12 replies to this topic

#1 mickeyfinn OFFLINE  

mickeyfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Local time: 02:23 PM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:42 PM

It would be great to be able to configure channel groups in LiveTV, which can be selected in the guide view (maybe as tabs) so that we can more quickly navigate to preferred channels using the d-pad.  Perhaps start with Favorites by default, but be able to add custom groups (similar to collections) which we can add channels to (Network, Premium, Basic Cable, Kids, News etc.).

• SikSlayer, pir8radio, cayars and 1 other like this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 127151 posts
  • Local time: 09:23 AM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

If we gave preference to favorite channels and frequently watched channels, would you even need channel groups?

#3 blade005 OFFLINE  

blade005

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 680 posts
  • Local time: 08:23 AM

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

If we gave preference to favorite channels and frequently watched channels, would you even need channel groups?

Luke,

It would still be nice as an option.

With WMC I have a PRIMETIME Channel group that only shows major networks and fits on one page without the need to scroll. (Big deal in WMC layout). I also have a CLASSICS Channel group that just pulls together the classic TV and Movie channels. It is nice to have these custom separate groupings that a favorite or frequently watched default will not always cover.

#4 fu11circ1e OFFLINE  

fu11circ1e

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 01:23 PM

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

I have noticed that it has been a while since anyone has asked again for this feature. I am currently using iptv-epg and the option for groups is great. I understand the use of favorites but having another option for groups would be an absolutely fantastic feature to add.

• blade005 and pir8radio like this

#5 tldspectre OFFLINE  

tldspectre

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

I have noticed that it has been a while since anyone has asked again for this feature. I am currently using iptv-epg and the option for groups is great. I understand the use of favorites but having another option for groups would be an absolutely fantastic feature to add.

Agreed. Sports channels are an example where having a group makes sense. I can quickly pull up a list of all my sports channels and browse through to pick which event I want to watch. 

#6 BillOatman OFFLINE  

BillOatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

I agree that channel groups would be very useful.  The shield scrolls very quickly but it is still tedious with a few hundred channels.  The Roku is just a nightmare because of its slowness. 

• cayars likes this

#7 EODCrafter OFFLINE  

EODCrafter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • LocationSouthEastern USA

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

FYI https://github.com/M...mby/issues/2646

https://media.discor...=705&height=257

Edited by EODCrafter, 27 March 2019 - 06:58 PM.

#8 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2853 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:13 AM

Any point to those links?

This thread is older then both of them.  :)

#9 EODCrafter OFFLINE  

EODCrafter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • LocationSouthEastern USA

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:18 AM

Just more info consolidated.

Edited by EODCrafter, 28 March 2019 - 04:19 AM.

• cayars likes this

#10 judgey OFFLINE  

judgey

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

Please add this its needed as there are so many channels now.

#11 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2698 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

If this is a difficult task for @ebr and @Luke  can we get something easy in the meantime...    Like a colored bar across the guide grid that says the group name in the m3u not what is in emby.  

so i would see like a bar across the grid (using one of the channels rows) that says       Sports        then as im scrolling through the guide i know everything below that bar is sports channels...  until i get to the next colored bar that says       USA PPV's       then i know the following channels are PPV channels, etc....     that should be pretty easy right?

Edited by pir8radio, 06 May 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#12 cperez90008 OFFLINE  

cperez90008

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 06:23 AM
  • LocationPalm Springs

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

I think the channel groups would be a great idea the favorite channels and frequently watched are great but to be able to go to the sports tab, or movies tab would be a time saver.

• SikSlayer likes this

#13 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3724 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:27 AM

I think the channel groups would be a great idea the favorite channels and frequently watched are great but to be able to go to the sports tab, or movies tab would be a time saver.

the answer to this is clearly yes. Wmc did it so why are we even questioning it??
  • SikSlayer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: livetv, tv, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users