Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

reggi

Is there plans to turn this back into a Emby plug-in store app?

No, the idea is to increase the features that are not in the plugin. Maybe when EmbyStat is stable I can create some light version again, but that's not on my roadmap at the moment.

bozrdnag

One of the primary things I used the plugin for was to see what users watched and get an idea of what they all liked to watch.  Will that ind of info ultimately be available in this too?

PenkethBoy

Yes re your previous post and jaycedk 's post in reply - that plugin will give you some or all of what you want

bozrdnag

Yes re your previous post and jaycedk 's post in reply - that plugin will give you some or all of what you want

The post of mine the jaycedk replied to is/was pertinent to this thread.  EmbyStat is replacing the now defunct Statistics plugin that I used for years.  I was asking reggi if he was planning to include the same features in EmbyStat that allowed me to see the titles users watched in the plugin.

Jaycedk replied to let me know there is an alternative working plugin the does what I want (kind of).  Not sure why any of that should be taken to a different forum.

adrianwi

i'm preparing a small update soon to update the docker images. It should fix the problem with the nlog.config file missing when setting a mount point on creation.

It seems that you can't mount a folder when there is content in it. So I just added an empty config folder and move all files into the folder when the server boots for the first time. Let's hope that fixed the problem!

@@bozrdnag, template can be found here => https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/tree/develop/Templates/unraid, feel free to test the template and let me know if something is not working!

@@AYEHAN, I hope it's not taking 9 hours anymore on this release :)

I've not been able to update for a little while, but thought I'd try mounting the /app/config folder outside the container whilst I was updating.

Fell foul of the nlog.config file issue, but when I copy this into my /mnt/docker/embystat folder (which is mounted to /app/config) I'm still getting an error trying to start the docker container:

The process cannot access the file '/app/config/data.db' because it is being used by another process.

SYSTEM	Server shutdown

Is this some kind of permissions issue on the /mnt/docker/embystat folder?  Everything seems to be working fine if just build it without mounting anything.

Edited by adrianwi

reggi

@@adrianwi, the problem is that you can't mount a volume when there is content in it. So in the .10 version the nlog.config file is inside the config folder when you create the mount resulting in Docker removing all content from the config folder.

I'm still testing a solution that the config folder is empty and the nlog.config file is copied inside the config folder after server boot (meaning that the volume is already mounted)

@@bozrdnag, never seen the duplicate key error before. Can you tell me what version you are running? I have to investigate some more, I'll create a github issue when I'm home

darkassassin07

Hey Reggi,

Any thoughts on the incorrect total runtime for tv shows?

You closed the github issue (#812) a couple releases ago, but I never saw any change. Still seeing ~3.5days for ~19k epps :/

(the db download link is still there if you want it)

adrianwi

@@adrianwi, the problem is that you can't mount a volume when there is content in it. So in the .10 version the nlog.config file is inside the config folder when you create the mount resulting in Docker removing all content from the config folder.

I'm still testing a solution that the config folder is empty and the nlog.config file is copied inside the config folder after server boot (meaning that the volume is already mounted)

Ok, thanks!

IkeTaylor11

This seems a bit excessive

5d644928f07be_2019082616_56_55TaskManage

That’s why I stopped using it. Chews up ram too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerritv

I'm on Windows 10, and using v0.2.0-beta.10 with max 27% usage only while doing an update. Max 305k memory. 1450 movies, 200 tv episodes.

No evidence of a memory leak after running the various ops 4 times.

Emby is on a separate server.

gerrit

reggi

Mmmmm, that seems way to much ram indeed. I'm probably loading all movies in ram before pushing them to the database. 

I haven't seen a problem on my pc with that solution but seems like I need to use a lot more stream to keep the ram usage lower.

@@darkassassin07, are you running the beta.10 version and did you do a full resync? While riding my bike this morning I noticed I don't have a button somewhere to reset the movie and show data in the database, will add that later as well. Best thing is do to a clean install or just remove the database file. This issue should be fixed by summing all episode play times instead of using the total play length on show level. 

darkassassin07

I am running .10

I had installed it by completly deleting the old install and unzipping the new version into the old folder. I then started the nssm service I had created.

I just now followed the same process to reinstall again, went through the setup, and let a sync complete.

19k epps, 3d 17hr

I have updated the pm I sent you with a link to the new db, and a link to the install log.

bozrdnag

@@bozrdnag, never seen the duplicate key error before. Can you tell me what version you are running? I have to investigate some more, I'll create a github issue when I'm home

Sorry, I didn't notice your reply until now.  I updated Embystat today (v0.2.1-dev.330) and I am still getting the error.  Here is a log:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVnhushK5VlgqdFgOYsbkNHxIff6w?e=ec1qGJ

• 2 weeks later...
WilhelmStroker

Noticed this morning that the fan on my server was running and when i checked embystat was using 40% cpu. The log gives me this error from a few hours ago but nothing else. Also, it looks like anonymised logs don't work..

2019-09-13 05:18:58.5556 [ERROR] Error while running job System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateCollectedRateChart(IReadOnlyList`1 shows) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 255
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateCharts(IReadOnlyList`1 shows) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 98
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateShowStatistics(List`1 libraryIds) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 66
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.CalculateStatistics() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\Jobs\Sync\MediaSyncJob.cs:line 130
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.RunJobAsync() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\Jobs\Sync\MediaSyncJob.cs:line 97
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.BaseJob.Execute() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\BaseJob.cs:line 54
2019-09-13 05:18:58.5556 [ERROR] MEDIASYNC-JOB Job failed, check logs for more info. 
2019-09-13 05:18:58.5670 [ERROR] Failed to process the job '1039095c-90d9-4c11-bafa-b12cdf01b748': an exception occurred. System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateCollectedRateChart(IReadOnlyList`1 shows) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 255
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateCharts(IReadOnlyList`1 shows) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 98
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateShowStatistics(List`1 libraryIds) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 66
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.CalculateStatistics() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\Jobs\Sync\MediaSyncJob.cs:line 130
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.RunJobAsync() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\Jobs\Sync\MediaSyncJob.cs:line 97
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.BaseJob.Execute() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\BaseJob.cs:line 54
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.BaseJob.Execute() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\BaseJob.cs:line 66
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
2019-09-13 05:18:58.5670 [INFO] EMBY-CLIENT Sending a ping to Emby 
2019-09-13 05:18:58.5783 [INFO] EMBY-CLIENT Sending POST: http://10.0.0.9:8096/System/Ping?format=json 
2019-09-13 05:18:58.7205 [INFO] EMBY-CLIENT Sending a ping to Emby 
2019-09-13 05:18:58.7205 [INFO] EMBY-CLIENT Sending POST: http://10.0.0.9:8096/System/Ping?format=json

darkassassin07

I've notived everytime I run the media synchronization task I get 'MEDIASYNC-JOB => Can't seem to find Prison Break on TVDB, skipping show for now' in the logs.

The media is sorted:

/Tv Shows/Prison Break/Season X/Prison Break SXXEXX <epp name>.extention

The tvdb link is:

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/prison-break

Emby found it and grabbed the metadata just fine, but embystat wont for whatever reason.

@@reggi, I'm also still seeing the incorrect total playback time for tv epps. Just curious if you've tracked down whats up with that.