Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

reggi
22 hours ago, pju said:

Finally got to testing 😉

And am a bit confused - some days ago I installed EmbyStat without seeing any problems.
In fact I were pretty happy to see what you have done - a big leap forward from the previous release!

But, I then had to rebuild my Windows 10 from scratch (VM on VMware Workstation).

And now EmbyStat fails when trying to execute the initial sync job. Log file attached and Rollbar enabled.

Also when I try to download the log file I just get an unhandled backend exception. Looking in the logfile, it makes sense - trying to open 'D:\Emby\EmbyStat\Logs\2020-08-18', which does not exist - missing the .log suffix. Can see it's fixed for docker - is it for Windows, too?

A question:  when you distinguish between movie and shows, is that connected to Emby Library definition. Or do you read directly from the folders?

2020-08-18.log 64.15 kB · 0 downloads

This is fixed for windows as well but the problem is that I don't expose a nightly build for windows at this moment (only docker containers)

For your error, seems like some movie is not syncing the people values. Going to try and fix that in the next build (will come with the show pages)

@mgworek, at the moment it is adviced to almost always do a clean install because EmbyStat is still changing a lot and stuff might be broken for some reason. Hopefully I will get a more stable version so updating will be safe to use

Edited by reggi
Added response to mgworek

jaycedk

@reggi In development shit will break, and a do over is prone to happen.

Love what you are trying to do, for all of us, Thank you.

People just need to realize, that this is alpha, beta. But NOT stabile.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, reggi said:

This is fixed for windows as well but the problem is that I don't expose a nightly build for windows at this moment (only docker containers)

For your error, seems like some movie is not syncing the people values. Going to try and fix that in the next build (will come with the show pages)

@mgworek, at the moment it is adviced to almost always do a clean install because EmbyStat is still changing a lot and stuff might be broken for some reason. Hopefully I will get a more stable version so updating will be safe to use

Sounds good, thanks a lot. 
No problem for me with the logs - I read them directly from the Explorer anyway.

Regarding people - I'm not using any scraping from the Internet. I'm using the "People Backup" plugin to restore into Emby database. Have pretty many "People" not known on the Internet. Also makesa it easier for me to maintain a test system as close to prod as possible.
Suppose it has no impact - but maybe nice to know.

Did you have a comment to "when you distinguish between movie and shows, is that connected to Emby Library definition. Or do you read directly from the folders?".
Reason for asking is that all my Emby libraries are "Mixed Content".

reggi

@pju, sorry forgot the reply on that question. Currently you need to select libraries that you want to process as Movies and libraries that you want to process shows. I haven't tested this but I presume that if you select mixed content as a library type in Emby and it contains movies and shows it will only return shows if EmbyStat is asking for shows inside the mixed library. I will try this on my test server in the next couple of days. 

If something goes wrong with the sync in mixed content libraries I will create a github issue for it. 

12 minutes ago, reggi said:

@pju, sorry forgot the reply on that question. Currently you need to select libraries that you want to process as Movies and libraries that you want to process shows. I haven't tested this but I presume that if you select mixed content as a library type in Emby and it contains movies and shows it will only return shows if EmbyStat is asking for shows inside the mixed library. I will try this on my test server in the next couple of days. 

If something goes wrong with the sync in mixed content libraries I will create a github issue for it. 

Super, thanks. And yes, my libraries contains a mix of movies and shows.So I'll have to select the same libraries in both cases. Fine with me, I only have a handful of libraries.

reggi

I just released beta.23

Changes
- Fixed issue with installer #1301
- Fixed download log file error #1294 and #1300
- Fixed direct link to the movie on media server #1327
- Added extra columns to movie table (no filters yet) #1328
- Fixed some layout issues #1298
- Readded the shows to EmbyStat
- Fixed null ref bug on mapping people

Still not really satisfied by the way it looks (filters, graphs, ...) so any design ideas are still more then welcome. Was thinking about adding a nice backdrop on the pages instead of a gray background as well. 

Have fun testing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reggi said:

I just released beta.23

Changes
- Fixed issue with installer #1301
- Fixed download log file error #1294 and #1300
- Fixed direct link to the movie on media server #1327
- Added extra columns to movie table (no filters yet) #1328
- Fixed some layout issues #1298
- Readded the shows to EmbyStat
- Fixed null ref bug on mapping people

Still not really satisfied by the way it looks (filters, graphs, ...) so any design ideas are still more then welcome. Was thinking about adding a nice backdrop on the pages instead of a gray background as well. 

Have fun testing!

Whooa - that was rapid development!

Logfile problem on Windows resolved 🙂
Unfortunately I still have a problem with "People" resulting in an exception. 
I can see that I have a problem whith an actor in the movie - for some reason the actors name has disappeared, so only the role is present -  shown in the jpg.
The problem does not exist in my prod, so it has happened somewhere in the install of test.

So I'll go hunting - and maybe you can use this info to avoid the Exception. Guess it may happen every time an actor cannot be looked up... At least when I maintain people the legacy way.

empty actor.jpg

2020-08-20 (anon).log

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, pju said:

Whooa - that was rapid development!

Logfile problem on Windows resolved 🙂
Unfortunately I still have a problem with "People" resulting in an exception. 
I can see that I have a problem whith an actor in the movie - for some reason the actors name has disappeared, so only the role is present -  shown in the jpg.
The problem does not exist in my prod, so it has happened somewhere in the install of test.

So I'll go hunting - and maybe you can use this info to avoid the Exception. Guess it may happen every time an actor cannot be looked up... At least when I maintain people the legacy way.

empty actor.jpg

2020-08-20 (anon).log 60.93 kB · 0 downloads

Yes there are Emby topics on the issue where Emby has a TMDB image url in the database and TMDB has removed that image from their system.  There was a plugin created to try and help fix the issue and there are some changes in beta server 4.5.0.20.

So if EmbyStat gets that bad url from Emby's database I can see a issue.

Happy2Play

beta.23

It appears to working pretty fast

MEDIA-SYNC - Job finished after 6 minutes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes there are Emby topics on the issue where Emby has a TMDB image url in the database and TMDB has removed that image from their system.  There was a plugin created to try and help fix the issue and there are some changes in beta server 4.5.0.20.

So if EmbyStat gets that bad url from Emby's database I can see a issue.

Guess it's not the right topic to discuss why some data isn't good🙂 It's just about making EmbyStat even more robust.

That said, I must admit I have no idea how to look for the reason in the database. But it must be caused by something else since I have deselected all providers in the libaries. Relying solely on the XML plugin and "People Backup" plugin.

And unfortunately I can't even reproduce now. Have tried to start from scratch numerous times - all running good. I have a VMware snapshot with the problem so I can test a fix if and when it comes out.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, pju said:

Guess it's not the right topic to discuss why some data isn't good🙂 It's just about making EmbyStat even more robust.

That said, I must admit I have no idea how to look for the reason in the database. But it must be caused by something else since I have deselected all providers in the libaries. Relying solely on the XML plugin and "People Backup" plugin.

And unfortunately I can't even reproduce now. Have tried to start from scratch numerous times - all running good. I have a VMware snapshot with the problem so I can test a fix if and when it comes out.

OT:  But there is no way to stop Emby from downloading or getting url for People/Artist unless you remove them completely from provided metadata (nfo/xml).

54 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

OT:  But there is no way to stop Emby from downloading or getting url for People/Artist unless you remove them completely from provided metadata (nfo/xml).

Ahh - thanks a lot for the info - been wondering quite a bit when looking in logfiles - where I had missed to remove a checkmark😃

reggi
On 21/08/2020 at 17:45, pju said:

I added some kind of logging when bad data is received from Emby. Looks like I missed my people converter so I'm going to add that asap. EmbyStat should indeed not crash when it receives some bad data

Painkiller8818

What happened to the amazing missing episode overview? I can't find it anymore with the newest beta version.

I see how many episodes are missing but not as detailed as it was before and what episodes of which tv show is missing.

reggi
3 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

What happened to the amazing missing episode overview? I can't find it anymore with the newest beta version.

I see how many episodes are missing but not as detailed as it was before and what episodes of which tv show is missing.

That is still missing because I didn't had time to implement the new UI. I'm also not really sure where to place that (seperate page with all missing episodes) or just a shows table (like with movies) and if you click on details you get an overview of all missing episodes. (but an overview of all downloaded episodes with quality and stuff, like movie table could be nice as well). Any UI ideas are more than welcome :)

Painkiller8818
4 minutes ago, reggi said:

That is still missing because I didn't had time to implement the new UI. I'm also not really sure where to place that (seperate page with all missing episodes) or just a shows table (like with movies) and if you click on details you get an overview of all missing episodes. (but an overview of all downloaded episodes with quality and stuff, like movie table could be nice as well). Any UI ideas are more than welcome :)

Ok thanks,

Hm i would ether make a own page appearing if you click on the summary of missing episodes, or on tv shows graphs under the actual graphs this was the place it was on the old UI.

rdmiller13

Been a while since I needed to get into the weeds - been busy converting 50,000 episodes to 265 for giggles...working through 4000 movies now....

Was on .13 and it had an error so I upgraded to .23 - must say it is quicker and cleaner looking - great job! 

Besides waiting for the missing episodes implementation, they only item I used a lot since I've been upgrading quality is the duplicate movie function - is that just waiting for a spot to plop it into as well? 

Also will there be the ability to sort the movies by other columns?  Want to get rid of those pesky 264's ;)  Been dropping a text file into every folder as I upgrade - this versions reads em, be cool if I could click it and sort em and narrow my task list down for me 😛

Thanks for all your continued work!

reggi

@rdmiller13 thanks for getting back the EmbyStat! I'm currently adding Video range, codec and bit depth to the table as well as to the filters. Not yet sure how I'm going to add the codec filter but I will get there! :)

I'm still struggling with the duplicate movies because it's very hard to determine when a movie is really a duplicate. Also I don't have an idea yet on where to put them into the UI. Still thinking about movie the movies table to another page as well since it doesn't feel right to call the page "table". 

How about 2 or more videos with the same ID that are either 3D, 4K or anything else?  That way you could have a 4K, a 3D and something 1080 or lower that wouldn't trigger the duplicate.

41 minutes ago, cayars said:

How about 2 or more videos with the same ID that are either 3D, 4K or anything else?  That way you could have a 4K, a 3D and something 1080 or lower that wouldn't trigger the duplicate.

I have diff libraries for my 3D and 4K content so sep to ‘normal’ movies.  I just give Embystat the ‘normal’ movie folder then.  Otherwise they are dupe’s and incorrect stats.

igeoorge

Hi guys,

I love EmbyStat.

I use it to update my series.

I realized that in this new version it doesn't say which series should be updated, am I correct or is there a way to know this?

On 04/09/2020 at 17:07, igeoorge said:

Hi guys,

I love EmbyStat.

I use it to update my series.

I realized that in this new version it doesn't say which series should be updated, am I correct or is there a way to know this?

No sorry, at the moment I removed the missing episode list from the UI becakse I have still not a good idea on how to display the list. What I was thinking is adding the episode count in the shows table and in the detail view you can inspect the missing episodes but I'm still working in some mockups. Anyway, the missing ep view will return asap.