Why isn't Emby available in the Samsung store for all countries?

eddienanousi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

• Solution

Great news everyone. Another 40 countries have been added, and according to our Samsung developer portal, the app is available in over 60 countries now. Too many to list :)

Please check and see if the app is available in your country. If not then rest assured we are working on releasing in more countries.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

BiTeTHeBiGG

So, now that the app is in the store for my country, awaiting with plesdutr for the update to the latest release 😀 (as mine now was downgraded)

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

FrostByte
52 minutes ago, BiTeTHeBiGG said:

So, now that the app is in the store for my country, awaiting with plesdutr for the update to the latest release 😀 (as mine now was downgraded)

The store version will always be behind the usb version even after things get back to normal.  The usb version is meant for testing and thus beta so you're getting it before Samsung does.  The store version could be several versions old depending on how many issues testers here find and then how slowly the whole approval process by Samsung goes after that.

Then after your tv is 5 years old Samsung no longer accepts updates.  So, if you want the latest version, you will eventually be back to installing from usb anyway.

Hopefully the whole country update thing wraps up soon though so that Luke can start submitting updates again.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Great news everyone. Another 40 countries have been added, and according to our Samsung developer portal, the app is available in over 60 countries now. Too many to list :)

Please check and see if the app is available in your country. If not then rest assured we are working on releasing in more countries.

Thanks everyone.

Do you have a list by any chance? Because the check I have to reset my tv and revert to Belgium.

I am on the USA store at the moment 

BiTeTHeBiGG
3 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Then after your tv is 5 years old Samsung no longer accepts updates.  So, if you want the latest version, you will eventually be back to installing from usb anyway.

hmm, my tv is older then 5 years. It is from 2016 but already Tizen, so it should not be a matter? I mean even Disney+ is here and this is not that old or is there for each tv series a store? I hope not as this would be a nightmare for samsung itself to manage. I think there just a Tizen store, ins't it?

FrostByte
32 minutes ago, BiTeTHeBiGG said:

hmm, my tv is older then 5 years. It is from 2016 but already Tizen, so it should not be a matter? I mean even Disney+ is here and this is not that old or is there for each tv series a store? I hope not as this would be a nightmare for samsung itself to manage. I think there just a Tizen store, ins't it?

There's only one Tizen store, but the store checks your model year for compatibility, etc.  Even model years which are still supported can fail while other years pass and if your TV didn't pass testing it isn't offered to you.  The reason they do this is because the version of Tizen changes every year.  Their testers then stop testing apps altogether for models after they've reached 5 years. 

@Luke or @SamES would have to confirm, but I believe that may be your last update from the store for 2016s.  I.0.94 is very old.

The only thing I can think of is that Disney+, Netflix are in a different support tier if they are still submitting updates.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, croontje said:

Do you have a list by any chance? Because the check I have to reset my tv and revert to Belgium.

I am on the USA store at the moment 

Belgium is on the list.

• Like 2

parhamsan

Luke,

Can you request on an update for Emby version in the Samsung app store to something newer than 1.2.6, something like 1.4.8.

There is an odd subtitle bug in Emby Version 1.2.6.

QN65Q900RBFXZC from 2019 In Canada.

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, parhamsan said:

Luke,

Can you request on an update for Emby version in the Samsung app store to something newer than 1.2.6, something like 1.4.8.

There is an odd subtitle bug in Emby Version 1.2.6.

QN65Q900RBFXZC from 2019 In Canada.

Thanks!!!

We can only do one thing at a time in the Samsung dev portal, so we have not been able to submit new versions while these country expansion requests have been in-progress. But hopefully soon.

hugepotato

Finally available in Poland after so many years. Thank you team for fighting for this. My parents can finally enjoy Emby on their 2017 Q7 without workarounds

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hugepotato said:

Finally available in Poland after so many years. Thank you team for fighting for this. My parents can finally enjoy Emby on their 2017 Q7 without workarounds

Just fyi Samsung no longer accepts app updates for 2017 models, so unfortunately, we can’t publish an update for your model. That means over time it will fall out of date and may get to a point where you have you consider the usb install again. Well hopefully it doesn’t get to that anytime soon.

5 hours ago, shocker said:

The app is available for Romania

Is not. You confuse with another brand (LG). The app is not available in Romania for Samsung tv 2023 (C series).

54 minutes ago, Coffee85 said:

The app is not available in Romania for Samsung tv 2023 (C series).

It possibly is as Samsung are still to push the update to some 2023 models, so it may be there for older models.  If that's the case then it should get updated soon.

2 minutes ago, SamES said:

It possibly is as Samsung are still to push the update to some 2023 models, so it may be there for older models.  If that's the case then it should get updated soon.

I just checked and this is definitely the case for Romania

shocker
8 hours ago, Coffee85 said:

Is not. You confuse with another brand (LG). The app is not available in Romania for Samsung tv 2023 (C series).

Actually, it's a Panasonic with Tizen OS as it was assembled from multiple spare parts. Not sure what is the value of your comment to be honest.

• Agree 1

shocker
7 hours ago, SamES said:

I just checked and this is definitely the case for Romania

Thanks for this info. I have tested with AU9072 (2021).

It's not showing in the store for my 2 day old 2023 UK CU8500, though it was in the UK store for my old Samsung who decided to die in the Middle of the Rugby world cup!

FrostByte
12 minutes ago, jonnyzap said:

It's not showing in the store for my 2 day old 2023 UK CU8500, though it was in the UK store for my old Samsung who decided to die in the Middle of the Rugby world cup!

Bad timing, but congrats on the upgrade.  

A lot of 2023 models aren't in the store yet.  Once the region updates are done then Luke will submit an app update for all models.  Hopefully that won't be too much longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1