Jump to content

Live TV Channel Groups


mickeyfinn

Recommended Posts

EODCrafter
7 hours ago, Marijuana said:

I put all usa channels in a text

What happens when they update the URL of the Channel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marijuana
6 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

What happens when they update the URL of the Channel?

I use satellite receivers and export my own m3u so if the satellite dish channels did change the url would be changed by me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EODCrafter
3 hours ago, Marijuana said:

I use satellite receivers and export my own m3u so if the satellite dish channels did change the url would be changed by me.

Apples & Oranges.....This needs separated into IPTV Vs OTA. that's the root of the issue, it was all put into 1 packet that doesn't fit.

Like I said, for IPTV, it's best to just renumber the channels in your preferred order and then they will show up in the "Guide" and "On Now" how you prefer. Issue resolved ....for me.

 

Screenshot from 2021-12-09 10-48-32.png

Edited by EODCrafter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Marijuana said:

I made my own groups, for usa I put all usa channels in a text and used emby guide data making sure the guide data is set for usa only then numbered the channels. Next i made another one uk saved to text and used emby guide data making sure it was set to only use with uk numbered channels. Then I did NHL, NFL, Canada, Fighting sports etc. Then using tags on fire stick is a breeze to use I like it, took some time to setup but works really good. The channels that are not english I just ignore those with CCCcam there are loads of junk channels. Mostly I just use 110 & 119 dishnetwork and a couple other crazy CCCcam bins that I cloned for the pay per views. People that don't like the tags just need to give it a chance once you get use to it you will like it.

I have already put my effort into m3u4u.com, I got all my channel groups sorted in the order I want with favorites at the front, all with EPG and Logos for all channels. Any changes I make, or channels i reorder on m3u4u syncs on next refresh to my Tivimate players, solar player etc. Emby does not heed the order but orders alphabetically, it's the poorest client I have

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marijuana
1 hour ago, Pog22 said:

I have already put my effort into m3u4u.com, I got all my channel groups sorted in the order I want with favorites at the front, all with EPG and Logos for all channels. Any changes I make, or channels i reorder on m3u4u syncs on next refresh to my Tivimate players, solar player etc. Emby does not heed the order but orders alphabetically, it's the poorest client I have

So you prefer Tivimate over emby ? I never heard of solar player and Tivimate is not bad but I like emby over other players mainly because I trust it more. For a test I setup tvheadend before and had installed a bunch of iptv players and inserted my playlist from a tvheadend with a login and password and just left the tvheadend screen up with the users connected page showing. Sure enough I started seeing ip addresses pop up on my tvheadend server so that proves that your m3u's you add into these apps are all logged and then even used without peoples consent. With emby I don't have to worry about that ever happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EODCrafter

Interesting, I've been running TV Headend for 4 years and have never seen that. I did hear once that m3u4u is not secure, never used it.

NOTE: (To connect to TVH requires Username/password)

Edited by EODCrafter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EODCrafter
8 hours ago, Pog22 said:

Emby does not heed the order but orders alphabetically, it's the poorest client I have

If only TiviMate had a video Library capability! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marijuana
7 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

Interesting, I've been running TV Headend for 4 years and have never seen that. I did hear once that m3u4u is not secure, never used it.

NOTE: (To connect to TVH requires Username/password)

Should of explained myself better, what I meant was I put my tv list url into players like smarters iptv and a few others and those iptv player apps collect your m3u urls and use them. Just the same as chrome browser free vpn plugins farm all users netflix, disney plus, hulu logins etc, then sell them on ebay or facebook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kikinjo
7 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

If only TiviMate had a video Library capability! :)

It has Video Library, u need to have VOD on iptv panel sorted. Many users use it for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marijuana
1 minute ago, Marijuana said:

Should of explained myself better, what I meant was I put my tv list url into players like smarters iptv and a few others and those iptv player apps collect your m3u urls and use them. Just the same as chrome browser free vpn plugins farm all users netflix, disney plus, hulu logins etc, then sell them on ebay or facebook.

So for tvheadend you could use a url list like this for smarters iptv player http://adam:pass77980@220.120.5.14:9981/playlist/channels then they will grab your playlist and use it themselves or sell it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marijuana
6 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

It has Video Library, u need to have VOD on iptv panel sorted. Many users use it for years.

Some people use seedboxes to build their VOD library or just install rtorrent and make your own personnel torrent streamer, add all your movies to rtorrent inside your network only so no one can use it but you then start building your m3u VOD with it by grabbing the stream link for each one adding it to your own custom m3u list. But why do that ? lol just use emby 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EODCrafter
1 hour ago, kikinjo said:

It has Video Library, u need to have VOD on iptv panel sorted. Many users use it for years.

Not VOD...a Video Library. Most Providers quit offering VOD, or at least mine has. I have 1000's of TV Shows and Movies on a NAS, If the internet goes down, we still have some entertainment.

Edited by EODCrafter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

kikinjo
13 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

Not VOD...a Video Library. Most Providers quit offering VOD, or at least mine has. I have 1000's of TV Shows and Movies on a NAS, If the internet goes down, we still have some entertainment.

Alot of them have VOD, but yes you cant link it to your local library, tivimate was not built for that, its app for iptv and everything IPTV panel offers. Just use emby for it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EODCrafter
8 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

Alot of them have VOD, but yes you cant link it to your local library, tivimate was not built for that, its app for iptv and everything IPTV panel offers. Just use emby for it.

I put in a request, years ago, to have Mate have some sort of Video Library, never got a response. Script kiddie friend of mine wrote a script that turns the NAS into a m3u, but it's just raw links to my Videos....kinda suks.

 

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marijuana
33 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

I put in a request, years ago, to have Mate have some sort of Video Library, never got a response. Script kiddie friend of mine wrote a script that turns the NAS into a m3u, but it's just raw links to my Videos....kinda suks.

 

Yeah that would suck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marijuana
9 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

Interesting, I've been running TV Headend for 4 years and have never seen that. I did hear once that m3u4u is not secure, never used it.

NOTE: (To connect to TVH requires Username/password)

Actually it doesn't require a username or password if you don't want it to just set username as * and leave password blank, then all you need is the ip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EODCrafter
1 minute ago, Marijuana said:

Actually it doesn't require a username or password if you don't want it to just set username as * and leave password blank, then all you need is the ip.

lol, not a good idea if you have it facing the www :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marijuana
2 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

lol, not a good idea if you have it facing the www :)

 

You can set a password to login the server but leave the m3u stream without and no one can see your links ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
jathe

So, If I got the m3u file with tvg-group it will automatic show groups or tags in livetv section??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jathe said:

So, If I got the m3u file with tvg-group it will automatic show groups or tags in livetv section??

It will say Tags but for all intents and purposes you can just pretend that it says Groups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jathe

Let me be more clear on this question.

I have IPTV suscription, there is about 20, 25 categories on it.. I put the url as m3u tunner(I paid embypremiere).

I wont to make manually tags or groups because the list is updated daily(sports events and channels are update daily).

I don't care about guide, I just care about channel "groups" or "categories" to avoid to navigate on all channels.

So, the question is:

Can I add m3u url and get my channels groups or tags without manually do tags or groups?

If yes,

What properties I need in the m3u file ?

 

In this article says only support 4 properties

The following M3U properties are supported:

  • tvg-name - Channel name
  • tvg-id - Channel unique id
  • tvg-chno - Channel number
  • tvg-shift - Number of hours to shift the epg (only used as needed).
  •  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, jathe said:

Let me be more clear on this question.

I have IPTV suscription, there is about 20, 25 categories on it.. I put the url as m3u tunner(I paid embypremiere).

I wont to make manually tags or groups because the list is updated daily(sports events and channels are update daily).

I don't care about guide, I just care about channel "groups" or "categories" to avoid to navigate on all channels.

So, the question is:

Can I add m3u url and get my channels groups or tags without manually do tags or groups?

If yes,

What properties I need in the m3u file ?

 

In this article says only support 4 properties

The following M3U properties are supported:

  • tvg-name - Channel name
  • tvg-id - Channel unique id
  • tvg-chno - Channel number
  • tvg-shift - Number of hours to shift the epg (only used as needed).
  •  

Yes, tvg-group is supposed and you'll see categories in the Tags section. @cayars can update our documentation. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jathe

Is there any option to group/tag image? maybe "tvg-group-logo" or something like that.

The automatic image creation from emby is very ugly(sorry).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jathe said:

Is there any option to group/tag image? maybe "tvg-group-logo" or something like that.

The automatic image creation from emby is very ugly(sorry).

Is tvg-group-logo a thing? I haven't heard of that before but if that's what people are using, we can certainly look into supporting it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...