Server crash on media playback

Crossfire0mega

Crossfire0mega

So for a little while I have been having issues playing movies, they will play for a few minutes then stop and the server will physically shutdown requiring a manual reboot. This does not seem to happen with tv shows but only movies. I also cannot get it to stop transcoding everything. I have a samsung smart tv 2014 running the emby app. I have also tried casting from an android phone and tablet to a chromecast or to the tv directly but all result in transcoding. I even tried using a ps4. I've attached the logs of the most recent incident but every movie I have tried to play recently does the same thing.

ServerLog1.txt

ServerLog2.txt

TranscodingLog.txt

Hi, this is hevc. do  your devices support hevc? Web browsers do not. Not all android devices do. Only Chromecast ultra does. The ps4 web browser does not. Does that help clear up why transcoding is happening?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
jasonsimth

So for a little while I have been having issues playing movies, they will play for a few minutes then stop and the server will physically shutdown requiring a manual reboot. This does not seem to happen with tv shows but only movies. I also cannot get it to stop transcoding everything. I have a samsung smart tv 2014 running the emby app. I have also tried casting from an android phone and tablet to a chromecast or to the tv directly but all result in transcoding. I even tried using a ps4. I've attached the logs of the most recent incident but every movie I have tried to play recently does the same thing.

hey Am facing the same problem. Hope anyone here can help me too. Thanks in advance. Regards,