Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

Is it a new camera? Or one you where able to stream before?

I know there was issues with h.264 streaming before that I was able to fix.

PrincessClevage

The camera feed I use to use still works and this is a camera I have had setup but never used the feed in the channel much but now I will, I think it use to work and the URL works in a browser but not in vlc playing a network stream, possibly because it is a jpeg image URL and would just need constant refresh to work using as a stream I guess

Edited by PrincessClevage

Is there an rstp stream from the camera? I don't think the jpg streams work with emby. I've tried them before but nothing will work for jpg. It's just a blank screen.

PrincessClevage

Hmmm... I can't seem to get jpg streams to work.

Have you tried using the onvif device manager to see if a rtsp stream is available.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/

It says that rtsp://I.p address/videoMain works for live view but that is after authentication, how to add username/password to your plugin? Edited by PrincessClevage

It says that rtsp://I.p address/videoMain works for live view but that is after authentication, how to add username/password to your plugin?

Good question, there isn't one. I could try to write it. Or try

rtsp://[username:password@]ip_address[:rtsp_port]/server_URL[[?param1=val1[?param2=val2]...

I think the most important thing is to try: {username}:{password}@...

Before the URL that onvif gave you.

Please let me know if that works.

That's how I would code the URL to send to emby in the UI. But I think it'll just work if you add it to the configuration... I think...

PrincessClevage

Good question, there isn't one. I could try to write it. Or try

rtsp://[username:password@]ip_address[:rtsp_port]/server_URL[[?param1=val1[?param2=val2]...

I think the most important thing is to try: {username}:{password}@...

Before the URL that onvif gave you.

Please let me know if that works.

That's how I would code the URL to send to emby in the UI. But I think it'll just work if you add it to the configuration... I think...

Tried but does not load stream

rtsp://user:Password@i.p address/videoMain

Question: if you remove the username and password from the stream, does it load?

If so, I'll could do some more research on credentials. It's not the first time it's come up.

PrincessClevage

Question: if you remove the username and password from the stream, does it load?

If so, I'll could do some more research on credentials. It's not the first time it's come up.

No does not play with no credentials, it seems to try and load with credentials but ends up showing playback error. Rtsp://user:password@i.p address/videoMain works in vlc player, open network stream Edited by PrincessClevage

Try adding the rstp port of 554 to your URL and see if that changes anything.

Rtsp://user:password@i.paddress:554/videoMain

Edited by chef

PrincessClevage

Try adding the rstp port of 554 to your URL and see if that changes anything.

Rtsp://user:password@i.paddress:554/videoMain

no luck

PrincessClevage

I will give it a try but I think that rtsp://user:Password@i.p address/videoMain is the correct format as it works in vlc player but just won’t render in emby

The thing that seems like a red flag is that the camera stream won't start when there are no credentials.

I'm looking at the code now to see if the Emby API has a spot to input them.

I'll test with my cameras, which I will admit doesn't have an credentials in rtsp... Probably not a great idea, but they are behind my firewall so I didn't think it mattered.

Perhaps the best thing to do is to look at a blue Iris plugin.

Then blue Iris could do all the heavy lifting and emby could just request the stream.

Does the camera appear in blue Iris?

PrincessClevage

And looks like iptv will not play my other camera so looks like 2plugins, which is fine as I just want them addressable by the camera name to call from Rigpapas plugin e.g motion detected and main htpc is active the pause/bookmark video the play garage camera to this client when feed stopped auto resume video.

Thanks for your help Chef!

And looks like iptv will not play my other camera so looks like 2plugins, which is fine as I just want them addressable by the camera name to call from Rigpapas plugin e.g motion detected and main htpc is active the pause/bookmark video the play garage camera to this client when feed stopped auto resume video.

Thanks for your help Chef!

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

• 2 months later...
PrincessClevage

Hi Chef,

Not sure if this is isolated to my system but when I click on the Vera plugin to change setting it does not display the configuration page, nor does selecting settings on the plugin, could this be a bug?

Hi Chef,

Not sure if this is isolated to my system but when I click on the Vera plugin to change setting it does not display the configuration page, nor does selecting settings on the plugin, could this be a bug?

I know. I have a fix. I'll put it up now.

PrincessClevage

I know. I have a fix. I'll put it up now.

How do I get the new version, I seem to be stuck on1.0.2.1 which I can not configure?

How do I get the new version, I seem to be stuck on1.0.2.1 which I can not configure?

Version 1.0.2.2 went up this afternoon. Perhaps a Server restart might force the update plugin task to run Edited by chef