Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

Happy2Play

Yes, clearing my browser cache resolve the translations issues I was seeing.

• Like 1

WilhelmStroker

In attachment you can find the 7z of the Windows artifact. I hope it works :D

I can't use zip because file is over 90Mb

Yup that works!
  • Like 1

Thanks for testing! Glad it worked. just reminder, if you install a nightly build, it will not update to a new beta release after, so make sure you remove it again :)

Still have to fix my versioning a bit later on.

Hi,

Getting an Error with the media sync:

2019-09-30 15:40:22.7546 [ERROR] Error while running job System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateCollectedRateChart(IReadOnlyList`1 shows) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 255
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateCharts(IReadOnlyList`1 shows) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 98
   at EmbyStat.Services.ShowService.CalculateShowStatistics(List`1 libraryIds) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Services\ShowService.cs:line 66
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.CalculateStatistics() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\Jobs\Sync\MediaSyncJob.cs:line 130
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.Jobs.Sync.MediaSyncJob.RunJobAsync() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\Jobs\Sync\MediaSyncJob.cs:line 97
   at EmbyStat.Jobs.BaseJob.Execute() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Jobs\BaseJob.cs:line 54

this is on the Ubuntu build Current version: 0.2.0-beta.11 
Edited by Shenniko

@@Shenniko, can you update to beta.12? Hopefully that should fix your issue

To all, I found the memory leak (I think). It's the LiteDB package, when I insert any data into the database it stays into memory as well. 

I'll create an issue on github or stack overflow for that tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Hi,

When i click to check for updates, it says No update available

Thought it does also say: You are not on the Master train anymore so you can't switch back to it. If you want to go back on the master train, please reinstall the server.

How do I resolve this? do i just download over my previous installation?

reggi

That's strange, on what kind of setup are you running (OS, install package)?

There is no master train at the moment, everyone is running beta versions which is ok. But he should have picked up the new version. 

Another solution is just reinstall the correct version by hand, but that still means there is a bug in the update logic!

• 2 weeks later...
edgar691

Do I have to open ports for it to work? Running on Unraid

2019-10-12 22:28:26.2125 [INFO] SERVER-API	Starting wizard for user. 
2019-10-12 22:30:10.4368 [INFO] EMBY-CLIENT	Sending a ping to Emby 
2019-10-12 22:30:10.4372 [INFO] EMBY-CLIENT	Sending POST: http://10.0.0.4:8096/System/Ping?format=json 
2019-10-12 22:30:11.1556 [WARN] PINGEMBYSERVER-JOB	Job not running because wizard is not finished 
2019-10-12 22:30:13.5324 [ERROR] EMBY-CLIENT	Call to Emby failed MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: One or more errors occurred. (No route to host No route to host) ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (No route to host No route to host) ---> System.Net.WebException: No route to host No route to host ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No route to host ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No route to host
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.get_Result()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.WaitForCreatedConnectionAsync(ValueTask`1 creationTask)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SendRequest()
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   at EmbyStat.Common.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.GetResponse(HttpRequest options, Boolean sendFailureResponse) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Common\Net\HttpWebRequestClient.cs:line 54
   at EmbyStat.Common.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.GetResponse(HttpRequest options, Boolean sendFailureResponse) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Common\Net\HttpWebRequestClient.cs:line 80
   at EmbyStat.Common.Net.HttpWebRequestClient.SendAsync(HttpRequest options) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Common\Net\HttpWebRequestClient.cs:line 111
   at EmbyStat.Clients.Emby.Http.BaseClient.SendAsync(HttpRequest request) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Clients.Emby.Http\BaseClient.cs:line 268
   at EmbyStat.Clients.Emby.Http.BaseClient.PostAsyncToString(String url, Dictionary`2 args, Int32 timeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Clients.Emby.Http\BaseClient.cs:line 212

Macieksoft

Does this support the Emby beta? I changed to Emby beta for a library scan fix that hasn't been pushed to emby stable yet.

Its running EmbyStat version: 0.2.0-beta.12-ls1, you can track the version here https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-embystat . Also I noticed that it has about 1000 downloads in the 5 days of release, thats pretty good :)

Happy2Play

You haven't answered my question, does this work with Emby server beta?

I am not having any issue running the Window zip on my beta server.

@@Pog22, all versions currently released are beta releases. Also the linuxserver.io images.

I'm going to add an arm32 artifact in my next build so these guys can support even more platforms

@@Pog22, all versions currently released are beta releases. Also the linuxserver.io images.

I'm going to add an arm32 artifact in my next build so these guys can support even more platforms

Reggi, I was questioning whether this worked with the Emby beta server which it does, I reinstalled it last night and it's working fine

siteripper2

Can anyone explain to me how to install the ubuntu build on my linux server?

Edited by siteripper2

siteripper2

Download the Ubuntu build: https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/releases

create a user/group (I called mine embystat), add it to sudo group

put the files (unzipped) from the download into /home/embystat/

make the EmbyStat program Executable (chmod +x EmbyStat)

Open port: 

sudo ufw allow 6555

Create a service for Embystat (mine is very basic and doesn't have a dependency on Emby.. tried to add the emby service, but the Embystat one wouldnt load for some reason..)

Nano(or whatever editor you have) /etc/systemd/system/embystat.service

Put the below, and save

[Unit]
Description=Emby Stats program

[Service]
User=embystat

# The configuration file application.properties should be here:
#change this to your workspace
WorkingDirectory=/home/embystat

#path to executable. 
#executable is a bash script which calls jar file
ExecStart=/home/embystat/EmbyStat
SuccessExitStatus=143
TimeoutStopSec=10
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

sudo systemctl enable embystat.service

sudo systemctl start embystat.service
sudo systemctl status embystat.service (to see if its running)

• Like 3

Macieksoft

I'm not seeing recently watched shows for users, all are empty even after watching many different episodes. Is this feature supposed to be working or Currently under development?

@@Macieksoft, that featured worked for a bit but broke down again when the new UI was released. Didn't have the time to fix that one because it the implementation itself was still very buggy.

Will take some time to get that one working again.

• 2 weeks later...
Diedrich

Hey reggi, tell your new girlfriend you have some important stuff to do on the computer and that you can't be distracted by a bunch of bedroom nonsense.

Edited by Diedrich
  • Like 1

I'm a bit scared telling her that. If I do, I will send you a picture with her reaction :P

Anyway, it has been some time that I updated the application. But currently I'm still reworking all database connections and the media sync job to reduce the memory usage. 

At the moment I have some improvements already but when the guy from LiteDB releases his V5 it will be a big step forward. 

I'm finishing a bunch of unit tests (I hate them!!!!) and then I will be able to release a new beta version. (no visible improvements, only memory fixes)

• Like 1

hello all... just came across this docker and installed it. is it in full production? should my dashboard say "No content here yet (string is not translated either)"

WilhelmStroker

hello all... just came across this docker and installed it. is it in full production? should my dashboard say "No content here yet (string is not translated either)"

Yes that message is currently expected. I run mine in production but bear in mind it's still being developed so use at your own risk.