Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

hqdefault.jpg

No, no... please don't get up on my account!

This community grows massively every time I check in!

I updated the Vera Smart home plugin for Emby! It's back in the catalog for anyone who cares.

@@PrincessClevage and I will work on the Surveillance / Home Security Plugin next, so if you missed them, no worries they'll be back! Just like me!... for anyone who cares!

Love,

Chef :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 7

PrincessClevage

hqdefault.jpg

No, no... please don't get up on my account!

This community grows massively every time I check in!

I updated the Vera Smart home plugin for Emby! It's back in the catalog for anyone who cares.

@@PrincessClevage and I will work on the Surveillance / Home Security Plugin next, so if you missed them, no worries they'll be back! Just like me!... for anyone who cares!

Love,

Chef :)

Just in time to bust that fat bastard that attempts to steal my cookies and milk every year.

Merry Xmas!

• Like 1

Just in time to bust that fat bastard that attempts to steal my cookies and milk every year.

Merry Xmas!

LOL!

It's done they're working and in the catalog!

• Like 1

Fixed Message plugin too.

Thanks to Luke for making embys platform .netcore. That's pretty great. I've been coding with it for about a month and really like how fast it is.

A good decision to move emby onto that framework.

• Like 2

So I updated my main Server to .netcore.

I was using a development server to test out and recreate all my personal and public plugins.

The switch was easy enough. Alexa is up and working wonderfully.

@@Luke I have a question:

On my development server the folder structure for plugins has a 'programdata' folder where as my main server (after updating) does not. Why? Just out of curiosity.

I also have two 'emby tray' processes running as well as EmbyServer.exe. Is this normal?

Thank you :)

tmirzaian

Chef,

Emby just keeps getting better and better.  Some days though - I feel like we need a video school as I don't feel I have scratched the surface on what is possible.  (skills vs. capable gap I'm sure).

I am playing around with the Home Surveillance Channel plugin - but not sure I am making any progress.

I have 8 Wi-Fi cameras and use Blue Iris to manage and remote view them.  Not sure I want to use Emby to view them - but I'd like to play around with it and see if it might be better than trying to get some extended family (that I would allow to view but not manage) on Blue Iris.

I add the url for the Blue Iris http feed - but for some reason once I add the camera url and save - I go to the surveillance menu item it looks like it has scraped some metadata and displays it as a movie "

Downtown '81"

Is there a short guide on how to set up?

• 2 weeks later...
politby

Thought I would try the Vera plugin but how am I supposed to configure it?

The settings come up like this

5a5511197ea49_1.png

but I have 3 different Veras and I need to point it to the correct one. Clicking on the top box results in

5a5511f3be567_2.png

Sammy

Since it has been so long, I need a refresher on the settings for the cameras in the surveillance plugin please. Thanks!

Okay for the surveillance plugin you'll want to figure out the rstp link for each stream and add it to the editor. create a new camera object in the main page. Name it whatever you want.

Open the newly created camera object link. It will take you to a page where you can add the proper rstp links for each stream.

Once complete it should add a channel under surveillance in your emby dashboard.

For the vera plugin it will only run 'scenes'.

So I order to properly utilize it you'll want to create scenes in the vera dashboard and they will show up in the plugin.

You'll want to make sure that the device you want to pair with scene is running in the network.

Choose the device from the drop down list and press the 'add' button.

This will create a device object in a list.

Click on the new device link. This will take you to a new page which you can attach your scenes to emby events.

I hope that helps a bit.

Let me know if I can make the plugins better or more understandable.

@@Sammy

@@politby

@@tmirzaian

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

politby

I get that, but I have 3 different Veras and I need to point it to the correct one. The one showing isn't the right one. Look at the screenshots.

@@chef

PrincessClevage

Hi Chef,

Any possibility of have credentials for the Vera unit so we can put our Vera into “secure” mode?

• Like 1

I get that, but I have 3 different Veras and I need to point it to the correct one. The one showing isn't the right one. Look at the screenshots.

@@chef

Oh, that is interesting. I will have to add an override area where you can input an IP for a specific vera device.

I knew you could have serveral in a network, but you are the first person who I've met with that setup. That is pretty cool.

I'll add it right away!

Say, do the Vera's all talk to each other or do you have three mesh networks setup individualally?

Hi Chef,

Any possibility of have credentials for the Vera unit so we can put our Vera into “secure” mode?

Yes, I will look into that right away. Is secure mode in ui7? I haven't seen that option yet.

PrincessClevage

Yes, I will look into that right away. Is secure mode in ui7? I haven't seen that option yet.

settings/security

Should see “secure my Vera”

• Like 1

politby

Oh, that is interesting. I will have to add an override area where you can input an IP for a specific vera device.

I knew you could have serveral in a network, but you are the first person who I've met with that setup. That is pretty cool.

I'll add it right away!

Say, do the Vera's all talk to each other or do you have three mesh networks setup individualally?

I have two actual Veras, a US-frequency Edge and an EU-frequency Plus, and a "virtual" one consolidating everything.

The Edge runs 10 RCS thermostats, 2 First Alert smoke detectors and 2 ZooZ motion sensors. The Plus runs some 50 devices, mostly Fibaro, Qubino and Z-wave.me light switches and dimmers, an Aeotech siren and a Yale door lock.

There are no plugins, apps, add ons, scenes or or other logic on either. Both are strictly for sending commands to devices.

All scenes and other logic are handled by  AltUI/OpenLuup, a "virtual" controller which mimicks a Vera, running on a separate Debian VM which also hosts HA Bridge for Hue, Harmony and Alexa devices. This is the one which will connect to Emby.

I have two actual Veras, a US-frequency Edge and an EU-frequency Plus, and a "virtual" one consolidating everything.

The Edge runs 10 RCS thermostats, 2 First Alert smoke detectors and 2 ZooZ motion sensors. The Plus runs some 50 devices, mostly Fibaro, Qubino and Z-wave.me light switches and dimmers, an Aeotech siren and a Yale door lock.

There are no plugins, apps, add ons, scenes or or other logic on either. Both are strictly for sending commands to devices.

All scenes and other logic are handled by AltUI/OpenLuup, a "virtual" controller which mimicks a Vera, running on a separate Debian VM which also hosts HA Bridge for Hue, Harmony and Alexa devices. This is the one which will connect to Emby.

Nice! I also use HABridge!

I'm really interested in that VM Vera server you mentioned. That sounds awesome, I didn't know it existed.

Tonight I'll add the extra functionality to the plugin and get it working!

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

@@chef

I have been able to get the home security plugin to work with both IP camera's that i have. Very convenient for me. But for some reason i cant seem to delete all the camera's i created and screwed up settings with. I hit the trash can and they go away initially but refreshing the page brings them back and they are in the screen when i go to view a camera.

politby

Certainly stirs some thinking. Is you tri setup much overhead to manage, what about stability?

Because all logic is offloaded to the AltUI VM which is infinitely more powerful than any Vera, stability is magnitudes better. The only time I have to interact with the Veras is when adding or removing or otherwise manipulating devices. AltUI independently names devices and rooms so basically all admin is done in one place.

The devices in the screenshot below are a mix of US and EU Z-wave and Hue, all presented by the same UI.

5a59df064b5c0_au1.png

One of the coolest features is the concept of workflows which makes it a breeze to build complex logic. Here is an example of my bathroom fan which is triggered either by humidity or a switch and then runs for 30 minutes or until turned off or as long as the humidity is above a defined percentage:

5a59e11618deb_au2.png

5a59e75d7d023_AU.png

Edited by politby
  • Like 3

PrincessClevage

Because all logic is offloaded to the AltUI VM which is infinitely more powerful than any Vera, stability is magnitudes better. The only time I have to interact with the Veras is when adding or removing or otherwise manipulating devices. AltUI independently names devices and rooms so basically all admin is done in one place.

The devices in the screenshot below are a mix of US and EU Z-wave and Hue, all presented by the same UI.

5a59df064b5c0_au1.png

One of the coolest features is the concept of workflows which makes it a breeze to build complex logic. Here is an example of my bathroom fan which is triggered either by humidity or a switch and then runs for 30 minutes or until turned off or as long as the humidity is above a defined percentage:

5a59e11618deb_au2.png

5a59e75d7d023_AU.png

What device do you have running this VM?