Live TV / Android TV

Spaceboy

pünktchen

Still no checkmarks for audio with 1.1.99a - with or without vlc for live tv.

But sd channels do direct play again :)

We're going to need to make sure all of this still works on version 1.2.5+ at least as well as it was on previous versions.

We may hit some snags again and need to adjust to them.  Thanks.

pünktchen

We're going to need to make sure all of this still works on version 1.2.5+ at least as well as it was on previous versions.

We may hit some snags again and need to adjust to them.  Thanks.

I can only report about 1.2.5a (Amazon is always behind)...

Direct playback of SD and HD live tv and recordings is working.

Audio stream switching of direct playing live tv and recordings is working (no checkmarks).

Subtitle selection in live tv or recordings results in video format not supported.

So in general it behaves like previous versions, BUT it seems to me that starting a live tv stream takes longer than before.

Sometimes i also get just a spinning circle and no video now when starting a live tv stream. This happens more often when changing a channel via tv guide.

CBers

Hehe, but Amazon's webside lists 1.2.6 since yesterday already [emoji6]

I updated last night and still only had v1.2.5.

Oh well, it'll appear at some point :)

I can only report about 1.2.5a (Amazon is always behind)...

Audio stream switching of direct playing live tv and recordings is working (no checkmarks).

Subtitle selection in live tv or recordings results in video format not supported.

So in general it behaves like previous versions, BUT it seems to me that starting a live tv stream takes longer than before.

Sometimes i also get just a spinning circle and no video now when starting a live tv stream. This happens more often when changing a channel via tv guide.

Thanks.  Please ensure that your tuners are being acquired and released properly when you play live streams in the app.

pünktchen

Thanks. Please ensure that your tuners are being acquired and released properly when you play live streams in the app.

They do. I still have 1.1.99g on a Tablet - no problems there.

They do. I still have 1.1.99g on a Tablet - no problems there.

Sorry, you lost me... I'm asking about 1.2.5+

pünktchen

Sorry, you lost me... I'm asking about 1.2.5+

I have 1.2.5 on a FireTV Stick - there i get the black screen now sometimes.

You asked me to check my tuners - i did with 1.1.99 on a tablet to proof it's a new problem with 1.2.5 [emoji6]

You asked me to check my tuners - i did with 1.1.99 on a tablet to proof it's a new problem with 1.2.5 [emoji6]

Okay, but I'm still a bit lost.  I asked you to confirm with 1.2.5/6 that your tuners were being released properly and you said they were.

So what is the new problem...?

pünktchen

I can clearly see in my tv backend that a channel is tuned, but the Emby app shows just the spinning circle on a black screen. After 30 seconds without playback my backend kicks the streaming channel.

edit: but even after kicking the stream request, the app shows still the spinning circle...

Edited by pünktchen

Okay, I think the issue here is that we are chasing different issues.

I was asking about normal streaming that works and whether or not your tuners were released properly in that instance.  Because you said this:

Then you said "sometimes" playback doesn't work.  I'm not really sure how to attack that so I wasn't asking about it at this point :).

pünktchen

What should say? When it really starts playing, it plays as well as it used to.

The new problem description was just informational not really complaining. I've thought you know what you've changed, so maybe you would know already what could be the reason...

I don't really use your app, so it's not critical right now for me. I just test it to help you in making the best user experience.

And I do appreciate it.

Have you tried toggling the option to direct stream in VLC to see if one player works better than the other?

pünktchen

Not really because without vlc it's always transcoding, what i'm trying to avoid.

I've tested the channel changing right now with 1.2.6 and vlc activated - today i get no black screen [emoji32]

Who knows. Maybe the stick was too hot yesterday, did some backgound tasks or just needed a reboot?!

I know the Stick is borderline. I will keep an i eye on it.

Spaceboy

yep this is back to square one for me. 1.26g on the shield and the app is playing the NAR track again and i am not able to change it. significant audio delay also present on all HD channels.

dvblink have just released a theater app for android, it may help us troubleshoot.

also i wondered, has any thought been giving to using the DLNA functionality of dvblink similarly to how embytv consumes the HD Homeruns? i assume other tv servers have DLNA as well?

yep this is back to square one for me. 1.26g on the shield and the app is playing the NAR track again and i am not able to change it. significant audio delay also present on all HD channels.

What player is it playing in?

What happens if you switch it (using the new option in settings)?

Spaceboy

direct/v

video doesnt seem to start at all with vlc disabled, spinning circle

If it is playing in VLC I don't know why the track problem would be back.

I guess we need to have you send a log with the app again...

Spaceboy

sorry, audio selecton still works and its on the right stream when it loads, its just that the notification is wrong. when it starts its playing the DD 5.1 track but the NAR track is ticked. if you chose the DD 5.1 option nothing happens, why i reported this to you, however if you select NAR then it changes to NAR and neither stream is ticked.

so working, just very confusing.

is there anything that can be done about the audio delay?

The audio delay, I think is a problem with VLC and these live streams.  Switching to the internal player for them will probably solve that but may come with other trade-offs.

I find the internal player works very well with most Live TV however, there just isn't a perfect answer at this point I'm afraid.  Neither player does everything we want all of the time.

Spaceboy

When you set an audio delay are you expecting it to stick and on a per channel basis? That would do the trick

When you set an audio delay are you expecting it to stick and on a per channel basis? That would do the trick

No it is not persistent.  I doubt that would solve it though because I have seen it get variably out of whack.