EmBook - Proper support for AudioBooks

Inrego

Inrego

It's most likely related to Google thinking there are too many requests too quickly from your ip address. I thought I had solved these issues, but I'll take a look at it again.

If you open the url https://www.googleapis.com/books/v1/volumes?q=isbn:9789021004211&startIndex=0&maxResults=5&key=AIzaSyBTrV-3gLP_cZn6tQM9nj_Mqh37IYjYT9A

Do you get an error from google? Or just empty result (if in doubt, you can send the response her)

Dibbes

It seems you're right... I wasn't aware google had a daily limit...

{
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "dailyLimitExceeded",
    "message": "Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/books.googleapis.com/quotas?project=284705081023",
    "extendedHelp": "https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/books.googleapis.com/quotas?project=284705081023"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/books.googleapis.com/quotas?project=284705081023"
 }
}

Inrego

iOS app is submitted to the App Store. I don't really know why, but I have this gut feeling it'll probably get rejected. I guess I've read too many horror stories on the web :P

Damn it was quite a process. I've spent more time submitting the app to App Store, than development time for iOS. I haven't spent too much time yet on iOS though, which the "known issues" list can attest.

Response already! Yes, it was rejected - but for unexpected reasons.

First, they don't want me mentioning Android in the description (I just mention that the app works for multiple platforms).

Second, they want me to make a video of how to use the app, recording me using the app on a physical device. Now, I don't own any iOS devices, but I'm certain I can borrow from a friend.

mediacowboy

Is the api key used for everyone using the app? If so I can already see a problem as I haven't looked for books today and getting a 403 error message saying forbidden.

Inrego

Is the api key used for everyone using the app? If so I can already see a problem as I haven't looked for books today and getting a 403 error message saying forbidden.

Yes it is. The quota is 1000 requests per day. I can send a request to have it raised which I will do now. I will also look into if plugin does any unnecessary requests, because I think 1000 sounds like a lot with the limited set of users I believe there is at the moment.

mediacowboy

Would it make more since for everyone who uses the app to get their own api

Inrego

Would it make more since for everyone who uses the app to get their own api

It's an option that I have considered. This will be the last resort. Another option is also calling the api's without api key (not sure what the quota is here, but it is possible).

Inrego

I've uploaded new version of server plugin, with the following changes:

• Now uses Tags instead of Sort Title for keeping tabs on which books have already been processed.
  • Fixed an issue where a book would keep being processed on each run (wasn't saving change to Sort Title - now Tags - properly).

I've also uploaded a new version of Android app to Play Store. Changes:

• Fixed problems with continually caching files while playing.
  • Added delete all files button in file list.
  • Files are now downloaded in order instead of at the same time. Should also fix problems with queueing in the wrong order.
  • Added about page with version number.

Also added some automation to versioning, so version numbers should be consistent across all apps and server plugin, and easy for me to update. This is more useful for me than you :D

Sireone

Is it possible to have EmBook open directly to the chapter where you left off instead of you selecting the server, then Books, selecting the book, then the name of the book, then the first book in the series and finally Play.

Inrego

Is it possible to have EmBook open directly to the chapter where you left off instead of you selecting the server, then Books, selecting the book, then the name of the book, then the first book in the series and finally Play.

It is most definitely on my mind, and something I will implement some way or another!

I'm thinking a new default page along the lines of "On Deck" or "On Device" that will show the books that you have at least 1 file cached for.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Edited by Inrego

Sireone

It is most definitely on my mind, and something I will implement some way or another!

I'm thinking a new default page along the lines of "On Deck" or "On Device" that will show the books that you have at least 1 file cached for.

Right, similar to how the Emby app has the 'Continue Watching' section and you can just hit the Play button to continue where you left off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mediacowboy

I still can not connect on 4G LTE. I even deleted the app and added it back. After entering my account it takes me to the servers page with no servers.

Sireone

Right, similar to how the Emby app has the 'Continue Watching' section and you can just hit the Play button to continue where you left off.

Also noticed that my Emby server takes about 5-7 seconds to show up before I can navigate through to my book chapter.

mediacowboy

I know the server plugin is for audiobooks only but could this be made to get book data as well?

Edited by mediacowboy

Inrego

I know the server plugin is for audiobooks only but could this be made to get book data as well?

Have you checked out the Bookshelf plugin? https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Plugins/tree/master/Bookshelf

I stole most of the metadata code from that plugin, and reworked a bit to work as a scheduled task instead, as well as the isbn.txt file and Tag.

Inrego

I still can not connect on 4G LTE. I even deleted the app and added it back. After entering my account it takes me to the servers page with no servers.

I tested this out, and it looks like you need port forward to emby in order to connect remotely.

If your router supports UPnP, it should happen automagically. If not, you should set up port forwarding to emby's port (default is 8096).

mediacowboy

I tested this out, and it looks like you need port forward to emby in order to connect remotely.

If your router supports UPnP, it should happen automagically. If not, you should set up port forwarding to emby's port (default is 8096).

I dad turned off upnp in emby. I turned it on and restarted and still nothing. I will let it sit over night and check back in the morning.

Inrego

I dad turned off upnp in emby. I turned it on and restarted and still nothing. I will let it sit over night and check back in the morning.

I'm not sure when Emby does it. But I'd try a server restart

mediacowboy

Thanks for all your help. I figured it out. Back when I built this server not only did I turn off upnp but I had it running on a different port. Well then I retired an older one and moved this on to the same port but forgot to change the remote port. Everything is working now.

Sireone

I noticed that if listening to a chapter and get a phone call, not only does it not resume after the call, when I hit play, it starts from the beginning of the chapter. I then have to seek to where I left off.

Inrego

I noticed that if listening to a chapter and get a phone call, not only does it not resume after the call, when I hit play, it starts from the beginning of the chapter. I then have to seek to where I left off.

Thank you for the report. I will look into it.

Jack Burton

Still having log in issues. I've tried the app on 3 android devices (LG G5, LG G3, and Galaxy S3) and each one crashes on the server select. I do have 2 options for servers, one is my active server, the other is the first one I used to test. Thought it was deleted but I guess not. Selecting either server cause the app to crash.

Inrego

Still having log in issues. I've tried the app on 3 android devices (LG G5, LG G3, and Galaxy S3) and each one crashes on the server select. I do have 2 options for servers, one is my active server, the other is the first one I used to test. Thought it was deleted but I guess not. Selecting either server cause the app to crash.

Is the phone on the same network as the server? Or is it remote connection?

Jack Burton

Is the phone on the same network as the server? Or is it remote connection?

Same network. Tried the G5 remotely as well and same thing