Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

rbjtech
53 minutes ago, CBers said:

@Cheesegeezer / @chef Would it be possible to change the log entry for each of the 3 scheduled tasks so that they are easily identified?

It may even help yourselves debugging stuff with only having to filter for one of them.

Perhaps:

Intro Skip Audio
Intro Skip Episode
Intro Skip Chapters

OR

Intro Skip A
Intro Skip E
Intro Skip C

Just a thought.

The Class needs to stay as 'Intro Skip' (as it uses the Plugin Name') but the Message could be prefixed by the stage - FP, Detect or Chapter - I agree.

Chapter already does - but it repeats Introskip as well ...  

.. probably not top of the list at the moment but in the strive for perfection ;) I'll add to the list .. 

log.PNG.eabdcd78ffeeaa300fceb3b413ecda9e.PNG

edit - btw - this is an old log, I would also need to filter for type = 'Debug' to get these messages now..

Edited by rbjtech

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

The Class needs to stay as 'Intro Skip' (as it uses the Plugin Name') but the Message could be prefixed by the stage - FP, Detect or Chapter - I agree.

I've removed all of the Introskip prefixes now

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

I also think that if @chef new detection code is a mega winner -- we can Consolidate the FP and Detection tasks into 1 Task to avoid confusion for the masses when released.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

.. probably not top of the list at the moment but in the strive for perfection ;) I'll add to the list .. 

log.PNG.eabdcd78ffeeaa300fceb3b413ecda9e.PNG

edit - btw - this is an old log, I would also need to filter for type = 'Debug' to get these messages now..

what is that notepad reader you are using mate? You can see below the tidy up, and whether it's part of the task running or if it's editing the chapters.

image.thumb.png.03a882622560718c12d074e42b942aeb.png

• Like 1

rbjtech

Yea indeed - the new detection code I am going to wait for lol.

The FP task took 38 Hours - set to 2 streams.  

sequence.dB size is 2.25Gb

Using the plugin to look at the shows (no Detection yet) - it took maybe 5 seconds for the initial load but jumping to a show/season is maybe half a second - perfectly good enough imo.

Before it was taking a good 10+ seconds per selection - so massive improvement there.

The key test is the detection though - so I'm going to make a copy, and then try on the current detect code - that way we have something to benchmark it against.

Then I can just restore the file and re-run as required.. 👍

Edited by rbjtech

Micael456
54 minutes ago, Markadmin said:

Got fpcalc in and working (or it does from cmd line at least :) still the same issue tho :(

2021-09-16 11:11:30.450 Debug TaskManager: Rotate log file Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2021-09-16 11:11:30.468 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 192.168.1.xx. Time: 19ms. http://192.168.1.xx:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=5fefad25-926e-43ce-babc-ff1b08aab5ff&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.4.0
2021-09-16 11:11:37.799 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://192.168.1.xx:xx/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/204c741e7e9a5df0bf6ee63667d9289d?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=5fefad25-926e-43ce-babc-ff1b08aab5ff&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.4.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.82 Safari/537.36
2021-09-16 11:11:37.800 Debug TaskManager: Executing Episode Audio Fingerprinting
2021-09-16 11:11:37.800 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to 192.168.1.xx. Time: 2ms. http://192.168.1.202:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/204c741e7e9a5df0bf6ee63667d9289d?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=5fefad25-926e-43ce-babc-ff1b08aab5ff&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.4.0
2021-09-16 11:11:37.801 Info Intro Skip: Starting episode fingerprint task.
2021-09-16 11:11:37.805 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://192.168.1.xx:xx/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=5fefad25-926e-43ce-babc-ff1b08aab5ff&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.4.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.82 Safari/537.36
2021-09-16 11:11:37.807 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 192.168.1.xx. Time: 2ms. http://192.168.1.xx:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=5fefad25-926e-43ce-babc-ff1b08aab5ff&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.4.0
2021-09-16 11:11:37.811 Info Intro Skip: Chroma-print database contains 0 items.
2021-09-16 11:11:37.837 Debug Intro Skip: The s(2020) - S:1 - E:1: Extracting chunks from binary chroma-print.
2021-09-16 11:11:37.838 Warn Intro Skip: The s(2020) - S:1 - E:1 .bin file doesn't exist.

@Markadmin,

Possibly a silly question, but when you installed the plugin dll and give it execute permissions, did you also remember to excecute chmod and chown to make "emby" the owner of the dll?

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

what is that notepad reader you are using mate? You can see below the tidy up, and whether it's part of the task running or if it's editing the chapters.

https://github.com/Scarfsail/AdvancedLogViewer

Once you have setup a 'template' to read the emby log format - then you can just filter/parse all the IntroSkip messages with a single click .. :)

If you want to have a play - this is my parser for any emby log :

alv.PNG.42212725392012094f693ff627808356.PNG

alv2.PNG.2fabc571f0eef88b9bccba18ce475b5c.PNG

• Thanks 3

A Feature Request for the future, but when you have a TV show with multiple seasons (TBBT = 12), it's a pain having to change the seasons when checking the Title Sequences, so could you add an All Seasons so that all episode are listed in one page please?

Thanks.

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, CBers said:

A Feature Request for the future, but when you have a TV show with multiple seasons (TBBT = 12), it's a pain having to change the seasons when checking the Title Sequences, so could you add an All Seasons so that all episode are listed in one page please?

Thanks.

What about CSI then lol..... 

Markadmin
23 minutes ago, Micael456 said:

@Markadmin,

Possibly a silly question, but when you installed the plugin dll and give it execute permissions, did you also remember to excecute chmod and chown to make "emby" the owner of the dll?

Hi yes its got full access (I 777'd it just in case) - it seems that it can use the DLL fine as it loads up the plugin settings / scheduled task bits 

2 hours ago, Markadmin said:

Hi - im 100% doing something wrong here but would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. Im running Emby in a Docker container on an Unraid server. I have copied the dll to the plugin folder and I can see the plugin and the options in scheduled tasks but when i try to run the audio part it completes in seconds and all I see repeated through the logs is :

2021-09-16 09:53:45.850 Warn Intro Skip: bin file doesn't exist

I have 777'd all Media files and folders so it shouldnt be a permissions issue. Could anyone point me in the correct direction? (Just swapped from Plex and this is an awesome feature!)

That is an ffmpeg not containing the chromaprint functionality yet.

It's in the beta server, but I believe will be in a stable version released  soon.

Keep watching the thread, and it would be great to get so e feedback from a Plex user. 

Does the Title Sequences page for a Show/Season not get updated dynamically?

I have the task processing a show, but although it's done a few already, it's not showing in the TS page.
image.thumb.png.44e6506835d8abb668b0f36b4df2cf3b.png

2021-09-16 12:37:31.159 Info Intro Skip: Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Season 1 - Episode 2 title sequence found - detection took 7 seconds.
2021-09-16 12:38:59.287 Info Intro Skip: Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Season 1 - Episode 3 title sequence found - detection took 7 seconds.
2021-09-16 12:41:39.220 Info Intro Skip: Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Season 1 - Episode 5 title sequence found - detection took 7 seconds.

Edited by CBers

@CBers I think I know what went wrong with your task.

I will put an update on GitHu and here this morning.

There was a task progress report which finished the task to early. 

I dont  know how it got moved, but it did.

It should be fixed.

You might not even have to remove the database file. 

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Markadmin
5 minutes ago, chef said:

It's in the beta server, but I believe will be in a stable version released  soon.

Keep watching the thread, and it would be great to get so e feedback from a Plex user. 

ahh! great stuff thanks, cant wait :)

Micael456
11 minutes ago, Markadmin said:

Hi yes its got full access (I 777'd it just in case) - it seems that it can use the DLL fine as it loads up the plugin settings / scheduled task bits 

Ahah I actually meant chgrp as well, not chown, as I forgot the first time around. But if you 777d should be fine.

I thought the linux branch had chromaprint enabled already, but based on what @chef is saying possibly that doesn't apply for the docker builds :).

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, chef said:

Is it the same Ffmpeg that is saved in the emby system folder for linux and windows or are they different and specific to an OS

You guys are posting a hundred posts or so a day and I'm part time on this so I cannot keep up. Can you link me to the latest dll so I can test again?

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, Sammy said:

You guys are posting a hundred posts or so a day and I'm part time on this so I cannot keep up. Can you link me to the latest dll so I can test again?

Hold fire because we are on fire!!! 

Chef will upload a new one later on today.  This will be the one to test as it has fixes in it and also a new detection algorithm that is fricken AWESOME!!!!

However all the latest dll files are posted on this thread now

IntroSkip Instructions & Beta Releases - Tools and Utilities - Emby Community

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Hey Sammy, I will post a new one this morning. I will '@' you on the post so you don't miss it. We appreciate your involvement! Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
17 minutes ago, chef said:

There was a task progress report which finished the task to early. 

I dont  know how it got moved, but it did.

I promise it wasn't me, i don't even go into your side lol 

There is pull request up for some stuff and i started a PM for us devs which has all the details in

Just now, Cheesegeezer said:

I promise it wasn't me, i don't even go into your side lol 

There is pull request up for some stuff and i started a PM for us devs which has all the details in

It was me, I can see when it got moved in the code comparison. It was that morning when I messed everything up last week.

It's fixed. My bad. 😬

• Haha 1

BillOatman

Man this is getting so good and so close I can taste it.  

@chef or @Cheesegeezerdo you have any incriminating photos of anyone you can use as leverage to get Emby changed to add the skip button to the UI? ;)

• Haha 4