Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

PrincessClevage

@@chef

I assume these are the Vera API changes you mention?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,56959.0.html

They have broken some Vera plugins like the DLNA and Sonos ones, with no fixes looking likely.

I used the DLNA one and now TTS no longer seems to work with it and it no longer discovers new DLNA devices on your network.

My Sonos and TTS are working fine in Vera

PrincessClevage

The good news is, if you use the vera plugin you'll be able to piggy back on Embys DLNA server to trigger vera scenes by way of playback.

Luke updated the NuGet packages for emby again so Vera plugin will be working again tonight.

The only issue I can see regarding any DLNA integration by way of Vera with those issues mentioned above, is that if you use the emby plugin, then you'll have to rely on emby server to initiate any playback, by way of DLNA, to trigger commands, instead of the Vera plugins from micasaverde.

In a way it is kind of a good thing for this plugin that they aren't going to fix their plugin issues because it kinda forces the use of our plugin to get the desired control.

Chef does this upcoming security update that cw-kid has provided a link for mean that emby Vera plugin in will be required to authenticate with Vera before it can see or run any scenes I.e Vera will be in secure mode that I previously mention to you?b8e2d6aa5634722cec080bfb0240d9f0.jpg Edited by PrincessClevage

Well we do use port 3480 so it is possible, but I am wondering because we are on the subnet with the Vera device if we are prone to this.

They'll probably incorporate some sort of authentication token for requests. But we'll be ready for it.

I'll see about joining their beta team to see about getting early access to the new authentication code.

cw-kid

@PrinessClevage

Which TTS engine you using with the Vera Sonos plugin?

Transport controls are working on my DLNA devices in Vera but the TTS stopped working and the DLNA plugin no longer discovers new DLNA devices on the network.

I have sent a message to the beta developers explaining our situation over here at emby, and asked how their security implementations will affect us.

Gave a quick explanation of how our plugin works, too see if what they have to say about.

The part that makes me think we're going to be okay is where they write:

"except the local loopback interface (localhost / 127.0.0.1)"

But, then they write:

This issue affects only requests made by a network device, meaning they are coming to Vera on a LAN or WAN interface.
Solution

This issue can't be fully fixed by the plugin developers, however, it's necessary that all the data_requests are made on port_3480, and NOT directly on port 3480, or on port 49451, or on port_49451.

So, any request that looks like this:
http://VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=SOME_VALUE
http://VERA_IP:49451/data_request?id=SOME_VALUE
http://VERA_IP/port_49451/data_request?id=SOME_VALUE

Must be rewritten to look like this:
http://VERA_IP/port_3480/data_request?id=SOME_VALUE

Which is exactly what we do in the plugin.... So... some changes are going to be needed.

Why change the port number in the request command line (example: "3480") to "port_3480"???  :huh:

I don't get it...

Good, they have security rolling out... I would imagine that currently, it would be kind of easy to brute force attack vera products. Especially since they use a redirect to locate each device.  :ph34r:

PrincessClevage

@PrinessClevage

Which TTS engine you using with the Vera Sonos plugin?

Transport controls are working on my DLNA devices in Vera but the TTS stopped working and the DLNA plugin no longer discovers new DLNA devices on the network.

I use Responsive voice and I made a post below to help others locate the files to manually upload to Vera so you can select responsive voice

New TTS engine: Microsoft Translator

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24007&share_tid=33223&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Emicasaverde%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D33223&share_type=t

20ad2226e451f98452aba9a7bc1f2789.jpg

Edited by PrincessClevage

I pushed an update to the Vera app. But it is temporary. I have a new version coming which is all around coded better.

• Like 2

chef

New version of Surveillance plugin should delete cameras now. Sorry, javascript had a spelling mistake, and my IDE is sucking!

• Like 1

cw-kid

@@chef

Is there any more information I can provide or a log file or something regarding my rtsp stream not working?

Thank you.

• Like 1

chef

@@chef

Is there any more information I can provide or a log file or something regarding my rtsp stream not working?

Thank you.

Could you post a server log from a time when you attempted to start the stream?

The streaming issue is the next priority.

karldonteljames

I'm not sure this is the right place for this post, but how can I change the surveillance plugin image? It doesn't quite look right. lol

5a9a7f442389d_surveillance.png

chef

Pushed an update for Vera Home Automation this morning.

YOu'll find it available in the Dashboard Navigation Area under "Home Automation".

I also fixed the Configuration UI and the List of Devices reported in the plugin. It was duplicating device names. It doesn't do that anymore.

And the Saved Device has been redrawn to fit with the EMby UI better.

Quick Question for those who use it.

Does the UI show a picture of your vera unit at the top?

I'm trying to get proper images to show. If you happen to not see an image of your vera unit beside your Veras IP please let me know so I can add it to a list of possible devices!

If there are any problems with the update, let me know.

Thanks!!

chef

I'm not sure this is the right place for this post, but how can I change the surveillance plugin image? It doesn't quite look right. lol

5a9a7f442389d_surveillance.png

Yep, this is the right place! If you hover over the Surveillance channel image with your mouse, there should be a "slide=up" menu which appears where you can edit the images.  let me know how it goes :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

karldonteljames

Yep, this is the right place! If you hover over the Surveillance channel image with your mouse, there should be a "slide=up" menu which appears where you can edit the images.  let me know how it goes :)

Perfect! Thank you!!!

PrincessClevage

Pushed an update for Vera Home Automation this morning.

YOu'll find it available in the Dashboard Navigation Area under "Home Automation".

I also fixed the Configuration UI and the List of Devices reported in the plugin. It was duplicating device names. It doesn't do that anymore.

And the Saved Device has been redrawn to fit with the EMby UI better.

Quick Question for those who use it.

Does the UI show a picture of your vera unit at the top?

I'm trying to get proper images to show. If you happen to not see an image of your vera unit beside your Veras IP please let me know so I can add it to a list of possible devices!

If there are any problems with the update, let me know.

Thanks!!

My Vera Edge shows its picture correctly and the movie pause and Unpause functionality is now working again.

Thanks again for this great addin for Emby !

Edited by PrincessClevage
  • Like 1

Crestj

Here's a server log for an attempt to stream a camera I have.

Works fine through VLC so the string is correct.

Edited by Crestj

chef

Here's a server log for an attempt to stream a camera I have.

Works fine through VLC so the string is correct.

@@Crestj better to pm logs.

chef

@@Crestj and @@cw-kid, you guys are experiencing the same issue with the plugin.

Would you guys be interested in installing the IPTV plugin, adding the security camera URL to that plugin and attempt live stream playback?

Would it be possible to let me know if you are able to get the stream working?

Both these plugins are very similar, so if the IPTV plugin works then I would be able to narrow the issues better.

cw-kid

@@Crestj and @@cw-kid, you guys are experiencing the same issue with the plugin.

Would you guys be interested in installing the IPTV plugin, adding the security camera URL to that plugin and attempt live stream playback?

Would it be possible to let me know if you are able to get the stream working?

Both these plugins are very similar, so if the IPTV plugin works then I would be able to narrow the issues better.

I installed the IPTV plugin and added my camera using the RTSP url. It doesn't play either in Chrome web browser, just get a spinning circle also. 

If I change the url and remove the .h264 from the end of it then I get a play back error same as with the Surveillance plugin.

• Like 1

chef

So it sounds like a codec issue in ffmpeg, so far. We'll see what crestj findings are.

Or, there is an issue with authenticating the request for the stream. Which could also be an issue.

Edited by chef

Crestj

Black screen with no actual error like the Surveillance plugin.

Logs PM'd

Edited by Crestj

Fratopolis

Love the Surveillance plugin. though will not allow me to delete old cameras. I am on 3.3.1.0, I read there were issues when 3.3.0.0 came out and wonder if they are back. Also changing the address of an existing camera shows that is saved but when going to the gui to watch it shows the old rtsp url and does not work. The plugin config file under the server folder shows the setting is correct so it must be a stored elsewhere?