Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

chef

Love the

Surveillance plugin. though will not allow me to delete old cameras. I am on 3.3.1.0, I read there were issues when 3.3.0.0 came out and wonder if they are back. Also changing the address of an existing camera shows that is saved but when going to the gui to watch it shows the old rtsp url and does not work. The plugin config file under the server folder shows the setting is correct so it must be a stored elsewhere?

Looking into it now

chef

Black screen with no actual error like the Surveillance plugin.

Logs PM'd

Thank you. This will help because if I see the same error like CW-kid has the. I can take it to Luke.

cw-kid

I was able to delete camera entries OK.

But I also did notice that if you edited the URL of the cameras stream and saved it.

That was then not reflected in the front end web gui and the old URL was still shown.

Fratopolis

I tried hitting the x on the settings page but just loads the setting and didn't delete. Tried four different browsers just in case. No rush though. I just set a diff camera I'd for now. Just started using this plugin though. Real easy setup. Good work chef

Edit: crap keep forgetting to send logs ugh will have to later if you still need.

Edited by Fratopolis

cw-kid

@@chef

There does seem to be a problem again deleting camera entries. I just tried to delete my camera entry now and it does not do it.

This was working at one point previously with one version of the plug-in but no longer. 

Also as stated editing the cameras URL does not update the URL for it in the front-end GUI when you click in to the camera etc.

Thanks

• Like 1

chef

@@chef

There does seem to be a problem again deleting camera entries. I just tried to delete my camera entry now and it does not do it.

This was working at one point previously with one version of the plug-in but no longer.

Also as stated editing the cameras URL does not update the URL for it in the front-end GUI when you click in to the camera etc.

Thanks

I have a fix for this I'll upload tonight.

Still working on the streaming problem though.

jordandparker

I have a fix for this I'll upload tonight.

Still working on the streaming problem though.

Hi guys was loving the surveillance app to but still couldn't make the streams work. If anyone is interested or having issues finding stream urls. Use onvif device manager a very handy little tool.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

chef

Hi guys was loving the surveillance app to but still couldn't make the streams work. If anyone is interested or having issues finding stream urls. Use onvif device manager a very handy little tool.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yes ONVIF is very handy! Thanks!

chef

@@chef

Thanks

I think I fixed the deletion of cameras in the newest release.

Crestj

I think I fixed the deletion of cameras in the newest release.

I assume you're still working on the streaming issue?

chef

I assume you're still working on the streaming issue?

Yes, I believe that the streaming issue goes a bit deeper then this plugin.

I am almost sure it has to do with the transcoding core of emby.

The errors shown in both the IPTV plugin and the Survellance plugin from both instances of users unable to get a stream started, show a video stream which is reported as being to large for the engine to process.

But, I want to make sure I'm right before showing Luke.

I have ordered a new security camera which will stream h.264 to test this out. If this camera has issues, then I will know for sure.

Sorry for the wait on this.

Crestj

Yes, I believe that the streaming issue goes a bit deeper then this plugin.

I am almost sure it has to do with the transcoding core of emby.

The errors shown in both the IPTV plugin and the Survellance plugin from both instances of users unable to get a stream started, show a video stream which is reported as being to large for the engine to process.

But, I want to make sure I'm right before showing Luke.

I have ordered a new security camera which will stream h.264 to test this out. If this camera has issues, then I will know for sure.

Sorry for the wait on this.

OK, if you need any more testing let me know.

I use a Synology for all the CCTV stuff so this is just a nice, but very useful, extra.

• Like 1

Sammy

I'm not sure if this is related or not but I have not had the time until recently to deal with the Security Camera Plugin update. I added in the camera url as <local ip address>:<port> but there's no place to enter the log in information?

Additionally, both Surveillance Cameras and IPTV are giving my a "No Compatible Streams" error on attempts to play it back.

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

chef

I'm not sure if this is related or not but I have not had the time until recently to deal with the Security Camera Plugin update. I added in the camera url as <local ip address>:<port> but there's no place to enter the log in information?

Additionally, both Surveillance Cameras and IPTV are giving my a "No Compatible Streams" error on attempts to play it back.

Would it be possible to try an rstp link to see if you get a stream happening.

I use ONVIF to get the proper rstp link.

is the surveillance plugin just an alternative iptv plugin? what does it do beyond that?

chef

is the surveillance plugin just an alternative iptv plugin? what does it do beyond that?

Yes, and nothing besides showing "Survellance' as a name for a channel.

Right now there are two maybe three users of both plugins who are unable to get streams happening from their IP cameras in both plugins.

In both instances of the security plugin and iptv a error shows up in the ffmpeg logs regarding missing packets, but also 'max delay reached', and 'cbp too large'.

In the server logs there is an error from both plugins trying to start an rtsp_transport stream and ffmpeg errors.

I wanted to make sure that I gathered enough info before I brought it to you.

I'm waiting for a new type of IP camera to test as well.

for both plugins the server logs show 'Error starting ffmpeg' when trying to start a stream.

Edited by chef

The fact that it is named surveillance is helpful, but it's still probably not worth having a whole other plugin for it.

cw-kid

The fact that it is named surveillance is helpful, but it's still probably not worth having a whole other plugin for it.

I disagree, I only discovered this plugin because it was called "Home Surveillance Channel" and the plug-in had a picture of a security camera. 

I would have never looked at the IPTV plug-in for adding my security camera. 

Any way I hope you can fix the issues with it not playing some users RTSP IP camera streams, including mine.

Thanks
  • Like 1

Sammy

Would it be possible to try an rstp link to see if you get a stream happening.

I use ONVIF to get the proper rstp link.

Can you let me know what syntax is good to use?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sammy

I disagree, I only discovered this plugin because it was called "Home Surveillance Channel" and the plug-in had a picture of a security camera.

I would have never looked at the IPTV plug-in for adding my security camera.

Any way I hope you can fix the issues with it not playing some users RTSP IP camera streams, including mine.

Thanks

I agree too as it is easier to dind when navigating the Emby Home Screen too.

On a side note, does IPTV allow for login credentials? Is there a wiki on that plugin? I have it but haven't used it much because it was merely to save videos for future viewing which I can bookmark in my browser. Now that I'm using Emby on more devices I can watch without a browser if set up properly.

chef

Can you let me know what syntax is good to use?

Thanks!

If your camera uses credentials in the url for example:

"rtsp://CAMERAURL:PORT/SOME-INFO?USERNAME=username&PASSWORD=pass"

leave the credential area of the plugin configuration empty, and try to start a stream

However, if your camera is like mine and requires credential information in the Header of the request for the stream, then you can fill in the credential area of the configuration.

In my case, my rtsp url looks like this:

"rstp://CAMIP:554/11" and that's it (with the username and password filled in, in the configuration form).

I know that cw-kid's url is different, the camera requests a stream type at the end ("h.264").

ONVIF will tell you exactly the rtsp url to use.

Edited by chef

chef

Hi,

I dont see a credential area of the plugin ?

This is the screen ?

5abf1b6168706_Capture1.jpg

Ops you re right. I have commented those lines out for testing and the mistake made it to release.

I will fix it promptly.

However I believe you can still aquire the rtsp stream without credentials.

Edited by chef

vaise

Hi,

I have two dlinks (old) that use http stream and need a user/password added - which I cant seem to get coded into the url itself, always pops up with a user/password screen iin browser.

http://192.168.1.16/video/mjpg.cgi http://192.168.1.15/video/mjpg.cgi

Then I have a modern foscam that works fine in vlc to open this stream but just has a spinning icon thing in your plugin (and also the iptv one) which I think was mentioned in this forum - something with transcoding not working for the streasm?

rtsp://vaise:password@@192.168.1.17:554/videoMain

So I am yet to see anything surveillance wise.

Thanks

PrincessClevage

Hi,

I have two dlinks (old) that use http stream and need a user/password added - which I cant seem to get coded into the url itself, always pops up with a user/password screen iin browser.

http://192.168.1.16/video/mjpg.cgi http://192.168.1.15/video/mjpg.cgi

Then I have a modern foscam that works fine in vlc to open this stream but just has a spinning icon thing in your plugin (and also the iptv one) which I think was mentioned in this forum - something with transcoding not working for the streasm?

rtsp://vaise:password@@192.168.1.17:554/videoMain

So I am yet to see anything surveillance wise.

Thanks

For my Foscam I have added them using the following (only contents inside of quotations):

http://i.pAddress:port/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=username&pwd=Password"]

Edited by PrincessClevage