Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

I tried this but get "no compatible streams."

rtsp://username.password.<local ip addresses camera>:port (554]/Streaming/Channels/101

What else to try?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Okay.

Are we sure that that url is correct for an rtsp stream?

rtsp://user:pass@IPADDRESS:554/Streaming/Channels/1

I found on ispy..

Trying now.

I'll have to look at the code again. I don't think so. it's been a while since I wrote it. I'll get back to you.

• Like 1

This works in VLC but not in the Plugin. BTW, it is encoded in h.264 and I read somewhere that didn't work? This is one of the most common codecs out there so that doesn't make any sense?

rtsp://user:pass@<ipaddress>:<rtsp port>/Streaming/Channels/101/

I tried it with both rtsp://user:pass@<ipaddress>:<rtsp port>/Streaming/Channels/101/ and merely user:pass@<ipaddress>:<rtsp port>/Streaming/Channels/101/ for the url in the plugin. Neither worked but the first url took longer to time out so I believe it was trying.

Should I try the http url?

Edited by Sammy

You can attempt http, rtsp might be the best option.

Yes you do need rtsp in the url, and you didn't have the proper rtsp port 554.

I haven't updated the plugin recently so there is a chance that it is the code.

I'll check it out!

You can attempt http, rtsp might be the best option.

Yes you do need rtsp in the url, and you didn't have the proper rtsp port 554.

I haven't updated the plugin recently so there is a chance that it is the code.

I'll check it out!

My cameras' web interface shows 554 as the rtsp port.

I have this working in VLC and monoclecam skill for Amazon Echo Show but not in Emby.

I'll keep trying though..

Sorry, my Google phone thinks it is smarter then it is when it comes to spell check.

The phrase above was suppose to read: "you did have the proper port 554."

Not "didn't"... Apologies.

I'm currently looking to update the code for this camera plugin this afternoon.

Tricky Google spell check and Assistant app. Sorry again [emoji3]

Thanks for the clarification and looking forward to the update.

I'm working on getting logs up but I found that my password was truncated (should be 5 digits but shows only 4 digits?) in the ffmpeg / transcode log:

Clip

rtsp://username:****@<ipaddress>:<port>/Streaming/Channels/101/: Invalid data found when processing input
I also noticed that even though I input the rtsp port number of 554 the port number reported above is my http port number which is different.

Thinking out loud while typing, do I need to port forward these in my router? Neither VLC nor Alexa via monoclecam require it but maybe Emby does?

PrincessClevage

I'm working on getting logs up but I found that my password was truncated (should be 5 digits but shows only 4 digits?) in the ffmpeg / transcode log:

Clip

rtsp://username:****@<ipaddress>:<port>/Streaming/Channels/101/: Invalid data found when processing input
I also noticed that even though I input the rtsp port number of 554 the port number reported above is my http port number which is different.

Thinking out loud while typing, do I need to port forward these in my router? Neither VLC nor Alexa via monoclecam require it but maybe Emby does?

If the device that uses vlc successfully is on the same subnet (network) as the emby server no additional port forwarding should be required (unless there is an additional software or hardware blocking device between emby server and camera). Simple way to check if your running Windows OS for emby server is to install telnet client (add windows features option in control panel/add remove programs) then telnet I.p of camera space port number and if connected connection is not the issue.

I have foscam R2 which is also HD and connection string is

rtsp://username:Password@i.p address:Port/videoMain

Not sure if any of this will help your situation but thought I would post anyway.

If the device that uses vlc successfully is on the same subnet (network) as the emby server no additional port forwarding should be required (unless there is an additional software or hardware blocking device between emby server and camera). Simple way to check if your running Windows OS for emby server is to install telnet client (add windows features option in control panel/add remove programs) then telnet I.p of camera space port number and if connected connection is not the issue.

I have foscam R2 which is also HD and connection string is

rtsp://username:Password@i.p address:Port/videoMain

Not sure if any of this will help your situation but thought I would post anyway.

It's on the same network so local IP's should work. IDK why anything would be blocking it but I'll check it out and report back.

Sammy, if you remove the user name and password from your rtsp stream in the camera options, does the plugin start a stream?

PS, don't leave it unprotected. Put the passwords back on the camera after, should you choose to test that? [emoji12]

My cameras do not permit null passwords but I'll try a 4 digit one to see if this truncation is the issue.

I remoted in to my HTPC and was greeted with an error stating ffprobe (in my media browser roaming data folder) was blocked by windows firewall. I don't know if it is related or not.

Got it..

For whatever reason when I changed the url on a saved camera it didn't stick, reverting to an old url that I had tried previously. Once I created a new camera with the correct url that worked in VLC and MonocleCam for Alexa all was well. 

I'll set up the other cameras to ensure they all work and report back.

Apparently one must delete and re-enter the entire camera to change the url.

• Like 1

Got it..

For whatever reason when I changed the url on a saved camera it didn't stick, reverting to an old url that I had tried previously. Once I created a new camera with the correct url that worked in VLC and MonocleCam for Alexa all was well.

I'll set up the other cameras to ensure they all work and report back.

Apparently one must delete and re-enter the entire camera to change the url.

That's an issue with my code. I'll squash it.

My plugin coding has changed substantially since I last updated this plugin.

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Yup..

VeraPlus

I guess they call themselves Sercomm now?

Ezlo will be the new hardware to replace Vera hardware. Have you tried Rigpapa,s Vera >Emby plugin?

You can read one use case combined with Chefs Surveillance plugin here:

Emby Server api

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=77624&share_tid=62047&url=https%3A%2F%2Femby%2Emedia%2Fcommunity%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F62047-Emby-Server-api&share_type=t

Edited by PrincessClevage
  • Like 1