Photo

Emby Server & Theater - Additional Extras/Special Folder Types for TV Series (similar to Movies)

server theater special extras

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Rodiefs OFFLINE  

Rodiefs

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 05:41 PM

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

+1 Likewise

#22 funwithmedia OFFLINE  

funwithmedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

+1 Likewise

Thanks for the support, @Rodiefs! It's helpful if you can also "Like" the first post in this thread, as that's one of the main ways the Devs track interest/demand for feature requests. :)

#23 mrs_mary OFFLINE  

mrs_mary

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 03:11 AM

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

+1

#24 Baenwort OFFLINE  

Baenwort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Local time: 10:41 PM

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:32 AM

If this ever comes to fruition, I hope someone starts up a extrasdb so that we can then start bothering Emby about adding that to automate the metadata for a feature they just added. 

#25 funwithmedia OFFLINE  

funwithmedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

If this ever comes to fruition, I hope someone starts up a extrasdb so that we can then start bothering Emby about adding that to automate the metadata for a feature they just added. 

That (an Extras Online DB) would certainly be cool (for both movie and tv extras)!

• KeiznKlei likes this

#26 KumarjitDey OFFLINE  

KumarjitDey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Local time: 03:11 AM

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:54 AM

first let the devs introduce extras for tv shows.. hehe.. because I don't think that gonna happen anytime soon , sadly.

currently they are just advicing to store the extras in season 00 / specials folder... heh.. i mean, how can both the things be the same? A special is a Special episode whereas an extra (clip/interview/featurette/BTS) is, well,... an extra, and need to be showcased just like they are showcased for movies.... below the cast.

Edited by KumarjitDey, 22 February 2019 - 06:07 AM.

• Baenwort and KeiznKlei like this

#27 zippy72 OFFLINE  

zippy72

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

I'd love to see this. I'm currently working my way through adding our Doctor Who DVDs to emby, and if you've ever done that you'll know that the classic season often has more specials every season than it has episodes (I've just done City of Death, for example, and that has 4 episodes but 10 extras).

Right now my workaround is to create a folder for the story (e.g. "105 City of Death"), put the episodes in there correctly named, and then the specials as "Doctor Who S00E1050 Paris in the Springtime", "Doctor Who S00E1051 Paris, W12"... it puts the specials at the beginning of the series. It's not great, but it (sort of) works.

#28 ldexterldesign OFFLINE  

ldexterldesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:52 PM

FYI https://emby.media/c...ure-suggestion/

#29 funwithmedia OFFLINE  

funwithmedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:37 PM

Some additional relevant discussion: https://emby.media/c...tv-show-extras/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: server, theater, special, extras

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users