Guide Problems

csadoian

Guest asrequested

I'm checking the beta server. It had a lot missing, initially. I'm running a guide refresh, right now.

UPDATE:

3.2.28.4 has one more day full of data than stable release

Edited by Doofus

csadoian

I'm ok with the xml file for now. I wish it had the show images but it's ok. My main concern is being able to record shows and the xml is letting me handle that. I'm sure this will get patched up soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Since switching to the XML file I notice the Season/Episode information is not being included in the download, so Emby is recording the episodes as "Season Unknown".  It is also causing some problems when I try to do a series record.  For example, I like to record the my local news each night at 6pm.  No matter what I do, I cannot get it to series record the news.  It will record the episode I start with, but after that it refuses to record any more episodes, no matter what options I use.  I have to manually record each episode for now.   A minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience, nonetheless.

So far my local news is the only program I have noticed so far that I cannot get to series record.

Also, I had to re-enter in all my series record settings.  Apparently the XML guide data does not "line up" with the guide data I previously used to create the series record settings.  While Emby shows it is scheduled to record a particular episode, when the time comes to record it Emby does not do it (even though it is listed in the Schedule).  So I had to delete each series record and re-enter it for the time being.  Not a big deal, since I only have around 10 series records going right now.

I had to install Emby again on my unRAID box due to an issue with the cache drive.  Since then I am having the issue with missing guide data on most channels.

I tired to install the unRAID Emby beta and got the same result.

In looking at this thread it appears that there is no solution to this problem.

But...there may be a workaround by creating a xml file instead of using the Schedules Direct guide provider.

Am I correct in assuming that the Guide Provider for schedules direct is currently broken in the current release?  

Am I correct in assuming that the Guide Provider for schedules direct is currently broken in the current release?  

No, it looks like we are assuming some data to be present and then having a breakdown when it's not there. So this is being corrected for the next release. It is not related to recent change introduced in emby server. It's just something that has never been an issue until now.

relink2013

I am running the beta docker on unraid, how would i go about updating? I am still on the .4 beta

Never mind, I think i figured it out. I will report back if this has solved the issue for me. I just came across this thread today because i am having the exact same issue, on top of everything just being unbearably slow.

Edited by relink2013

relink2013

In the meantime while I wait for the guide to update, does anyone know why it would take over 5 hours for the guide to update? also just browsing the Emby interface (web, Theater, and iOS app) is just excruciatingly slow? Actually playing content is lightning fast however, at least for Live TV, haven't had a chance to try anything else yet.

Im running unraid on a Core i7 4790s with 32GB of ram, the only downside I see is that I am running the docker from the protected array and not the SSD cache, but that will be changing tomorrow when my new SSDs get here.

relink2013

UPDATE:

I am only 28% done with the guide update and I already have significantly more guide data than before, and I also now have guide data for channels that have NEVER had data before such as CBS. So to everyone else who is having this issue, it is looking like the .5 beta has fixed the issue. I will post back once the update is complete.

In the meantime while I wait for the guide to update, does anyone know why it would take over 5 hours for the guide to update? also just browsing the Emby interface (web, Theater, and iOS app) is just excruciatingly slow? Actually playing content is lightning fast however, at least for Live TV, haven't had a chance to try anything else yet.

Im running unraid on a Core i7 4790s with 32GB of ram, the only downside I see is that I am running the docker from the protected array and not the SSD cache, but that will be changing tomorrow when my new SSDs get here.

The beta hasn't even been up for one hour .

csadoian

Ok, I installed the beta and did a complete refresh of the guide.  Things look much better, but there are still some channels missing guide data.  My system has three HDHomeRun tuners.  It has a Connect and an Extend for OTA, and a Prime for Comcast Cable.

I don't see anything missing on my OTA, although I have the channels pruned down to only the ones that are relevant (excluding things like home shopping, spanish language, etc).  Roughly 45 stations.

On the Comcast Cable side (Prime Tuner), I am missing things like NICK (SD), some oddballs SD channels like Sundance, FXM, FM, Primo and KIDSCT, GAC, Lifetime, Inspirational Network, and DIY.

Don't see anything missing in the HD area.

Attached is my server log.

Server Log.txt

Ok, I installed the beta and did a complete refresh of the guide.  Things look much better, but there are still some channels missing guide data.  My system has three HDHomeRun tuners.  It has a Connect and an Extend for OTA, and a Prime for Comcast Cable.

I don't see anything missing on my OTA, although I have the channels pruned down to only the ones that are relevant (excluding things like home shopping, spanish language, etc).  Roughly 45 stations.

On the Comcast Cable side (Prime Tuner), I am missing things like NICK (SD), some oddballs SD channels like Sundance, FXM, FM, Primo and KIDSCT, GAC, Lifetime, Inspirational Network, and DIY.

Don't see anything missing in the HD area.

Attached is my server log.

Maybe some need to be manually mapped. Try checking the mapping feature to see that all your tuner channels have scheduled direct channels assigned to them.

csadoian

Maybe some need to be manually mapped. Try checking the mapping feature to see that all your tuner channels have scheduled direct channels assigned to them.

I checked Comcast Channel 124 NIK, and it is correctly mapped to Nickelodeon on Schedules Direct.  I can check the others, but if NIK is correctly mapped, I'm assuming the other are, too.

It's strange that all my missing guide data seems to be in just the SD section of Comcast.  Nothing missing in the HD section that I can see.

csadoian

I haven't attempted to rescan my channels on any of the HDHomerun boxes.  Kinda scared to do that, since I have many channels disabled and I didn't want to have to go through all that again!  It takes quite a while to disable channels on the HDHomeRun tuner, especially on a cable system, since there are so many.  I have most of the SD channels disabled.  The only reason I have anything in SD enabled on the tuner is if they don't have a corresponding HD channel.

csadoian

Luke, would it help if I gave you the exact Comcast channel numbers that are lacking guide data?

relink2013

The beta hasn't even been up for one hour .

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the slowness is an issue I have been having since before updating to the beta.

However after updating to the latest beta, I now have guide data for every channel except "FUSE", which oddly enough that's the only channel I had an issue with in npvr too, so I don't think that's an emby issue. So far what ever changed has made a difference.

As far as the slowness in my install I will start a new thread for that, because it's much more than just the guide data that's slow

csadoian

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the slowness is an issue I have been having since before updating to the beta.

However after updating to the latest beta, I now have guide data for every channel except "FUSE", which oddly enough that's the only channel I had an issue with in npvr too, so I don't think that's an emby issue. So far what ever changed has made a difference.

As far as the slowness in my install I will start a new thread for that, because it's much more than just the guide data that's slow

FYI FUSE shows up in my guide, Comcast Digital Cable (Fresno Area), channel 779.  Don't know about the SD (channel 476) version, since I block that channel in the HDHomeRun Prime itself.

Guest asrequested

Both stable and beta 3.2.28.5 just ran a refresh guide. They show the same data, missing. And there's more missing today, that there was yesterday. Yesterday, I only had data missing in the last few days, but today there's data missing throughout. And it's the same networks missing data, day after day. But in the last few days, on the beta, it stays consistent with what is missing, whereas on stable, there's a lot more missing

Edited by Doofus

Both stable and beta 3.2.28.5 just ran a refresh guide. They show the same data, missing. And there's more missing today, that there was yesterday. Yesterday, I only had data missing in the last few days, but today there's data missing throughout. And it's the same networks missing data, day after day.

How to report a problem. Thanks !

garyan2

Everyone, this is not a HDHomerun problem or even an emby problem other than not handling an error in the json response from Schedules Direct. Attached is a response sample for schedule Md5 values (.../schedules/md5). Notice station "10661" contains no md5 data which means no schedule data. If emby doesn't recognize the error, or aware of previous cached schedules for the station, then you end up with nothing in the guide for that station.

{
    "74348": {
        "2017-08-25": {
            "code": 0,
            "message": "OK",
            "lastModified": "2017-08-24T18:44:26Z",
            "md5": "CUdNivy086s\/IjQujY3tOw"
        },
        "2017-08-26": {
            "lastModified": "2017-08-24T18:44:26Z",
            "md5": "mzWACV6X+QokLFpI+scrxw"
        }
    },
    "10661": [],
    "10338": {
        "2017-08-25": {
            "lastModified": "2017-08-24T18:35:49Z",
            "md5": "Dv+h1vJn6pMVWbMIfHUnGA"
        },
        "2017-08-26": {
            "lastModified": "2017-08-24T18:35:49Z",
            "md5": "AmXB8lH5xUK7LZP09j8iag"
        }
    },

I sent this example the Schedules Direct so it should be corrected soon. We've dealt with this plenty of times in the past with EPG123. Luckily, for WMC it means the channels with missing data simply don't get refreshed/updated that day... nothing disappears from the guide.

• Like 1

As of this morning all of my OTA stations appear to be fully populated on Version 3.2.28.5 beta.

But...the production version still will not populate more than 2 stations.  

csadoian

This morning version 3.2.28.5 beta shows almost no missing guide data.  Some of the ones from yesterday that were blank like DIY, Sundance and GAC are now populated.  Not missing any guide data in the OTA stations.  Only missing about 3 in my Comcast channels, and luckily I never watch them so not having any guide data for them doesn't affect me.