3 replies to this topic

#1 mickeyfinn OFFLINE  

mickeyfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 AM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:42 PM

It would be great to be able to configure channel groups in LiveTV, which can be selected in the guide view (maybe as tabs) so that we can more quickly navigate to preferred channels using the d-pad.  Perhaps start with Favorites by default, but be able to add custom groups (similar to collections) which we can add channels to (Network, Premium, Basic Cable, Kids, News etc.).

• pir8radio likes this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121604 posts
  • Local time: 08:12 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

If we gave preference to favorite channels and frequently watched channels, would you even need channel groups?

#3 blade005 OFFLINE  

blade005

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 676 posts
  • Local time: 07:12 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

If we gave preference to favorite channels and frequently watched channels, would you even need channel groups?

Luke,

It would still be nice as an option.

With WMC I have a PRIMETIME Channel group that only shows major networks and fits on one page without the need to scroll. (Big deal in WMC layout). I also have a CLASSICS Channel group that just pulls together the classic TV and Movie channels. It is nice to have these custom separate groupings that a favorite or frequently watched default will not always cover.

#4 fu11circ1e OFFLINE  

fu11circ1e

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 AM

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

I have noticed that it has been a while since anyone has asked again for this feature. I am currently using iptv-epg and the option for groups is great. I understand the use of favorites but having another option for groups would be an absolutely fantastic feature to add.

• pir8radio likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: livetv, tv, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users