Jump to content
solabc16

H/W Transcoding on Evansport (DS415play/DS214play) Machines

Recommended Posts

benjibarnicals
Posted (edited)

Hey all, I'm running a DS415Play with the latest DSM and Emby (4.4.3.0), and did the ffmpeg hack, though all I get when trying to transcode files (files written in h264 AAC2.0) is after about 5 seconds "No compatible streams are currently available". They will play Direct Play fine. I've got a Premiere license, I view my content on an LG WebOS3.5 TV using the Emby Theatre app (latest version). When I did the hack to turn it on, I stoped/started the Emby package.

And secondly, I can't run the disable method as I get the error:

Validating Version   : FAILED
ERROR: Switch component returned an error, exiting script.

I don't know what "version" I should use, as I can't find out what version it had originally before the hack.

Any ideas on why the hacked method isn't working (ie. giving me the stream error) or why.I can't revert ffmpeg back, as now I can no longer play videos I tried to transcode as it will automatically try to transcode that video next time I try to play it, and won't allow me to select Direct Play.

I've attached a log, hope this helps.

 

 

EDIT: I've fixed the switchcomp issue, I found the latest version was ffmpeg 4.3.0 so it successfully switched it back to this version. So, the main issue is now why when I enable the hack does none of my media videos hardware transcode and throws up the No Streams error?

ffmpeg-transcode-615bf978-284b-4e2d-bb4f-e03813bf71ff_1.txt

Edited by benjibarnicals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
26 minutes ago, benjibarnicals said:

Hey all, I'm running a DS415Play with the latest DSM and Emby (4.4.3.0), and did the ffmpeg hack, though all I get when trying to transcode files (files written in h264 AAC2.0) is after about 5 seconds "No compatible streams are currently available". They will play Direct Play fine. I've got a Premiere license, I view my content on an LG WebOS3.5 TV using the Emby Theatre app (latest version). When I did the hack to turn it on, I stoped/started the Emby package.

And secondly, I can't run the disable method as I get the error:

Validating Version   : FAILED
ERROR: Switch component returned an error, exiting script.

I don't know what "version" I should use, as I can't find out what version it had originally before the hack.

Any ideas on why the hacked method isn't working (ie. giving me the stream error) or why.I can't revert ffmpeg back, as now I can no longer play videos I tried to transcode as it will automatically try to transcode that video next time I try to play it, and won't allow me to select Direct Play.

I've attached a log, hope this helps.

 

 

EDIT: I've fixed the switchcomp issue, I found the latest version was ffmpeg 4.3.0 so it successfully switched it back to this version. So, the main issue is now why when I enable the hack does none of my media videos hardware transcode and throws up the No Streams error?

ffmpeg-transcode-615bf978-284b-4e2d-bb4f-e03813bf71ff_1.txt 8.34 kB · 0 downloads

Hi there, I would suggest taking a look at this:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benjibarnicals
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, I would suggest taking a look at this:

 

Ok, and would that be installing the BETA 4.5.0 version? As I already have the most recent stable 4.4.3.

Edited by benjibarnicals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

That or you can wait for the upcoming 4.5 stable release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benjibarnicals
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

That or you can wait for the upcoming 4.5 stable release.

Ahhh cheers, any idea when the stable release is out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Hopefully soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
patje57
14 hours ago, benjibarnicals said:

Ok, and would that be installing the BETA 4.5.0 version? As I already have the most recent stable 4.4.3.

DS415play/DS214play are 32bit and require specific installer, i don't see that on the page Luke refers too. The Syno package made available there won't install on these machines.

Maybe i overlooked something, if so Luke will certainly tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Sorry my mistake. Yes you are right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...