BUG: metadata release date out by 1 day. On all movies.

Guest topbanana

Guest topbanana

EDIT:
Initial title: "BUG: metadata date wrong if imdb release date is 1/1/nnnn"
Changing due to bug applying to all movies, the date is a day out for all of them.

Original Post.
--------------
I've just noticed with a couple of films, old ones, that emby gets the year and date wrong is themoviedb's entry lists the release date as the 1st of January of that year, showing the 31st of December the year before instead.

I'm guessing the exact release date wasn't known perhaps, for the old film, so 1/1 is entered...

What i see (e.g. a 1977 movie):

TheMovieDB's website lists Release Date (for an example) as 1977

Emby's page for the movie shows 1976 [wrong]

Emby's metadata page shows Release Date as 31/12/1976 [wrong]

Emby's metadata page shows Year as 1977 [correct]

If i delete the metadata Release Date and refresh the movie in emby, then:

Emby's page for the movie shows 1977 [correct]

Emby's metadata page shows Release Date as 31/12/1976 [wrong]

Emby's metadata page shows Year as 1977 [correct]

So the refresh makes the movie look correct, unless you actually look at the metadata/info page.

Is this some weird timezone error???  Tmdb's release date entry was for Israel, i'm in Indonesia...   It's the only thing i can think off... but it shouldn't cause this, should it??? ...  Strange.
Edited by topbanana

Guest topbanana

OK.

So i've checked a couple of random other movies.

They all have the Release Date in emby as the day before the Release Date listed on themoviedb's page.

So the initial post, with the date listed as 1st January, just meant that this bug showed up, as then the year was shown wrong.
Edited the title to reflect.

Edited by topbanana

Guest topbanana

omfg..........

That massive thread only discussed TV shows, as it obviously show up wrong for almost every tv show, for all us UTC+nn folk.

But be aware that it is also wrong for EVERY movie emby has ID'd.   Tho, at least, you'd only notice it for the 1st January Release Date movies, causing the year to be wrong, which are likely to only be the old/rare movies where nobody knows the actual release date.

Lets hope this gets fixed, as it needs be, soon....

Thinking, with a library data type set to Movies, implementing a fudge should be relatively easy? (relative to the TV Shows)  As the times can be completely ignored.