Nvidia Shield TV or Apple 4K TV

arthurd123

Guest asrequested

Just to update. I clearly didn't have to worry about the HTPC losing focus. As soon as I switch inputs with my harmony ET is always there.

@. Just going back to the issue with the top (and sometimes right) edge of the desktop showing in ET.

The fix you linked worked for a while but now it's back. Am I supposed to turn off updating or something? I haven't actually checked but I just wondered if after I roll back whether it's updating to the newer version and that's why the issue comes back? Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Electron was updated, so you'll need to replace it with 1.8.6, again. And it only happens with refresh rate switching. If you don't use that, you won't have the problem.

• Like 1

arthurd123

If your shield is hardwired, unplug it and switch to wireless. There's a know issue with that on the shield.

Right that did not help movie pauses especially those big 4K HDR files...not sure if I should change any settings on the Emby Server side of things? My shares are setup correctly too \\servername\sharename out of ideas I have to say. 

Pointing Kodi at the files there is no issue whatsoever ....

Edited by arthurd123

Guest asrequested

Turn off the DLNA server. If that doesn't help, post your server log and send the in-app log and let ebr know time frame when you send the log.

Get the Shield except if you are in a pure osX environment AND have games you want to play on the Apple account etc.

Ooh sorry had been plenty of answers already.

Edited by Yericus
  • Like 1

arthurd123

Does it happen with every 4k movie?

Yes every 4K movie 

I'll do more testing today when back from work...

Edited by arthurd123

arthurd123

Turn off the DLNA server. If that doesn't help, post your server log and send the in-app log and let ebr know time frame when you send the log.

Tried turning off DLNA server on Emby that did not help....here's my server log. Quick one how do I send the in-app log on the Shield?

Update:

Found it  :)

@@ebr Log sent at 08:15 GMT

server_log.txt

Edited by arthurd123

arthurd123

Is it direct playing, or remuxing?

It's remuxing ...

Play method: Remux

Stream Type: HLS

Streaming Info:

Video res: 2840x2160

Video codec: HEVC (Direct)

Audio Codec: Dolby

Audio Channels: 5.1

Bitrate: 80.00 Mbps

Max bitrate setting: 80.00 Mbps

Transcode Reason: Unsupported video

Transcoding progress: 24.80%

Original Media Info:

Container: mkv

Video Codec: HEVC

Video Bitrate: 50.84 Mbps

Audio Codec: TRUEHD

Audio Bitrate: Unknown

Audio Channels 7.1

Mind you the Shield is not currently going through my AV Receiver it's doing ARC back to the amp  for audio. It's plugged in directly to my TV for now until I will upgrade my AV Receiver.

Edited by arthurd123

arthurd123

It's remuxing ...

Play method: Remux

Stream Type: HLS

Streaming Info:

Video res: 2840x2160

Video codec: HEVC (Direct)

Audio Codec: Dolby

Audio Channels: 5.1

Bitrate: 80.00 Mbps

Max bitrate setting: 80.00 Mbps

Transcode Reason: Unsupported video

Transcoding progress: 24.80%

Original Media Info:

Container: mkv

Video Codec: HEVC

Video Bitrate: 50.84 Mbps

Audio Codec: TRUEHD

Audio Bitrate: Unknown

Audio Channels 7.1

Mind you the Shield is not currently going through my AV Receiver it's doing ARC back to the amp  for audio. It's plugged in directly to my TV for now until I will upgrade my AV Receiver.

Something tells me it's the Audio Codec issue hence transcoding...

Edited by arthurd123

Yes, the message being provided by the server for transcode reason there is incorrect.  It is unsupported audio.

That is a very high bitrate video.  I suspect something is not fast enough to handle it.  Try lowering the bitrate setting in the app to something below 50.

• Like 1

arthurd123

ARC won't support that audio. You'll need to go directly through the receiver.

Yes, the message being provided by the server for transcode reason there is incorrect.  It is unsupported audio.

That is a very high bitrate video.  I suspect something is not fast enough to handle it.  Try lowering the bitrate setting in the app to something below 50.

Thanks guys I will be picking a new AV Receiver on Saturday and do some more testing when I get everything plugged in....

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

A friend of mine owns a company that installs $500,000+ systems. I asked him the other day, with a $2000 ceiling, what brand of receiver do you recommend? He answered with one word. Marantz.

Jdiesel

A friend of mine owns a company that installs $500,000+ systems. I asked him the other day, with a $2000 ceiling, what brand of receiver do you recommend? He answered with one word. Marantz.

Yep Denon/Marantz are my go too receivers/processors. Absolutely love my AV7703 processor. 

arthurd123

They are really nice bits of kit I have to admit but they do carry a hefty price tag, I don't have a cinema room just a living room setup ;)

arthurd123

Yep Denon/Marantz are my go too receivers/processors. Absolutely love my AV7703 processor. 

Well that is a beast :D too many connections for me :D

Jdiesel

They are really nice bits of kit I have to admit but they do carry a hefty price tag, I don't have a cinema room just a living room setup ;)

Denon and Marantz are both made by the same parent company. Marantz are a bit higher end and can use better components in some cases but the Denon's are still great. I've heard that Marantz's are a bit better for music but can't really confim that myself. Check out the Denon's on Accessories4Less if you are on a tight budget. 

Hitsville

DTS-X would come in handy for sure, how are you finding the AVR-X2400H?

Really good. It seems an upgrade on the Yamaha it replaced, even taking 7.1 out of the equation.

Then again to be fair I was using various Plex clients with the Yamaha. Since I got the Denon I have been with Emby.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk