Public and private playlists

harrv

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

This will be in Emby Server 4.8. New playlists going forward will be private to the user who created it, and there will be a new context menu option to share the playlist with other users.

Does sharing mean that another user can modify it? Or does the user only have read access to this playlist?

1 hour ago, Bagul said:

Does sharing mean that another user can modify it? Or does the user only have read access to this playlist?

They won't be able to modify it.

• Like 3

ertagon2
6 hours ago, Luke said:

This will be in Emby Server 4.8. New playlists going forward will be private to the user who created it, and there will be a new context menu option to share the playlist with other users.

Does this mean that if I want all users to see my playlist, I have to select all of them by hand?
What about new users? Will they have to be manually added?

Anielarias
9 hours ago, Luke said:

am running the beta but i dont see this option, what is the ETA for this to be avalible? And thank you. 

20 hours ago, Anielarias said:

am running the beta but i dont see this option, what is the ETA for this to be avalible? And thank you. 

It will be in the beta channel in the near future. Thanks.

Anielarias
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

It will be in the beta channel in the near future. Thanks.

Also to make sure we are on the same page here. Will admins be able to create iptv playlist then share with specific user(s)? And only have access to those iptv playlist? Also as a side note do u know if there is a way to clone a given user including things like view type, channel order, etc stuff? 

Just now, Anielarias said:

Also to make sure we are on the same page here. Will admins be able to create iptv playlist then share with specific user(s)? And only have access to those iptv playlist? Also as a side note do u know if there is a way to clone a given user including things like view type, channel order, etc stuff? 

This has nothing to do with m3u tuners, sorry 

1 minute ago, Anielarias said:

Regarding copying users, please see: 

Anielarias
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

This has nothing to do with m3u tuners, sorry 

Ups my bad, can u share any info on iptv m3u stuff?

Ewillian9

hello

+1 for the public/private playlist. i know you have a lot to do. implementing it in the beta channel would me well enough for me even if it's not perfect.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:45 PM, Anielarias said:

Ups my bad, can u share any info on iptv m3u stuff?

What exactly are you looking/waiting for Live TV wise?

Carlo

9 minutes ago, cayars said:

What exactly are you looking/waiting for Live TV wise?

Carlo

I think he just misinterpreted this as being able to restrict m3u tuners per user and there are already existing feature request topics about that.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
GreatFlashMan
On 13/11/2022 at 12:35, Ewillian9 said:

hello

+1 for the public/private playlist. i know you have a lot to do. implementing it in the beta channel would me well enough for me even if it's not perfect.

another +1 here. Really needing and looking forward to this.

I am on the 4.8.0.21 beta, but still not available? 

Unless there is something i need to do that I have missed?

• 1 month later...
Ricjara
On 1/29/2023 at 9:35 AM, GreatFlashMan said:

another +1 here. Really needing and looking forward to this.

I am on the 4.8.0.21 beta, but still not available? 

Unless there is something i need to do that I have missed?

another +1 here; I love the emby environment but the one feature I am missing is this.

• Like 1

Has anyone used collaborative playlists on Spotify? That seems to be a good model to look at, although in our case you'll just be checking off users that are already in the system, not inviting over email.

gihayes

I used to use it when I was on Spotify a year or so back. I've moved to Qobuz since then, but it worked well for the folks I had connected to with it. Are you planing to provide  read, write, and modify control of the connected collaborators by the creator of the shared playlist?

9 minutes ago, gihayes said:

I used to use it when I was on Spotify a year or so back. I've moved to Qobuz since then, but it worked well for the folks I had connected to with it. Are you planing to provide  read, write, and modify control of the connected collaborators by the creator of the shared playlist?

Yes, exactly.

• Like 2

kikinjo

This feature request is almost 5 years old (in july). FR topic clearly suggest public & private playlist, not anything in terms of collaborators or anything.

2 hours ago, kikinjo said:

This feature request is almost 5 years old (in july). FR topic clearly suggest public & private playlist, not anything in terms of collaborators or anything.

It's all related though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kikinjo said:

Correct, but if we are revamping part of the system then we usually also look at related requests as well as internally talk about further ways to improve the functionality.

1 minute ago, Anielarias said:

any eta for when this will become avaliable?

Yes :)

• Confused 1