Vera, Surveillance, and Messages plugins are back!

chef

vaise

My foscam is an FI9800P V2.

I dont think I have the http stream maybe

I tried it, and changed the ip address and the port to 88, but not found.

chef

Just want to make sure, has everyone who is having issues with either rtsp or http portforward the ports in their router if in wifi?

PrincessClevage

My foscam is an FI9800P V2.

I dont think I have the http stream maybe

I tried it, and changed the ip address and the port to 88, but not found.

Best way is to try the URL in Vlc player to see if it plays there

vaise

vlc is not an issue.

port forwarding ?  this is a local network.

cw-kid

Just want to make sure, has everyone who is having issues with either rtsp or http portforward the ports in their router if in wifi?

On my new Asus router I port forwarded the port number for the IP Cameras RTSP stream, to the cameras internal LAN IP address. 

However as you know, when accessing the Emby server web GUI in a browser, either by using the servers local LAN IP address URL or by using its external WAN address URL e.g. with my domain name, using either to connect to Emby in the web browser, both are unable to play the cameras video stream. 

Likewise with HTTP vs HTTPS both make no difference to if the cameras video is played. 

vaise

On my new Asus router I port forwarded the port number for the IP Cameras RTSP stream, to the cameras internal LAN IP address. 

However as you know, when accessing the Emby server web GUI in a browser, either by using the servers local LAN IP address URL or by using its external WAN address URL e.g. with my domain name, using either to connect to Emby in the web browser, both are unable to play the cameras video stream. 

Likewise with HTTP vs HTTPS both make no difference to if the cameras video is played. 

So we are in agreement that this is not working then....  I should not bother to keep trying until something changes ?

chef

Yes, for some reason both the IPTV plugin and the surveillance plugs will not play some security camera streams. It's being looked into.

What is the exact type of camera you have?

I just bought a completely new/different camera. I set it up and it is working.

PrincessClevage

Yes, for some reason both the IPTV plugin and the surveillance plugs will not play some security camera streams. It's being looked into.

What is the exact type of camera you have?

I just bought a completely new/different camera. I set it up and it is working.

One of my low def cameras is working but my Foscam R2 high def .h264 camera stream won’t work but stream does work in vlc player Edited by PrincessClevage

chef

Interesting how the h.264 streams seem to be the culprit here.

Alright! I'll buy a FOSCAM camera with h.264 and see if I can figure this out.

• 1 month later...
kgschlosser

I am not proficient enough in c# to be able to port this code I wrote up for the Vera. It is written in Python but it could help to expand the Vera plugin for Emby.

basically I would call it a Vera AI, it can handles all devices/plugins current and future. Nothing is built into the code for any specific device or plugin. it learns how to use them including any undocumented methods/functions/variables/properties. Through the use of various access points on the Vera I was able to create a way to automatically port large sections of the code on the Vera to Python. It does an initial build and after that if say a plugin gets installed it will port the code for that plugin real time. The library is thread safe, it has a built poll with event callback. You can add, delete, update, install anything you like. You can even create your own custom devices without the need to install anything on the Vera. To my knowledge it is the most complete Vera API connector made to date.

You can check it out here https://github.com/kdschlosser/MiCasaVerde_Vera

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
PrincessClevage

I have a feature request for the Home automation plugin.

EBR informs me that Emby has an api that allows integration and control of emby by third party apps. The FR would be to extent the MiOS Vera app for emby control to Vera to control Emby at the moment Emby can launch scenes on Vera only.

The practical use case for this would be if activity occurs in a certain area for xyz minutes you could play dog barking or some music from emby various other scenarios.

Edited by PrincessClevage

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

Hi Chef,

It seems that the Vera plugin is showing a limited configuration screen and not refreshing scenes

ad9e5f015e8d0d99dc6f321ed9345ae1.png

chef

I'll take a look right away! Thanks! They've been changing quiet a bit lately in the core! Thank you!

chef

Okay, my Vera lite will not update to the latest firmware because of it's limited space. I'll have to contact their help department to get the update. I think this has to do with their security changes finally implimented in their system.

PrincessClevage

Okay, my Vera lite will not update to the latest firmware because of it's limited space. I'll have to contact their help department to get the update. I think this has to do with their security changes finally implimented in their system.

Post number 7 might help

VeraLite: No Button for Updated Firmware in Web Interface

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24007&share_tid=52527&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Emicasaverde%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D52527&share_type=t

PrincessClevage

Just had an update to the Vera plugin and seems to be back to normal, listing all scenes.

Thanks again Chef!

hstamas

Ive decided that I cant wait any longer for a working solution to come along that will automate my Philips Hue lights while watching a movie in Kodi v18 so Im going to pick up a Vera Plus and have at it.

Are there any tutorials or such that would guide someone who has never even seen the Vera interface nor this plugins setup/interface on how to do things? 

Thanks a lot!

PrincessClevage

Ive decided that I cant wait any longer for a working solution to come along that will automate my Philips Hue lights while watching a movie in Kodi v18 so Im going to pick up a Vera Plus and have at it.

Are there any tutorials or such that would guide someone who has never even seen the Vera interface nor this plugins setup/interface on how to do things?

Thanks a lot!

Vera can be a large learning curve and to get 100per satisfaction from the automation requires patients and self research of existing forums/threads as forum question are slow or non existent response. In saying this dimming lights when playing a movie then turn off after 3mins and return to bright when pause or stop movie is quite simple task for Vera and the emby plugin (thanks to Chefs great work)!

chef

Thanks a lot!

Man I feel kinda bad that this feature request has been out there for a while and no one has filled it. I don't own a hue bridge but, I'm willing to try to create a plugin.

I can edit the current Vera plugin with the proper http requests for Phillips hue. But, I can't test it.

Although I am a huge fan if Vera and I am almost certain that you would no be disappointed by getting one. I'll give a go and try to write a hue plugin.

I just have to do some reasearch on the hue bridge first.

hstamas

Man I feel kinda bad that this feature request has been out there for a while and no one has filled it. I don't own a hue bridge but, I'm willing to try to create a plugin.

I can edit the current Vera plugin with the proper http requests for Phillips hue. But, I can't test it.

Although I am a huge fan if Vera and I am almost certain that you would no be disappointed by getting one. I'll give a go and try to write a hue plugin.

I just have to do some reasearch on the hue bridge first.

PM sent Chef. Anything you could do would be fantastic.

I see my initial post might have come across as a bit whiney! I was just commenting how unfortunate it is that all the solutions out there for Hue light control while using Kodi at least either dont work at all or are not working in v18 with no sign that any of them are in active development.

chef

Oh boy! My Vera edge showed up! Got it setup and updated! Good news is that I got to see my emby plugin work in different ways. Using new images. I always wondered if that worked properly... And it does!

Edited by chef