Guide Problems

csadoian

csadoian

It's times like this a "manual record" option would be nice (i.e. tell Emby to record on channel xx starting at xx:xx for xx amount of time).  My old TIVO could do that!

TylerV76

It's times like this a "manual record" option would be nice (i.e. tell Emby to record on channel xx starting at xx:xx for xx amount of time).  My old TIVO could do that!

Ive resorted to reinstalling my plex server to handle the dvr functions for now and using emby for live TV. My Tablo just sold so its back in the box. 

Hopefully this is an easy fix and one of the mods can chime in to let us know whats happened. 

Response from SD ...

OK, none of those logs mean anything to me because I don't run Emby. I would need an Emby dev to tell me what they're seeing (or not seeing) with the data so that I can determine if there's something happening on our side. No other application developer has contacted me to say that the data is wrong.

rt@schedulesdirect.org

TylerV76

I'm looking into it, thanks guys.

Thank you for looking into this.

I was able to create an xml file using mc2xml and directing it to my schedules direct account. I assume I have to manually run this file every few days to update the data? This will work for now until there is a fix for directly using the schedules direct option.

Edit: I set it up as a daily task under windows task scheduler to update the xml automatically everyday. If any of the other people having issues with this guide data want to know what Ive done, here are the steps. 

Download mc2xml from here: http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

Create a folder on your server where you want the data stored called mc2xml

Place the mc2xml.exe in that folder and open the exe file. 

Fill in your post code and select the schedules direct option. I also selected "new" in the optional section. This will open a command window that will download the data xml file into the same folder.

In emby, delete your schedules direct tv guide and add a new one under the XML TV option. Point emby to the newly created xml file and hit save. This will refresh the EPG.

Run it automatically:

Open windows task scheduler

Create a basic task

Name it whatever you like and add a description

Select Daily

Decide on a time for it to run

Select Start a program

Hit browse and locate the folder you created for mc2xml and select the mc2xml.exe 

In the "Start In (optional)" Point to the folder the exe is stored in. For me it was "T:\mc2xml"

Click next, then finish and you're all set.

This gave me today and 6 more days of data so Ive changed emby to only show 6 days in the TV Guide. Also, this will not give you cover art for shows.

Edited by TylerV76
  • Like 1

If any of you run the beta server, please let me know if the issue persists on 3.2.28.4. Thanks.

TylerV76

If any of you run the beta server, please let me know if the issue persists on 3.2.28.4. Thanks.

I installed the .3 beta last night and the same problem persisted. The beta also had a hard time finding my tuners. Will try the .4 now.

Edited by TylerV76

TylerV76

problem persists in the .4 beta as well. It found my tuners normally btw.

csadoian

Thank you for looking into this.

I was able to create an xml file using mc2xml and directing it to my schedules direct account. I assume I have to manually run this file every few days to update the data? This will work for now until there is a fix for directly using the schedules direct option.

Edit: I set it up as a daily task under windows task scheduler to update the xml automatically everyday. If any of the other people having issues with this guide data want to know what Ive done, here are the steps. 

Download mc2xml from here: http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

Create a folder on your server where you want the data stored called mc2xml

Place the mc2xml.exe in that folder and open the exe file. 

Fill in your post code and select the schedules direct option. I also selected "new" in the optional section. This will open a command window that will download the data xml file into the same folder.

In emby, delete your schedules direct tv guide and add a new one under the XML TV option. Point emby to the newly created xml file and hit save. This will refresh the EPG.

Run it automatically:

Open windows task scheduler

Create a basic task

Name it whatever you like and add a description

Select Daily

Decide on a time for it to run

Select Start a program

Hit browse and locate the folder you created for mc2xml and select the mc2xml.exe 

In the "Start In (optional)" Point to the folder the exe is stored in. For me it was "T:\mc2xml"

Click next, then finish and you're all set.

This gave me today and 6 more days of data so Ive changed emby to only show 6 days in the TV Guide. Also, this will not give you cover art for shows.

Thanks for this ... I was able to get my guide back for the time being, I can record shows again.  :lol:

I have another computer I set up as a test system that I installed Emby Server on, I will use that to test possible solutions that Luke comes up with.

TylerV76

Thanks for this ... I was able to get my guide back for the time being, I can record shows again.  :lol:

I have another computer I set up as a test system that I installed Emby Server on, I will use that to test possible solutions that Luke comes up with.

NM answered my own question

Edited by TylerV76

csadoian

TylerV76,

I noticed that after I used the mc2xml I didn't get any channel icons.  I should mention that I completely wiped out my Emby server and started over from scratch, so icons that were there before were erased.

I can live without the icons for now, but I was wondering if there was an option in mc2xml that would download them.  I didn't see anything, and I used the Schedules Direct (not Schedules Direct JSON) and option -a NEW.

TylerV76

TylerV76,

I noticed that after I used the mc2xml I didn't get any channel icons.  I should mention that I completely wiped out my Emby server and started over from scratch, so icons that were there before were erased.

I can live without the icons for now, but I was wondering if there was an option in mc2xml that would download them.  I didn't see anything, and I used the Schedules Direct (not Schedules Direct JSON) and option -a NEW.

Yeah the xml wont give you cover art for the "On Now" section. Thats the only downside. I still have the channel logos in the guide but so far I havent figured out how to get the "On Now" images.

problem persists in the .4 beta as well. It found my tuners normally btw.

Can you provide a new log file? thanks.

TylerV76

Can you provide a new log file? thanks.

No problem, give me a few to reinstall it and reload it. I deleted it right after testing lol.

Guest asrequested

Today I had a lot of data, missing. I have 2 primes. I ran the HDHR setup software, when to channel line up and re-scanned all channels on both units. I then ran refresh guide. All data is again, populated. Maybe this could help others? 

TylerV76

Today I had a lot of data, missing. I have 2 primes. I ran the HDHR setup software, when to channel line up and re-scanned all channels on both units. I then ran refresh guide. All data is again, populated. Maybe this could help others?

Do you know what firmware your primes have?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Guest asrequested

Do you know what firmware your primes have?

When I started the setup software, it initiated an update. After that, I ran the scans.

599e46f1d9983_Snapshot_166.jpg

TylerV76

When I started the setup software, it initiated an update. After that, I ran the scans.

Interesting. Ok let me try that real quick.

TylerV76

Unfortunately that doesnt appear to have worked. It seems like when I added the schedules direct it stored some the old data and added a little new data. When I look 7 days, out where there wasnt any data from the xml, its still missing a bunch. 

Guest asrequested

Unfortunately that doesnt appear to have worked. It seems like when I added the schedules direct it stored some the old data and added a little new data. When I look 7 days, out where there wasnt any data from the xml, its still missing a bunch. 

Ah, yeah. I hadn't looked further in the guide. My data was missing, starting today. That came back. But when I look further, in my case, 12 days. I see missing data.

599e4c0a50644_Snapshot_167.jpg

TylerV76

Ah, yeah. I hadn't looked further in the guide. My data was missing, starting today. That came back. But when I look further, in my case, 12 days. I see missing data.

599e4c0a50644_Snapshot_167.jpg

I'm ok with the xml file for now. I wish it had the show images but it's ok. My main concern is being able to record shows and the xml is letting me handle that. I'm sure this will get patched up soon.