Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

chef

This still seems to trigger intros

Okay, I'll look into it further. I changed the channel media types to 'clips', instead of 'movie' so it shouldn't be do that.

BRB

chef

I have as best I can tell installed the Surveillance Plug in from the link above.  At least it shows up as one of my plugins.  I opened the plugin settings and was able to add two rtsp cameras under settings.  I've verified the links in vlc.  Format I entered was rtsp://username:password@IP:rtsp port/11.  The plugin has created a folder named Surveillance, but there does not appear to be anything in it.  Where do I find the streams.  I'm guessing I missed a step somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

Try under Scheduled Tasks to Run the "Refresh Internet Channels" Task.

OBXMan

Woke up this morning and all is well.  Must have needed needed that refresh task which probably ran on its own last night.

Thanks!

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Got some ideas on what automation everyone uses for the various Emby > Vera triggers? Do you have any trigger for livetv currently Chef? (Just looking for ideas for my setup).

chef

I've been mostly dimming lights when media starts.

There is also events in emby for when live TV timers are triggered.

Would that be useful in this plugin?

I was also thinking about working in users for different scenes.

However, it would be involved and I'm not sure if it would make a difference since we base everything on devices in rooms.

Which by the way kind of fits best with how Vera works.

Edited by chef

BillOatman

You could have different scenes with different light levels or color set by each user.

Certainly could be done, not sure it would be a feature that many would use though.

By movie genre might be more useful.  Different scenes for drama versus horror versus comedy maybe.

Makes for a lot messier of a configuration though :)

Edited by BillOatman

PrincessClevage

Currently I use it (for movies only) to dimm lights and change to a blue for 5mins then turn off when movie is played, back to bright blue when movie is paused and back to full white when movie is stopped. Would be great to have the ability to Iteract with dreamscreen (turn on/off) when a movie is played also.

chef

Currently I use it (for movies only) to dimm lights and change to a blue for 5mins then turn off when movie is played, back to bright blue when movie is paused and back to full white when movie is stopped. Would be great to have the ability to Iteract with dreamscreen (turn on/off) when a movie is played also.

Dreamscreen is totally possible. How are you changing coloured lights with Vera?

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

BillOatman

So when you start the movie you set the light at a dim blue for 5 minutes before going dark?  Interesting way to do it.

Is dreamscreen mainly used for TV back-lighting?

I've been trying to get myself to buy backlighting LEDs.  Found a reasonably cheap source for Hue compatible.  Does it really make a big difference?

Edited by BillOatman

PrincessClevage

Dreamscreen is totally possible. How are you changing coloured lights with Vera?

I have aeotec Led bulbs (can select colour in the scene) and I use the below scene labeled movie starts dim lights:

6707c54a8f303d515a85b91662db415f.jpg

Which sets lights to blue and %5 the waits 1min 6sec and turns off, I also have luup code in this scene to check a virtual switch (movie switch) which is used to disable other auto lights activities while movies are playing:

local dID = 595 -- Device ID of your VirtualSwitch

local allow = true -- true runs scene if switch is on, false blocks it

local status = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1","Status",dID)

return ((status == "1") == allow)

What would be the best way to start discovery of if dreamscreen off/on. Is possible?

• Like 2

PrincessClevage

So when you start the movie you set the light at a dim blue for 5 minutes before going dark? Interesting way to do it.

Is dreamscreen mainly used for TV back-lighting?

I've been trying to get myself to buy backlighting LEDs. Found a reasonably cheap source for Hue compatible. Does it really make a big difference?

Yes Dreamscreen is a back lighting technology and is a great product (once you have it working correctly) imo.

Product build is now closed and inventors have sold out with multitude of user setups to try and support/cater for.

https://www.dreamscreentv.com

But for me works great and adds accurate real time ambiance to actions occurring in your movies.

P.s lights change to blue at %5 then off afte 1min 5secs, back on blue at 80%when movie is paused and play will dim to%5 then off after 1min 5secs and stop movie will trigger normal automation activities (which in my case is motion detected turn on white light 90%)

Sammy

I have aeotec Led bulbs (can select colour in the scene) and I use the below scene labeled movie starts dim lights:

6707c54a8f303d515a85b91662db415f.jpg

Which sets lights to blue and %5 the waits 1min 6sec and turns off, I also have luup code in this scene to check a virtual switch (movie switch) which is used to disable other auto lights activities while movies are playing:

local dID = 595 -- Device ID of your VirtualSwitch

local allow = true -- true runs scene if switch is on, false blocks it

local status = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1","Status",dID)

return ((status == "1") == allow)

What would be the best way to start discovery of if dreamscreen off/on. Is possible?

Is there a Vera Plugin for DreamScreen?

chef

Is there a Vera Plugin for DreamScreen?

I don't think so, but if it was a matter of turning the device on and off, I think it can be done by sending the proper bytes of data to the device over the network.

Still trying to understand it.

• Like 1

BillOatman

I don't think so, but if it was a matter of turning the device on and off, I think it can be done by sending the proper bytes of data to the device over the network.

Still trying to understand it.

It is controllable from iPhone and Android over wifi so it would be possible.  But I do not see any kind of API on their website.

Might be worth sending them a email. 

chef

It is controllable from iPhone and Android over wifi so it would be possible. But I do not see any kind of API on their website.

Might be worth sending them a email.

So I sent an email, and they actually got back to me.

They said they don't make the product anymore. Too bad

But there is a set of commands you could send as hexidecimals to control the device.

Hmmm...

BillOatman

They don't make it any more?  Then why have a website for it? :)

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

So I sent an email, and they actually got back to me.

They said they don't make the product anymore. Too bad

But there is a set of commands you could send as hexidecimals to control the device.

Hmmm...

Did they provide anything for a On off command?

BillOatman

Wow, I haven't seen a protocol like that in 20 years.  It's like one of the old serial protocols from back in the day.

GTerplan

When trying to add the fire tv cube device for the emby plugin the create profile function does not work at all.  I can add profiles for every other device, but not the fire tv cube.  I even tried deleting the device and letting it re-add, but still nothing.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Actually I figured out the issue.  There was a ' in the name of the device and apparently the plugin does not like that.  I removed that word and now it's working.  I just figured i'd update the post just incase anyone else has that issue.

Edited by GTerplan

chef

When trying to add the fire tv cube device for the emby plugin the create profile function does not work at all. I can add profiles for every other device, but not the fire tv cube. I even tried deleting the device and letting it re-add, but still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? Actually I figured out the issue. There was a ' in the name of the device and apparently the plugin does not like that. I removed that word and now it's working. I just figured i'd update the post just incase anyone else has that issue.

Can you show an example of the naming the device had?

I think that the core emby developers will be interested in this because it would seem to be a bug in the device naming at the core level. I think...

I'll also look at the plugin code and see how that character might cause issues.

Edited by chef