Public and private playlists

harrv

rbjtech

'Soon' in the context of emby could mean this afternoon, or it could mean 5 years time - so tbh, we are none the wiser... 🤔

• Agree 2

HouseOfCards

I don't think any of us expect a solid answer, but we would like a "general idea" of the progress.  We are approaching a year since the last release, and it makes people wonder if the project is having issues...  Like there is one developer left trying to keep it alive or something?  Such a long, mystical pause in releases makes you wonder...

I think many of us would just like a general idea of what's happening...  This particular feature has had me holding off on rebuilding my playlists for like six months already, and when you ask, you get "soon" or "when it's ready". 

• Agree 1

Armageus
On 21/10/2023 at 00:05, ebr said:

I can tell you for sure this is not the case.  We do everything we can to prevent these guys from using us.  That is really why we have the device limits.

Looks like there's still plenty more that you need to do then...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404547972461

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285409598755

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166036268284

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266396358993

On 10/23/2023 at 6:32 AM, Armageus said:

Looks like there's still plenty more that you need to do then...

Yes and this move by Plex has brought them out of the woodwork.  As I said, the device limits are really our only tool (because we do not control your servers) and, right now, many of them are using loopholes to sidestep it.

We may have to make some changes to combat this.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

And we should for the sake of the whole customer base.

Piracy costs us time & money which in the end is paid for indirectly by the existing legit community!

Carlo

On 10/24/2023 at 1:31 PM, ebr said:

We may have to make some changes to combat this.

image.png.6d237b4ca1149ec693ab690582510f33.png

The cake is a lie. The pin and lifetime are a fraud!

There should be some way to just let Ebay know this is bullshit and they can remove all those "shared server" nonsense since it is Ebay who is profiting from the piracy in this case. Might just need to rattle someone at Ebays legal department and then all those shares for sale there disappear.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/counterfeit-item-policy?id=4276

-> Items sold using a brand name or a brand logo must be original and made by the brand or manufactured on their behalf. 

• Bootleg recordings of a concert or other live shows
  • Unauthorized copies of movies, music or software
  • Pirated recordings of television shows
Edited by speechles

Hi,

Actually, eBay allows digital goods such as keys, activation codes, etc to be sold on it's platform as long as they are legal codes.

Really no different than any other product.

Carlo

MBSki

Can we get back on topic? It's been 2 weeks and we still only have "coming soon" as a response for when we're going to see the ability to edit permissions on the new playlists and there's been no visible progress on this in the beta. 

@Luke@ebr This beta is taking forever. Are you working on the final items for this feature and security? All I'm seeing is new, no one requested features that are getting added.

• Agree 1

Given the latest translations I think that features related to this topic are coming (I may be wrong but I thought of that when I saw the sentences).

image.png.094e4ea037695b5936dae3fdd6d7976d.png

• Like 1

MBSki
44 minutes ago, Bagul said:

Given the latest translations I think that features related to this topic are coming (I may be wrong but I thought of that when I saw the sentences).

image.png.094e4ea037695b5936dae3fdd6d7976d.png

Wow, nice find! Where'd you see that? GitHub?

I do translation for French. So I receive an email as soon as a new sentence needs to be translated. But better to wait for confirmation from Luke.

• Like 1

MBSki
40 minutes ago, Bagul said:

I do translation for French. So I receive an email as soon as a new sentence needs to be translated. But better to wait for confirmation from Luke.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 9:12 AM, BlackDub said:

waiting for user manager

stay tuned, additional features are coming.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
HouseOfCards
23 hours ago, Luke said:

The last piece of the puzzle for playlist sharing is finally coming:

image.png

image.png

Hey @Luke, this looks terrific, and just what many have been waiting for.  I don't mean to sound unappreciative with some posts, but this release has been bubbling under the surface for a year now.  Does this mean we're finally almost there?  Because posting this is just stirring us up...  LOLOLOLOL

Have a great day!

On 12/6/2023 at 2:13 PM, Luke said:

The last piece of the puzzle for playlist sharing is finally coming:

image.png

image.png

There will be an option to clone/copy Playlist? So I can create a list and the other user can create a new Playlist based on one I shared? 

3 hours ago, Mibok said:

There will be an option to clone/copy Playlist? So I can create a list and the other user can create a new Playlist based on one I shared? 

You can already do that by adding one playlist to another.

• Like 1

Armageus
On 07/12/2023 at 19:23, HouseOfCards said:

Hey @Luke, this looks terrific, and just what many have been waiting for.  I don't mean to sound unappreciative with some posts, but this release has been bubbling under the surface for a year now.  Does this mean we're finally almost there?  Because posting this is just stirring us up...  LOLOLOLOL

Have a great day!

5 years in the making - I'm sure another 6 months or so won't make much difference 😄

• Like 1