Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

AciDCooL

@@AciDCooL, looks like something has changed on the web socket API that's why you have so many errors. As for the sync not running, you have (as many users) the same "Cannot insert duplicate key in unique index '_id'" exception which I'm working on. (@@nonyhaha, this also is your problem as I read your post).

I have a fix, but is seems that the problem shifts then to a new problem, episodes linked to a show that really belong to a different show. So have to fix that first, I think it's something with the new TVDB API but I'm not sure.

@@justray2k, does statistics are indeed on the roadmap but feel free to update/create new feature requests on https://embystat.featureupvote.com/

@@Alex3111, I'm not a ReadyNAS user myself but it looks like ReadyNAS is based on Debian, so you have to download the Debain version and unzip it to a certain folder. Then start running the EmbyStat process. I presume you want this to run as a service or something so best thing is to google on how to setup a service in Debian (as far as I can tell). If the application is running open your browser and navigate to <IP-NAS>:6555 and the EmbyStat wizard will open. If you still have issues let me know.

Thanks for your hard work Reggi, I really appreciate it. I put the container in an induced coma for now :) 

Yesterday I found out why this bug is happening (at last!). Seems like there is an option in Emby to merge some folders containing episodes of the same show into one show. 

Since I didn't knew that I always presumed that in one library a show can only exist ones. Boy was I wrong! 

Next steps is to check if the "merge" option is enabled on the Emby server, if so, also merge the folders in EmbyStat. If the option is not enabled I have to see the two folder (containing the same show but different ep's) as two different shows. 

I'm glad I found out why the duplicate key exception is happening and now I can fix it :) I do have some social events to go to (christmas and newyear) so i'll see when I can start writing the fix.

• Like 1

darkassassin07

Glad to hear you've figured out what's up with that bug.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Have a great Dec 25th. Whatever doesn't offend people nowadays :P

Looking forward to future improvements in the new year :D

• Like 1

adrianwi

I've been out of the loop for a little while as I've been migrating to a new machine.  It's all up and running now and I've rebuilt my Docker VM so thought I'd install the latest v0.2.0-beta 14.  

Installed without any issues and seemed to whizz through the media synchronisation, which might be helped by the fact my emby database is now running from a SSD :)

Anyway, keep up the great work into 2020 and thank for all your efforts this year.

Have a great Christmas and New Year @@reggi

• Like 1

crusher11

How long is the initial sync supposed to take? It rocketed up to 80% in about five minutes and has taken a further day and a half to get to 89%.

Any other update on this. 2018 is the last updated comment.

Thanks

What do you mean?

Reggi (developer) has been replying and pushing updates to this since he has started working on it.

What do you mean?

Reggi (developer) has been replying and pushing updates to this since he has started working on it.

I Know that is why I wrote disregard in the comment below it. It was logged in my cousins account. Can anyone help me it it started. I have tried. A lot more complicated then the plugin.

Thanks

Alex3111

@@Alex3111, I'm not a ReadyNAS user myself but it looks like ReadyNAS is based on Debian, so you have to download the Debain version and unzip it to a certain folder. Then start running the EmbyStat process. I presume you want this to run as a service or something so best thing is to google on how to setup a service in Debian (as far as I can tell). If the application is running open your browser and navigate to <IP-NAS>:6555 and the EmbyStat wizard will open. If you still have issues let me know.

Thanks for that info, but 'presuming to want to run this as a service' versus the simple search Emby plug-in catalog, select plug-in needed/wanted, and simply clicking install is what my expertise would get me, but you mentioned:

• 'certain folder'
    • I "THINK" the apps within my ReadyNAS are in the folder /apps, as I am seeing the following in there:
/emby-server
/htop
/nastools-netdata
/smbplus

which are all apps I installed via the ReadyNAS Admin APPs page, so applications that Netgear ReadyNAS has available on their marketplace.

• setup a service
[Unit]
Description=EmbyStat
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/apps/EmbyStat/EmbyStat
User=emby

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I have no idea about this above embystat.service, I searched for debian service and found something similar, edited some of the lines with what I can only assume they are, I am sure they are wrong.  This is what I am going to need help with.

• then run/open the app at NASIP:6555
    • This seems to be the simplest, as I have to assume once the embystat.service is running, by simply going to 10.1.1.1:6555 the EmbyStat will open, but getting it to open, the service part, seems to be the impossible for me, as I have no knowledge. 
Edited by Alex3111

Hey @@Glbjr29, thanks for trying EmbyStat. :Be aware that this is still nowhere in release state! It's still in beta phase.

If you want to know how to run it I first need some info on what kind of OS you want to run EmbyStat.

@@Alex3111, @@panwen gave a good example on how to run EmbyStat as a service: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56640-developing-a-standalone-embystat-server/?p=797412

Give it a try, hopefully it works for you as well. If so, i will put the example in the github wiki pages :)

Edited by reggi
  • Like 1

Hey @@Glbjr29, thanks for trying EmbyStat. :Be aware that this is still nowhere in release state! It's still in beta phase.

If you want to know how to run it I first need some info on what kind of OS you want to run EmbyStat.

@@Alex3111, @@panwen gave a good example on how to run EmbyStat as a service: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56640-developing-a-standalone-embystat-server/?p=797412

Give it a try, hopefully it works for you as well. If so, i will put the example in the github wiki pages :)

I am using Windows 10.

oneduality

I liked the plugin, didn't need much information.. this seems like overkill for me to run a server and take up another port to use it, will there ever be any way to bring it back into Emby? I'm guessing I'll get a no on this.. but figured I'd ask

• Like 1

Alex3111

Thanks for this.  That's what I needed, it's up and working.

:o WOW, this is WAY better that the original app as a plugin; yes, much more to get it working, but man, is it worth it!  Great job, cheers to you!

Here is what I did for my Netgear ReadyNAS 314 on Debian v8; I am logged in with username:  root

• Create the user 'embystat'
    • useradd embystat
  • added the user 'embystat' to the sudo group and the command also created the /home/embystat folder
    • usermod -aG sudo embystat
  • download the embystat file onto the NAS, and unzip within the /home/embystat folder
  • changed folder to /home/embystat and chmod the file EmbyStat
    • cd /home/embystat
    • chmod +x EmbyStat
  • create the service file for autostart/restart/bootstart at /etc/systemd/system
    • cd /etc/systemd/system
    • nano embystat.service
  • pasted the following code onto the embystat.service file from @@panwen
    • [Unit]
      Description=Emby Stats program

[Service]
      User=embystat

# The configuration file application.properties should be here:
      #change this to your workspace
      WorkingDirectory=/home/embystat

#path to executable. 
      #executable is a bash script which calls jar file
      ExecStart=/home/embystat/EmbyStat
      SuccessExitStatus=143
      TimeoutStopSec=10
      Restart=on-failure
      RestartSec=5

[Install]
      WantedBy=multi-user.target
  • make the embystat.service start/restart on boot with the following commands
    • systemctl enable embystat.service
    • systemctl start embystat.service
  • After running the below command, it should show:  active (running)
    • systemctl status embystat.service
  • Give it about 30 seconds and open with your browser
    • <NASIP>:6555
  • Follow the wizard; you'll need the following
    • Emby API key
    • TheTVDB API key
Edited by Alex3111

@@oneduality, at the moment there are no plans on bringing back the plugin into Emby. The code is on my github account so feel free to fic the current null ref exception. I will update the plugin in Emby then for you.

Currently there is only static info in EmbyStat making it a bit overkill, but in the future I will add some stuff that was hard for me to implement in an Emby plugin.

@@Alex3111, thanks for the info!! I will add this to the wiki page asap!

Shenniko

@[member=reggi

It was actually me, not @@panwen .. i was logged into my sons account when i posted it! so if any issues, best not messaging my 9 year old son! :D

Shenn

• Like 1

@@Shenniko, I'll keep that in mind! :D

For @@Glbjr29, if you just want to run it in a console windows you can have a look here: https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/wiki/Windows-Kestrel, but more preferable is to run EmbyStat as a service with NSSM (https://nssm.cc/download). Just run the exe as a service and you should be good to go!

• Like 1

@@Shenniko, I'll keep that in mind! :D

For @@Glbjr29, if you just want to run it in a console windows you can have a look here: https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/wiki/Windows-Kestrel, but more preferable is to run EmbyStat as a service with NSSM (https://nssm.cc/download). Just run the exe as a service and you should be good to go!

How do you do that: nssm doesn't really open.

darkassassin07

Drop the nssm.exe in your C:/windows/system32 folder, then open command prompt and enter:

nssm install embystat

This should open a window to configure a service named 'embystat'.

Under the application tab, set the application path to the embystat.exe, then set the name/description under the details tab however you like.

Once you click install service, you should now be able to find embystat in the services tab of task manager; that will show you whether it's running or not. Right click on it there to find start/stop commands.

https://nssm.cc/usage

• Like 1

Drop the nssm.exe in your C:/windows/system32 folder, then open command prompt and enter:

nssm install embystat

This should open a window to configure a service named 'embystat'.

Under the application tab, set the application path to the embystat.exe, then set the name/description under the details tab however you like.

Once you click install service, you should now be able to find embystat in the services tab of task manager; that will show you whether it's running or not. Right click on it there to find start/stop commands.

https://nssm.cc/usage

Where does the embystat.exe need to be located. Cause my service just says paused.

Edited by Glbjr29